Offline notflat

• send noodles
    • View Profile
Question - image leakage
« on: July 15, 2018, 08:30:54 PM »
I have a question to the flat-earthers here: why are there little to no 'leaked' images of the flat earth, the heavily armored border, or the very border itself? There has to be something, you can't control 7B+ people like that!
Consider this: There are places like WikiLeak where the darkest of secrets reside and can't be removed - but this isn't? I know that the people at the border can kill, but what if one of them somehow took a picture of it without others looking? Also, if we have cameras that can zoom onto other planets, why can't you zoom onto the border and take the picture? You won't get killed, they may not even see you! Why hasn't there been a live-stream of a person getting close to the border, and getting killed or managing to escape from the heavily armed troops? Looking forward to the standard of a mature response. Please, avoid shitty ad-hoc excuses.
it's a pretzel, I swear

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Question - image leakage
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 08:59:41 PM »
why are there little to no 'leaked' images of the flat earth
Every image of the Earth is an image of the Flat Earth, because the Earth is flat.

the heavily armored border, or the very border itself?
Border? Armoured? What in Bambi's name are you on about?

I know that the people at the border can kill
People at the "border"?  ??? Are you sure you've actually read any FE resources, rather than "I Fucking Love Science"?

Please, avoid shitty ad-hoc excuses.
The next time you make a comment like that, I'm punting you down to Angry Ranting. I'll be generous this time and assume that you just forgot to read the rules. Nonetheless, have a warning.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline notflat

• send noodles
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »
I got a warning for "insulting other users and/or staff members". How exactly does saying what I've said count as insulting someone? Also, according to the theory, isn't Antarctica guarded by armed people? That's what I meant in the post.
it's a pretzel, I swear

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 06:47:42 AM »
I got a warning for "insulting other users and/or staff members". How exactly does saying what I've said count as insulting someone?
Do not discuss moderation outside of S&C. Read the rules: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=977.0

That said, the reasons for your warning are already explained in this thread.

Also, according to the theory, isn't Antarctica guarded by armed people? That's what I meant in the post.
No, it is not, hence my recommendation to actually read some FET material.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 12:00:32 PM »
Every image of the Earth is an image of the Flat Earth, because the Earth is flat.

So we have a agreement from you Pete that 'Every' image is a legitimate image of earth, so would be the camera, the people who captured those images. So do you think they deliberately dint captured the images of THE WALL and what ever is in its way?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 11:28:00 AM »
So do you think they deliberately dint captured the images of THE WALL and what ever is in its way?
What are you talking about? Photographs of the Ice Wall are extremely commonplace and easily accessible.

pj1

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 11:33:12 AM »
So do you think they deliberately dint captured the images of THE WALL and what ever is in its way?
What are you talking about? Photographs of the Ice Wall are extremely commonplace and easily accessible.

I would interject and say that photo's of ice are extremely commonplace.  Whether or not they're the ice wall is entirely up for debate.  I've personally photographed a glacier, close-cropped so you can't see the edges, but I don't think it's evidence of anything :-) 

pj1

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 11:35:03 AM »

FET would suggest that there are no photo's proving the earth is flat because, under FET, space travel (and by extension photo's taken from space) aren't possible.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 11:43:36 AM »
I would interject and say that photo's of ice are extremely commonplace.  Whether or not they're the ice wall is entirely up for debate.  I've personally photographed a glacier, close-cropped so you can't see the edges, but I don't think it's evidence of anything :-)
That's not the question that's been asked, so your interjection is not particularly useful. Is it the case that the Ice Wall exists and conveniently happens to have never been photographed, as asserted by DuniyaGolHai? No. At least one of his two assertions are false.

FET would suggest that there are no photo's proving the earth is flat because, under FET, space travel (and by extension photo's taken from space) aren't possible.
Some FE'ers would suggest that. Many photographs proving FET do exist, despite not having been taken from space. In some models, there is nothing stopping you from taking a photograph from space - you'll just be able to see the illuminated portion of the plane, and not much else.

Generally, I would advise against making sweeping statements about what "FET would suggest" - no disrespect intended, but RE'ers simply aren't good spokespeople for FET.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »
Many photographs proving FET do exist, despite not having been taken from space.
And yet the people who took them are not clutching the Nobel prize having conclusively proven that thousands of years of science is wrong.
Can you provide some examples of these photos?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"