Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Moon shrimp data
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2013, 04:18:42 AM »
th3rm0m3t3r0, the joke is on you, then, if you can not even see how it fits. 

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2013, 04:19:31 AM »
Welcome to TFES! I'm pleased to see that we're starting to get angry noobs again. First, I encourage you to avoid making assumptions. We all know the saying about what assume does to us. Instead of saying 'You can't explain x', I suggest you instead say 'How do you explain x?'. You might be surprised at how not-insane Flat Earth Theory actually is.

Things unaccounted for in your theories such as the effects of Lorentz contraction and special relativity (Which is taken into consideration, but used and applied improperly.) lead me to believe that the UA theory is false.

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with Special Relativity. You might want to expand on that a bit, but in a different thread. Hijacking threads (which is absolutely what you're doing right now) is frowned upon.

Direct "zetetic" observations such as the Sun disappearing under the horizon - and the crazy ideas such as moon shrimp - render me to submit to the idea that believing the world is flat is an exercise in lunacy fueled by paranoia and an inability to just trust the data and facts sometimes.

Don't worry, the Moon Shramp are an inside joke. Nobody actually believes in them with the possible exception of iwanttobelieve, who appears to be mentally unstable.

The cycling of the Sun is clearly explained by FET. I suggest you read the FAQ. There will be a link to it in my signature within the next five minutes.

Date Registered: July 21, 2009, 02:44:23 PM
Not an angry noob.
Beside the point.
I suggest reading this for my problem with Lorentz contraction and the UA. http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60351.0#.UsDxFHlMhnw
I'm not talking about the cycle of the Sun.
I'm talking about how it clearly dips below the horizon, and does not "fade out due to a perspective effect".
I'm also glad that the moon shrimp are a joke.  8)
th3rm0m3t3r0, I am not sure what you are confused about.  If you can tell me what you can not understand, I will try to explain it in more simpler terms.  I am here to help.
I understand it, it just doesn't fit.

Angry noobdom isn't about when you registered. It's a state of mind.

Anyway, in response to your other thread all of the other stars, galaxies, etc. are evidently in our frame of reference. Otherwise they'd be somewhere behind us by now.
My point was that I'm not a "noob".
Certainly not angry.
I think you should reread that thread, because what you just said makes little sense.

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 04:20:02 AM »
th3rm0m3t3r0, the joke is on you, then, if you can not even see how it fits.
Good.
Go look out your window some more and get back to me with results.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2013, 04:23:37 AM »
It looks flat.  I have not had my eyeballs calibrated lately, though. 

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 04:29:41 AM »
It looks flat.  I have not had my eyeballs calibrated lately, though.
Pancakes and windows bore me.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 01:04:49 AM »
lol, you guys are nuts.  Everytime someone shows you evidence that the earth is round, you come up with excuses.  This is the crazy asylum. 

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 03:01:31 AM »
lol, you guys are nuts.  Everytime someone shows you evidence that the earth is round, you come up with excuses.  This is the crazy asylum.
Show us your teeth.
God is real.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 02:02:08 PM »
Show us your teeth.

I've got all of my teeth, plus I still have two of my Wisdom teeth, although two were chipped from a couple of fights. 

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 04:49:58 PM »
I most certainly do not respond with excuses.  If you have evidence to present, by all means do so.   The topic at hand is the luminosity of the moon, I believe.   You may begin.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 06:15:41 PM »
The moon reflects light from the sun.  How can this happen?  Because the earth is round and so is the sun and moon.  If you don't believe me, go back to school and actually learn something this time. 

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2014, 07:00:39 PM »
The moon reflects light from the sun.  How can this happen?  Because the earth is round and so is the sun and moon.  If you don't believe me, go back to school and actually learn something this time.
And your evidence is?

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »
Of course there is evidence.  Just pick up a science book every now and then.  Viola, evidence of the shape of the earth and sun and moon. 

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2014, 07:55:55 PM »
Of course there is evidence.  Just pick up a science book every now and then.  Viola, evidence of the shape of the earth and sun and moon.

So you don't have any actual evidence then.  Good to know, move along.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2014, 07:58:53 PM »
There is literally evidence everywhere.  You just choose to ignore everything that does not fit into you flat earth theory. 

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »
lol, you are seriously trying to impose moon shrimp into a serious discussion?  You people are lame. 

Thork

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2014, 08:05:43 PM »
I have sources, you have insults. You aren't doing a very good job for the round team.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 08:10:17 PM »
I am not a newby.  I lurked on the other site for a long time.  I know about moon shrimp and I know it is a joke.  Maybe you can grow up an see that the earth is round, or maybe not. 

Thork

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Its not all one way traffic here. We can have fun at you, as much as you can have fun with us. :D

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
I don't try to have fun with you.  I will probably never come back after today.  I am just here to make you look like fools, because every piece of evidence points to the world being round.