Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: Just Watched
« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2014, 06:13:52 PM »
Yes, let's continue to lower the intellectual level.

Iron Man 3 is alright.
Arrested Development is funny.
Yay

Rama Set

« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:36 PM »

Iron Man 3 is alright.
Yay

Rooster still cannot get it right on superhero movies.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2014, 06:56:10 PM »
I agree with "alright [sic]" as a judgment of the movie.  It seems fair.  It wasn't as bad as either of the Hulk movies, but neither was it Avengers-quality.

Ghost of V

« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
Is Iron Man 3 the one with the fake Mandarin? That movie was literally the worst.

« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »
Is Iron Man 3 the one with the fake Mandarin? That movie was literally the worst.

HAAANH You actually watch that shit nigga??!?!?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2014, 08:20:43 PM »
Yes, it's the one with the fake Mandarin.  Killian's weak "No, I'm the real Mandarin!" was, I suspect, a last-minute change they threw in to try and placate fans who would have received the actor revelation poorly.  Nobody bought it, of course.  It's obvious that they simply decided to sacrifice the Mandarin as a villain just so they could pull their "clever" little twist.

Rama Set

« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2014, 09:36:17 PM »
Yes, it's the one with the fake Mandarin.  Killian's weak "No, I'm the real Mandarin!" was, I suspect, a last-minute change they threw in to try and placate fans who would have received the actor revelation poorly.  Nobody bought it, of course.  It's obvious that they simply decided to sacrifice the Mandarin as a villain just so they could pull their "clever" little twist.

Which is a terrible way to tell a story.  Clever is the death of good story-telling.

Ghost of V

« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »

Which is a terrible way to tell a story.  Clever is the death of good story-telling.

Not always. But it does come off as extremely desperate in most cases.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2014, 10:33:57 PM »
I also thought that the bad guys being turned into super-strong fiery demons was a bit of a stretch for a movie like this, handwaving about the virus aside.  Iron Man's corner of the universe is supposed to be sci-fi, not fantasy.  Fighting monsters like that in his own movie just seems wrong, in the same way that seeing Thor clacking away at a keyboard in his movie would be wrong.

And Rebecca Hall's character was absolutely pointless.

Rama Set

« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2014, 10:46:16 PM »
The representation of the virus' effects was true to the comic books afaik.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2014, 11:49:19 PM »

Iron Man 3 is alright.
Yay

Rooster still cannot get it right on superhero movies.
Sorry, not sorry.

There was better character development. I still think Avengers is better than Iron Man 3 but it's not as bad as Captain America is all I'm saying.

I really like Robert Downey Jr. and Guy Pierce as actors so that's always to a movie's advantage.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2014, 12:42:46 AM »
The representation of the virus' effects was true to the comic books afaik.

They weren't worried about being true to the comics when they turned the Mandarin into a joke!  Anyway, they should have at least toned it down a little.  It just didn't fit the sci-fi setting to have all that silly fire-breathing and whatnot.

Time to change the subject, because I'm the boss of this thread and I can totally do that.  Is anyone looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy?  That's the one they teased at the end of Thor: The Dark World with Benicio del Toro playing that Mugatu-meets-Liberace-meets-Billy-Idol guy.  Here's a trailer:

This looks awfully risky, even for Marvel.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2014, 01:01:57 AM »
Risky? How so?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2014, 01:25:48 AM »
I mean it looks like a movie that would be really easy to fuck up.  For example, there's a talking raccoon.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2014, 01:26:42 AM »
Anything involving anthropomorphic raccoons is risky.

Edit: Saddamn it.

Rama Set

« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2014, 01:41:39 AM »
I mean it looks like a movie that would be really easy to fuck up.  For example, there's a talking raccoon.

Agreed.  It is either a flop or amazing.  The preview looks decent and it should be important to introducing either elements of the 2nd Avengers movie or the 3rd(!) if that is when they plan on doing the Thanos story.

Ghost of V

« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2014, 01:41:56 AM »
Rocket Raccoon is a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.  The only game he's ever been in... Guardians or the Galaxy is announced a year or so afterwards. Coincidence?

Am I excited? Hell no. 90% of Marvel films are trash. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:59:17 AM by Vauxhall »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2014, 01:52:55 AM »
The second Avengers movie is going to be about Ultron, so I doubt there'll be much of a connection to this.

Rama Set

« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2014, 01:54:52 AM »
The second Avengers movie is going to be about Ultron, so I doubt there'll be much of a connection to this.

Probably, but then you never know with these crazy marvel bastards.  Maybe Ultron is Thanos in disguise.

On another note, did anyone get excited at the mention of Dr. Strange in Captain America 2?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2014, 07:01:32 AM »
I don't get why they decided to bother with this Guardians of the Galaxy thing. Who the hell knows anything about them? It's probably going to turn out like Green Lantern with all these goofy looking characters.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:46:26 AM by beardo »
The Mastery.