Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5420 on: May 22, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »
Regardless how you look at it, for Trump to come out and publicly announce he is taking the hydro was messed up.

Since it has not been approved for use, and the Drs and scientist say "DO NOT USE!", there can be only two angles here:

1. Trump is lying, which would be disgraceful to say the least (however is the norm for Trump).
2. Trump isn't lying therefore, what is his motive in publicly defying Drs and scientists - which is seems equally disgraceful.

There is literally nothing Trump has done to unify, or lead the country through its worst crisis since either the great depression or the spanish flu - which this current crisis is a combination of both. Trump has succeeded in further dividing and exhausting this country with crap like this.

Those who still support Trump are victims of a type of psychological abuse similar to that which is suffered in domestic abuse cases - in which the abused cannot leave the abuser due to some twisted sense of learned dependence.
Doctors and scientists are not saying do not use hydroxychloroquine.

Oh pardon me, they said they "don't recommend to use outside of a hospital", which is exactly what Trump did.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #5421 on: May 22, 2020, 02:26:15 PM »
They wanted a broken government.
Assuming the government was intact prior to his election isn't a strong position for you to take.

Elaborate. I understand that you don't like the people in power and think our 2 party system is a sham (a situation Trump has only exacerbated since he's been in office, I don't see how anyone could argue that we haven't only gotten more tribalistic in the last four years), but in what ways specifically would you say the government was broken before Trump came into power?

And more importantly how exactly was installing someone who has no experience governing in the position of highest government office in the country supposed to fix things?
I didn't use the word broke and I didn't identify (but come to think of it, neither did you) who "they," is.

There are many examples of government being broke long before Trump.

The Revolution is a prime example.

totallackey

« Reply #5422 on: May 22, 2020, 02:28:31 PM »
Regardless how you look at it, for Trump to come out and publicly announce he is taking the hydro was messed up.

Since it has not been approved for use, and the Drs and scientist say "DO NOT USE!", there can be only two angles here:

1. Trump is lying, which would be disgraceful to say the least (however is the norm for Trump).
2. Trump isn't lying therefore, what is his motive in publicly defying Drs and scientists - which is seems equally disgraceful.

There is literally nothing Trump has done to unify, or lead the country through its worst crisis since either the great depression or the spanish flu - which this current crisis is a combination of both. Trump has succeeded in further dividing and exhausting this country with crap like this.

Those who still support Trump are victims of a type of psychological abuse similar to that which is suffered in domestic abuse cases - in which the abused cannot leave the abuser due to some twisted sense of learned dependence.
Doctors and scientists are not saying do not use hydroxychloroquine.

Oh pardon me, they said they "don't recommend to use outside of a hospital", which is exactly what Trump did.
Doctors and scientists are not saying do not use hydroxychloroquine and they are not recommending to only use hydroxychloroquine inside of a hospital.

Stop posting false information.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:54:20 PM by totallackey »

totallackey

« Reply #5423 on: May 22, 2020, 03:11:10 PM »
Actually, one could apply your analogy to those certain people who think the government has an obligation solve every issue.

You know, those dependent on the government teet are the ones dependent on anything but themselves.

Yeah, that sounds kinda dependent and ripe for abuse.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: May 22, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »
Actually, one could apply your analogy to those certain people who think the government has an obligation solve every issue.

You know, those dependent on the government teet are the ones dependent on anything but themselves.

Yeah, that sounds kinda dependent and ripe for abuse.

*Literally lives in a welfare state.*
*Watches all the people who can depend on themselves*

Like seriously, your attitude does not match reality. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: May 22, 2020, 04:21:23 PM »
Doctors and scientists are not saying do not use hydroxychloroquine and they are not recommending to only use hydroxychloroquine inside of a hospital.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

I'm sure you won't read the article, and will instead follow up with another "na-uh" and then continue your winey attacks, but at least others in this thread who can read will see the truth.

