Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #8600 on: February 04, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »
I just wanna see Trump testify, damnit.

I'd pay for that!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: February 04, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »

I'd pay for that!

That would definitely be something to behold.

Shoukd we put bets on whether he'll be convicted though? I would say he should be, but it might not be the slam dunk case its cracked up to be (?)

Rama Set

« Reply #8602 on: February 04, 2021, 02:36:46 PM »

I'd pay for that!

Shoukd we put bets on whether he'll be convicted though? I would say he should be, but it might not be the slam dunk case its cracked up to be (?)

He won’t but it will have nothing to do with the facts.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: February 04, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »

I'd pay for that!

He won’t but it will have nothing to do with the facts.

If Trump testified under oath he would tell so many lies he would sink himself.  I'd love to see Trump testify under oath in any setting, it would be hilarious.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: February 04, 2021, 03:04:02 PM »
I'm quite excited about the idea that his defence sounds like it's going to be "no, it wasn't insurrection, it was totally justified because the election was stolen from me". That'll go down like a fart in a space suit.

But I suspect he could turn up, shout "WE WERE TRYING TO MURDER YOU ALL AND I'D DO IT AGAIN, DAMMIT!" and the chicken shit Republicans would still acquit him.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: February 04, 2021, 03:39:51 PM »
But I suspect he could turn up, shout "WE WERE TRYING TO MURDER YOU ALL AND I'D DO IT AGAIN, DAMMIT!" and the chicken shit Republicans would still acquit him.

I guarantee he would - and will - be acquitted. It doesn't matter what he or his lawyers say or do. Republicans have made it clear that they're acquitting him.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: February 04, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »

I guarantee he would - and will - be acquitted. It doesn't matter what he or his lawyers say or do. Republicans have made it clear that they're acquitting him.

All the more reasons that I am done with the Republican Party. Next time, I'm voting Lizard.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Rama Set

« Reply #8607 on: February 04, 2021, 04:26:22 PM »
All the more reasons that I am done with the Republican Party. Next time, I'm voting Lizard.

I thought you said you were done with the Republican Party.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: February 04, 2021, 05:36:41 PM »

I thought you said you were done with the Republican Party.

The Lizards wield their power through the Liberals mainly. It was the conservatives that tipped us off to their evil plan.

Now obviously, Trump is a lizard. But he's not a Republican, he's a New York Democrat that helped keep Hillary Clinton's senate seat away from the conservatives for years. The Republican party was getting votes with him so they decided that it was okay to have the Trump lizard on the team.

This shows that lizards can not only assume human form but they can also take on the form of a Republican.

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: February 05, 2021, 07:39:18 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55943998

Chuckle.

This made me laugh as did his characteristic sulky response.

What a spectacular fall from grace.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8610 on: February 05, 2021, 11:59:16 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55943998

Chuckle.

This made me laugh as did his characteristic sulky response.

What a spectacular fall from grace.

I'll form my own guild, with blackjack and hookers!

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: February 07, 2021, 03:32:02 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-shifted-money-into-indebted-private-business-forbes-2021-2

I have no idea which of the listed transactions constitutes fraud bit this might end up being interesting?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: February 07, 2021, 04:57:59 AM »
Is anyone shocked?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: February 07, 2021, 11:52:34 AM »
Is anyone shocked?

Nop.e

Either you knew he was a crook already from all his previous behavior, or you drank the Trump kool-aid and will just call it fake news or a witch hunt.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: February 10, 2021, 02:53:38 PM »
"Trump’s Lawyer Kicks Off Impeachment Trial by (Accidentally?) Suggesting Trump Should Be Arrested | Vanity Fair" https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/bruce-castor-trump-impeachment-opening-statement/amp

Trump picks nothing but the best lawyers.

I guess it's a good thing for him that he's not going to be convicted anyway, no matter how inept his attorneys are at presenting his case, because Congressional Republicans already sold out on their principles long ago.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: February 10, 2021, 03:00:14 PM »
"Trump’s Lawyer Kicks Off Impeachment Trial by (Accidentally?) Suggesting Trump Should Be Arrested | Vanity Fair" https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/bruce-castor-trump-impeachment-opening-statement/amp

Trump picks nothing but the best lawyers.

I guess it's a good thing for him that he's not going to be convicted anyway, no matter how inept his attorneys are at presenting his case, because Congressional Republicans already sold out on their principles long ago.

I dunno.  Maybe they're so bad that Republicans are convinced, by then, to do so?

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: February 10, 2021, 03:29:45 PM »
Yeah, by almost all accounts, the defense botched basically every aspect of Day 1. Let's hope that train keeps rolling....on off the rails

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: February 10, 2021, 03:41:39 PM »
Mitch McConnell is developing a conscience?  Now all he needs is a chin, some integrity  and a penis to replace the one that Trump took and he can be a whole human being.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-10/mcconnell-signals-to-gop-trump-impeachment-is-a-conscience-vote

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: February 10, 2021, 04:50:07 PM »
Town Of Palm Beach Hears Arguments On Trump's Permanent Move To Mar-A-Lago Full-Time https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/965829170/town-of-palm-beach-hears-arguments-on-trumps-permanent-move-to-mar-a-lago-full-t?sc=18&f=1001

Because Trump brings down property values.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: February 10, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »
I think Trump's defence lawyers should try this next

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56009062