Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #620 on: May 23, 2019, 05:06:44 PM »
There's no evidence that Bran can warg a dragon, and if he could have, why didn't he do it during the battle at Winterfell? All he did was take control of a bunch of crows instead. Very lame.

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 23, 2019, 05:14:16 PM »
Then why the last line of his in the finale? "I will find the dragon..." or somesuch nonsense.
BobLawBlah.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 23, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »
Then why the last line of his in the finale? "I will find the dragon..." or somesuch nonsense.

...with crows?

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 23, 2019, 05:21:53 PM »
Then there is this conspiracy theory.

https://theweek.com/articles/842449/bran-truther

That Bran pulled all the strings in the first place.

All I can say at this point is that this show was great - until the end. I thought the first few episodes of season 8 were pretty good. But the last two - especially the finale - were absolute dialogue and acting shitholes.
BobLawBlah.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 23, 2019, 05:25:54 PM »
The show has been pretty much off the rails since that plan to travel north of the wall to abduct a white walker. That was their Matrix Reloaded. Everything after that was basically like watching Matrix Revolutions.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 23, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »
Then there is this conspiracy theory.

https://theweek.com/articles/842449/bran-truther

That Bran pulled all the strings in the first place.

All I can say at this point is that this show was great - until the end. I thought the first few episodes of season 8 were pretty good. But the last two - especially the finale - were absolute dialogue and acting shitholes.

Plot twist: The Night King was actually trying to save humanity from evil magic that stemmed from the old gods all along and that the "Three-Eyed Raven" is really just a demon which possesses mortals. Bran mentioned that he's "no longer Bran" at some point. The Night King wanted to stop the demon from escaping the north and only marched south when it finally escaped the confines of the wall.

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 23, 2019, 06:58:13 PM »
Ooh, damn good theory there. I actually like that idea. Come on fanfic.
BobLawBlah.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 23, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »
<Rushy> but it's not secular, the north won thanks to the help from a fire and war god from a desert land
<Rushy> only a matter of time before it's a burning bush doing the talking instead of just a fireplace
<Rushy> jon died and days later got resurrected by the fire and war god
<Rushy> jesus targaryen, one might say
<Rushy> he had to save humanity from a woman who listened to the serpent
<Rushy> the dragon couldn't kill jon because satan can't kill jesus

Rama Set

« Reply #628 on: May 23, 2019, 08:59:34 PM »
Someone has discovered Joseph Campbell.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 28, 2019, 03:31:38 AM »
I finally did it. I finally watched the last few episodes of GoT, having previously ragequit halfway through the fourth episode after its "lol surprise dragon stealth-sniping" twist. The fans have gotten awfully toxic about this over the past few months, which is not something I condone or want to be affiliated with in any way, but there's no denying that this season was shit. "The Bells" in particular dethroned "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" as the worst episode of the show overall, and Dany's nonsensical descent into insanity is pretty much the main reason why. It had to be the insanity, didn't it? They couldn't have let her keep her agency, let her deliberately choose to start slaughtering innocents as part of her moral absolutism and firm belief in her own destiny; instead, the bells are apparently the trigger for her hereditary insanity, because bitches be crazy. Fuck all those seasons of character development, right?

I feel bad for the cast, who gave it their all down to the last stupid line, and I feel bad for us, the consumers. This is the only conclusion to the story we'll have. Martin is not going to finish the book series, and he's been very clear that he has no intention of letting anyone else touch his material after he's gone. It's very likely that we'll never even get to see The Winds of Winter, because the current status of the story in the books is a convoluted mess that keeps getting more and more complicated despite the fact that things should be winding down now.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 03:40:04 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 29, 2019, 11:39:54 PM »
"lol surprise dragon stealth-sniping"

Rhaegal got 360 no scoped. Shittiest moment in the whole show. How did Dany miss an entire fleet of warships? The worst part of the worst season. Makes me mad just thinking about it again.

bitches be crazy

This is in fact the ultimate point of GoT.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 09, 2019, 09:07:54 PM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-creators-close-200m-netflix-deal-1230119

The people at Netflix have got to be fucking high if they seriously think their shows will be a priority for D&D in the coming years. These idiots have shown that they were willing to ruin GoT in their rush to get to that sweet, sweet Star Wars fame and fortune. How could any show with an undoubtedly far lower profile hope to fare any better?

A couple more points about GoT - Euron was easily the single worst character over the course of the show. He had almost nothing in common with the Euron from the books, he looked ridiculous, every line of dialogue out of his mouth was hammy and poorly-written, virtually all of his victories were due to lazy, convenient writing and plot armor, and possibly worst of all, his entire ambition was to marry his way into power through Cersei. It's not like there was even any indication he planned to eventually kill her or anything. He was content to be number two. Who does that? Who deliberately aims for second place? It's like they were trying to make him less threatening by giving him such a relatively modest ambition.

Also, Cleganebowl was stupid. It was way too heavily foreshadowed in the previous season (the Hound doing a double take when he saw Gregor and then staring at him in silent horror would have been far more effective as a setup), and they had no real reason to fight. Gregor was a mindless zombie at that point, and the Hound had made his peace with his desire for revenge a long time ago. His characterization had moved beyond that, and he was now into caring for others and trying to contribute positively to society. It might have worked if he had still been with Arya at the time, and his fighting Gregor was to buy her time to escape. But no, the show had to go out of its way to not let that be the case by having him dismiss her previously. As the scene stands, it's just naked fanservice, something that they had to cram into the show because fans (of the books specifically, not necessarily the show) were loudly demanding it, at the expense of both character and story.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 03:41:07 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y