Edit:

From the CDC with regards to the use of hydroxychloroquine (since you won't read it, I'll quote it here):

"There are no drugs or other therapeutics presently approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to prevent or treat COVID-19."

To spell it out for you, hydroxychloroquine falls under the "No drugs or other therapeutics"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

Post Edit:

Please don't come back with a strawman about hydroxychloroquine being approved for lupus, malaria and blah blah blah..... Please remember we are talking about using it for COVID-19, specifically, the POTUS using it in a way directly against CDC and FDA guidelines.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:32:24 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: May 22, 2020, 04:50:19 PM »
They wanted a broken government.
Assuming the government was intact prior to his election isn't a strong position for you to take.

Elaborate. I understand that you don't like the people in power and think our 2 party system is a sham (a situation Trump has only exacerbated since he's been in office, I don't see how anyone could argue that we haven't only gotten more tribalistic in the last four years), but in what ways specifically would you say the government was broken before Trump came into power?

And more importantly how exactly was installing someone who has no experience governing in the position of highest government office in the country supposed to fix things?
I didn't use the word broke and I didn't identify (but come to think of it, neither did you) who "they," is.

Well you wouldn't have responded with an implication that the government was previously not intact to my comment that Trump broke it if you weren't saying it was already broken; your response wouldn't have made sense (but it did).

And actually I was quite clear about who I was referring to with "they". I'm talking about Trump voters.

There are many examples of government being broke long before Trump.

The Revolution is a prime example.

The American Revolution that founded the country in the first place?  ??? Or are you referring to some other "Revolution"?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:09:52 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: May 22, 2020, 05:17:47 PM »
Maybe he means these guys?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #5428 on: May 22, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

I'm sure you won't read the article, and will instead follow up with another "na-uh" and then continue your winey attacks, but at least others in this thread who can read will see the truth.

Edit:

From the CDC with regards to the use of hydroxychloroquine (since you won't read it, I'll quote it here):

"There are no drugs or other therapeutics presently approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to prevent or treat COVID-19."

To spell it out for you, hydroxychloroquine falls under the "No drugs or other therapeutics"

Post Edit:

Please don't come back with a strawman about hydroxychloroquine being approved for lupus, malaria and blah blah blah..... Please remember we are talking about using it for COVID-19, specifically, the POTUS using it in a way directly against CDC and FDA guidelines.

The Lancet just published a study indicating that there is an increased risk of mortality across all groups when using Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: May 23, 2020, 04:20:34 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-remains-mum-questions-about-trump-s-annual-physical-n1213266

Makes you thonk.

Really, who's going to make the president complete their physical every year? It's not required by law, and even if it were, Trump could still just ignore it to the cheers of his fans and the quiet acceptance of the Republicans in Congress. Maybe he'll just say, "Believe me, I'm 6'4 and 220 lbs, all of it muscle. I'm in perfect health, tremendous health, way better than Obama, spectacular health," and his fans will go wild.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: May 23, 2020, 04:34:33 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-remains-mum-questions-about-trump-s-annual-physical-n1213266

Makes you thonk.

Really, who's going to make the president complete their physical every year? It's not required by law, and even if it were, Trump could still just ignore it to the cheers of his fans and the quiet acceptance of the Republicans in Congress. Maybe he'll just say, "Believe me, I'm 6'4 and 220 lbs, all of it muscle. I'm in perfect health, tremendous health, way better than Obama, spectacular health," and his fans will go wild.

“Too often in history have presidents concealed secret illnesses and medicine routines that had the potential to undermine their leadership, and the wellbeing of all of us.” - from the article

Ah ha! Since Trump isn't a leader, there is nothing to undermine, so he doesn't have to say a damn thing!
"noche te ipsum"

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: May 25, 2020, 03:40:15 PM »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/14/obamagate-donald-trump-calls-barack-obama-testify-officials/

Fifty year sentences.

