Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: IRC
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 11:32:20 PM »
I'll erase that line from production for the time being as an immediate remedy.
Done. I got rid of the reference to IRC altogether, at least for now. Once we have a sensible agreement on how to proceed, we can always restore all or part of it.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 12:17:10 AM »
Done. I got rid of the reference to IRC altogether, at least for now. Once we have a sensible agreement on how to proceed, we can always restore all or part of it.

That seems like a reasonable solution to me. I would be happy to facilitate IRC as a medium for FET discussion if there is interest, but at the same time, nobody on IRC currently wants to discuss it. Unless and until that changes, it's pointless to send noobs there.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 12:31:46 AM »
I would like to discuss it, and I'm sure others would help out of there's a separate chat for it that doesn't interrupt their conversations, which is why I think it'd be better to make a new one for FES discussion rather than try to push everyone out of their current room.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »
You want to make it your secret club just for you and your friends. It was obvious from the outset.

In which case it should never have been made public. FE IRC has always been about a group of nervous young men making comments about everyone else behind their backs. Never was there an intention to use it to allow more access and make the society more accessible to people.

So keep it as your treehouse and put a sign on it "No adults allowed". And get all the links to it off of the website. ::)

It's most just banter between the regulars. Talking about drugs, lore lore lore, music, and other stuff. And I'm probably the youngest in there at 23 but ok

I retrieved some super secret discussion of Thork from the no adults club:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:38:11 AM by Vindictus »

Thork

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 03:49:53 PM »

That seems like a reasonable solution to me. I would be happy to facilitate IRC as a medium for FET discussion if there is interest, but at the same time, nobody on IRC currently wants to discuss it. Unless and until that changes, it's pointless to send noobs there.
Agreed.