Tellthetruth

A question about Aurora Austrius.
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
Scientist say that the northern lights do happen over the south pole, but, are rarely seen because one would have to be on Antarctica, or, some places in the Indian ocean.
Are there southern lights?
Should I consider this more propaganda?
I don't expect to be able to prove it myself, and have had family members stationed in Alaska say they have seen the Northern lights.
I have about 2.1 trillion questions, but, don't know how to articulate them yet, so I will start with this one.
Any insight would be great.
Feel free to elaborate as desired.
Thanks.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
Re: A question about Aurora Austrius.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 07:23:08 PM »
The standard rationale for the Aurora is synchotron radiation, that is, electrons accelerated into tight spirals around magnetic field lines.  I haven't really given it much thought (because electricity and magnetism aren't my areas of expertise), but I don't see why this shouldn't be true on a flat earth.  The mag. field lines converge at the north pole, so aurora appear there as expected, but since the south pole surrounds us, aurorae there are more rare.  Seems to make sense.

Tellthetruth

Re: A question about Aurora Austrius.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 08:54:31 PM »
Thank you. I think I can wrap my head around that.
Sort of like the battery in my cars remote. The entire outside is the negative end. The top middle is the positive.
I have read that the colors of aurora are caused by plasma energy exciting electrons in molecules in the
atmosphere. The different colors are the result of different elements reacting.
I have seen marvelous pictures of the northern lights.
Dang, if it doesn't look like a Creator recharging our (HIS) ship.
N. Tesla experiments are often jarred in my memory as I consider such things.
Fascinating.
I can't help but consider that the energy source originates from outside the "Firmament".
Where the Heavens declare GOD's glory. (The waters above the firmament)
Don't mind me, my search for the Creator is what brought me here.
Thanks again.