Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #600 on: May 18, 2019, 02:17:34 AM »
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/the-real-reason-fans-hate-the-last-season-of-game-of-thrones/

This is a terrific article that provides a new, scientific perspective on the problems with this last season. A lot of it probably applies to the previous season too.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #601 on: May 18, 2019, 05:21:33 AM »
I'll see you all in three months when you realize all these complaints with season eight have been prevalent for the last several seasons. The show jumped the shark a long time ago, and at least season eight is embracing the fan service.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 18, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »
Am I the only one who doesn't despise season 8?
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Rama Set

« Reply #603 on: May 18, 2019, 02:20:31 PM »
Yes, it is universally acclaimed.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 18, 2019, 07:24:11 PM »
Just popping by to say I also think this season is horribly rushed and just trying to meet plot-points. Characters have become dumbed down and oversimplified. I knew this a few seasons ago and had stopped caring so much, but at this point I just want to see how it ends.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2019, 02:58:12 AM »
Meh

« Reply #606 on: May 20, 2019, 04:34:58 AM »
so arya is now magellan all of a sudden wtf
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #607 on: May 20, 2019, 12:27:49 PM »

She mentioned this idea last season I think. After the war was done, she had no place in the world, so she goes off to find a new one. Considering how much travelling she did in the series, its really not that strange.  It would be weirder to me if she just settled down and instantly put her life of revenge aside.

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 20, 2019, 02:14:49 PM »
Eh, wasn't that much worse than the rest of the series.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 20, 2019, 02:48:14 PM »

She mentioned this idea last season I think. After the war was done, she had no place in the world, so she goes off to find a new one. Considering how much travelling she did in the series, its really not that strange.  It would be weirder to me if she just settled down and instantly put her life of revenge aside.

Two more realistic endings for her, starting a company murdering people or smoking pot and playing video games. She is a teenager.

I didn't hate this episode. It was just OK, a little predictable maybe.

So.

Sansa is queen of the north. The only capable monarch in Westeros.

They made Bran the king of the 6 kingdoms? WTF? He knows stories I guess. It qualifies him to be a mediocre librarian. When he ends the show by blowing off a council meeting to warg a dragon I just don't think his heart is in it.

Jon Snow they sent off to the Night's Watch again? Huh? There's no wall. There's no Night King and Wildlings just sort of hang anywhere now. What are they even there for? To fight ManBearPig?

The kingdoms are now being run by the Peter Principle Small Council. None of these people have the qualifications to run a kingdom. Brienne is tall and kills people. She knows nothing about a balanced budget. Braun's only qualification is that he didn't murder Tyrion 2 episodes ago. Sam isn't a maester. He robbed the place and then just dropped out. Ser Davos is barely literate.

The Unsullied go back to Essos.

Oh and there's like 100,000 Dothraki just hanging out without a strong leader in Westeros. They people who only know how to rape and pillage. No one in the show is going to address this point?

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 20, 2019, 03:04:28 PM »

Two more realistic endings for her, starting a company murdering people or smoking pot and playing video games. She is a teenager.

So.

They made Bran the king of the 6 kingdoms? WTF? He knows stories I guess. It qualifies him to be a mediocre librarian. When he ends the show by blowing off a council meeting to warg a dragon I just don't think his heart is in it.

Jon Snow they sent off to the Night's Watch again? Huh? There's no wall. There's no Night King and Wildlings just sort of hang anywhere now. What are they even there for? To fight ManBearPig?

The kingdoms are now being run by the Peter Principle Small Council. None of these people have the qualifications to run a kingdom. Brienne is tall and kills people. She knows nothing about a balanced budget. Braun's only qualification is that he didn't murder Tyrion 2 episodes ago. Sam isn't a maester. He robbed the place and then just dropped out. Ser Davos is barely literate.

Oh and there's like 100,000 Dothraki just hanging out without a strong leader in Westeros. They people who only know how to rape and pillage. No one in the show is going to address this point?

Goddamn learn how to spell the character's names pls
Bronn ain't no Nazi scientist.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 20, 2019, 03:22:51 PM »

So.

NEVER!

Reading is for sexual deviants.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 20, 2019, 03:24:14 PM »
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/the-real-reason-fans-hate-the-last-season-of-game-of-thrones/

This is a terrific article that provides a new, scientific perspective on the problems with this last season. A lot of it probably applies to the previous season too.

Good read BTW.

It rings true.

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 22, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »

So.

NEVER!

Reading is for sexual deviants.
You read my post. Interesting turn of events, innit?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 22, 2019, 03:22:16 PM »
BBC dedicated an entire article today to how the wimminz don't get as many speaking lines as the men.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48335099

Which is probably one of the reasons this series has been such a success.  :-\
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 22, 2019, 04:28:48 PM »
BBC dedicated an entire article today to how the wimminz don't get as many speaking lines as the men.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48335099

Which is probably one of the reasons this series has been such a success.  :-\

Troll hard, thork.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 22, 2019, 05:39:13 PM »
The real problem with season 8 is it contained no Emilia Clarke sex scenes, in fact, how good a season was correlates entirely to how many times naked Dany appears in it.

Rama Set

« Reply #617 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:12 PM »
The real problem with season 8 is it contained no Emilia Clarke sex scenes, in fact, how good a season was correlates entirely to how many times naked Dany appears in it.

She was only naked a few times I thought. GOTs confirmed as a shit series.

« Reply #618 on: May 23, 2019, 01:02:06 AM »
Drogan and Ghost should have gotten together like the Dragon and Donkey in Shrek.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 23, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »
That would be weird, especially if Bran had warged into Drogon at that exact moment. I mean, unless that's his thing.
BobLawBlah.