Hmm. In what kind of government does the person in power demand oppressive imprisonment of his political opponents? I mean where have we seen that kind of thing actually happen in recent history?

4 more years!  ::)
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: May 25, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
I mean where have we seen that kind of thing actually happen in recent history?
Ukraine?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: May 25, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
I mean where have we seen that kind of thing actually happen in recent history?
Ukraine?

Do you really think that's the same thing or are you just trying to be provocative? I mean, I know little about that country's actual leadership so I don't know to what degree they were corrupt in the matter, but I don't think Biden was ever president there.

Assuming you're referring to Biden.

If not I'm sure you'll correct me.

edit: I'm actually refreshing myself on the details of the scandal and having trouble figuring out who you're referring to that was actually imprisoned. Viktor Shokin was merely removed from office, right? Who or what exactly are you referring to?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:00:07 PM by Roundy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: May 25, 2020, 06:35:27 PM »
I'm not worried.  He couldn't even get Hillary Clinton charged with anything, and he was willing to skip due process and lock her up.

Odds are, he's got nothing.  Just more empty rants that he, if it was truthful, could have done something about... But didn't.

totallackey

« Reply #5435 on: May 26, 2020, 10:15:02 AM »

Edit:

Post Edit:

Approved?

Who said it was approved?

The POTUS isn't using outside of guidelines.

More misrepresentation of the facts from the left...

There are a multitude of drugs being used for other conditions than which they were first formulated...

Just spare us your feigned indignation over this...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 12:00:23 PM by totallackey »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: May 26, 2020, 11:25:16 AM »
I'm sure you won't read the article, and will instead follow up with another "na-uh" and then continue your winey attacks

Called it!

totallackey

« Reply #5437 on: May 26, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »
I'm sure you won't read the article, and will instead follow up with another "na-uh" and then continue your winey attacks

Called it!
Called it my ass...

I read the damn thing...

"Cautions against..."

Laughable, the whole thing.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have the exact same side effects, for the same conditions for which they are authorized, as they do for any prescribed use for Covid-19.

For one, the POTUS is under the care of multiple doctors...

B, nobody needs to follow any recommendation from the FDA, for or against anything...the FDA is a regulatory agency and doesn't write law...neither does the CDC...

C, How many board certified physicians work for the FDA...how many different opinions...which one gets the grease at any time?

For IV, doctors can prescribe a number of drugs for specific uses other than that for which they have been approved...

For 5, I am going to take the time to list a number of prescription drugs approved by the FDA, having little to none potentially harmful and dangerous side effects, up to and including death:

I could have listed more of these totally safe wonder drugs, but I got tired of typing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:49:43 AM by totallackey »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: May 26, 2020, 11:48:51 AM »
B, nobody needs to follow any recommendation from the FDA, for or against anything...the FDA is a regulatory agency and doesn't write law...neither does the CDC...

Oh, moving the goalposts, ok

At least you seem to grasp that Trump did in fact go against the guidelines. I guess it's progress.

Nobody ever said he broke the law by doing it. That would be pretty brazen given that he was being completely public about it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:50:56 AM by Roundy »

totallackey

« Reply #5439 on: May 26, 2020, 11:50:28 AM »

Oh, moving the goalposts, ok

At least you seem to grasp that Trump did in fact go against the guidelines. I guess it's progress.

Nobody ever said he broke the law by doing it. That would be pretty brazen given that he was being completely public about it.
Good thing you don't try to categorize Trump's actions in taking hydroxy as somehow lawless, then...right!?

Give me and everyone here a break...

That's been you and all the others' MO from the jump...

Those aren't goalposts...

They are a simple decision everyone, including Trump, is allowed on a daily basis.

Just a knockdown of a stupid strawman erected by fear mongers and naysayers.

He didn't go even GO AGAINST the guidelines...

You, as usual, are refusing to read.

Called it!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:56:53 AM by totallackey »