Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: NASA’s Latest Moon Actors
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2023, 07:13:30 PM »
That's easy.  It's because, as so many FE'ers have shown time and time again, there is no evidence of curvature that you will accept.

I'm not asking for evidence, I'm asking for proof. Not the same thing.
Okay then, what proof would you accept?

By the way, the horizon really isn't a physical thing.

Ok? I know that, but if the Earth is a ball then it must be physical, no?
No.

What do you think the horizon is, then?
I already told you.  The horizon is where the sky and earth appear to meet.  What do you think the horizon is?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Dual1ty

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2023, 07:24:27 PM »
That's easy.  It's because, as so many FE'ers have shown time and time again, there is no evidence of curvature that you will accept.

I'm not asking for evidence, I'm asking for proof. Not the same thing.
Okay then, what proof would you accept?

A physical measurement of the ball would be swell. No need to measure the whole ball, a few miles would be enough.

Ok? I know that, but if the Earth is a ball then it must be physical, no?
No.

What do you think the horizon is, then?
I already told you.  The horizon is where the sky and earth appear to meet.  What do you think the horizon is?

Ok lol. Yeah, I agree because it's true.  ;D

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2023, 07:51:01 PM »
A physical measurement of the ball would be swell. No need to measure the whole ball, a few miles would be enough.
Then I suggest you talk with a surveyor because they measure bits and pieces of the earth all the time and a few miles is far enough for them to need to account for the earth's curvature.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Dual1ty

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2023, 07:54:10 PM »
Then I suggest you talk with a surveyor because they measure bits and pieces of the earth all the time and a few miles is far enough for them to need to account for the earth's curvature.

Do you not understand that a physical (tangible) measurement is not the same thing as an optical measurement?

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2023, 07:57:50 PM »

Do you not understand that a physical (tangible) measurement is not the same thing as an optical measurement?
How would you suggest that the curvature along several miles of the earth be physically measured?

Dual1ty

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2023, 08:00:09 PM »
How would you suggest that the curvature along several miles of the earth be physically measured?

Well, I would say it's up to you (the globe cult) to figure out the details since you're the ones claiming that the curvature exists and the ones who have pretty much all the resources & money.

Or alternatively - oh well, you can keep not producing proof of curvature for all eternity for all I care.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2023, 10:27:29 PM »

Well, I would say it's up to you (the globe cult) to figure out the details since you're the ones claiming that the curvature exists and the ones who have pretty much all the resources & money.
Apparently none of the modern methods for measuring curvature are acceptable to you, so we seem to be at an impasse.

Or alternatively - oh well, you can keep not producing proof of curvature for all eternity for all I care.
If objects moving past and sinking below the horizon, satellite imagery or any of the other evidence posted isn't enough proof of curvature for you, then I don't know what is. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 10:29:55 PM by markjo »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2023, 11:38:44 AM »
Damn, RE light now exists outside of the realm of physics. And you say we're the ones with strange ideas about light.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2023, 06:39:46 PM »
Damn, RE light now exists outside of the realm of physics.
I'm not sure where you got that from, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't say resembling that.

And you say we're the ones with strange ideas about light.
Do you have anything to add to the discussion or should I report you for low content posting?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2023, 09:17:10 AM »
I'm not sure where you got that from, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't say resembling that.
Of course you did, and I helpfully quoted you saying it. Of course, it's possible that you have a perfectly good explanation for a metaphysical horizon, but so far you chose not to provide it.

should I report you for low content posting?
I would sincerely advise against you trying to troll via the mod report function. You already have a track record of doing that.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2023, 10:17:39 AM »
Nah, I don't buy it. A conspiracy spanning centuries with no genuine motive in sight just isn't feasible to me, and I'd need more evidence than the fact that a number of these historical astronomers were members of a silly club to convince me otherwise.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that you think heliocentrism is just a coincidence and there is no organized conspiracy associated with it?
Freemasonry isn't behind any heliocentric worldview. Masons always meet on the level.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Dual1ty

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2023, 11:25:16 AM »
Freemasonry isn't behind any heliocentric worldview. Masons always meet on the level.

When you're part of a conspiracy, you know that you're selling BS to people.

It's not about Freemasonry as a whole. It never was and it never will be. I can count the Freemasons that "went to the Moon" with my fingers. But they were there... in the hangar faking it lol.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 11:27:39 AM by Dual1ty »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2023, 12:00:26 PM »
I have literally no idea what you mean by that. You understand that the earth isn't a perfect sphere, right?
So what would a few miles of "physical measurement of the ball" involve and what would it demonstrate?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2023, 12:10:44 PM »

It's not about Freemasonry as a whole. It never was and it never will be. I can count the Freemasons that "went to the Moon" with my fingers. But they were there... in the hangar faking it lol.
The "Moon landing," was definitely bullshit of course. But that has nothing to do with the shape of the earth.

Dual1ty

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2023, 12:18:27 PM »

The "Moon landing," was definitely bullshit of course. But that has nothing to do with the shape of the earth.

Yes it does.

If you meant "prior knowledge of the shape of the Earth is not necessary to fake a Moon landing", then sure. They're just working from an authoritative model of the "Solar System" that someone knows is BS but they still push it. But it doesn't really matter who it is. At the end of the day Freemasonry is just a network of people ready to do dirt for their "brothers". Plain and simple.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 12:32:49 PM by Dual1ty »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2023, 12:22:52 PM »

Yes it does.

If you meant "prior knowledge of the shape of the Earth is not necessary to fake a Moon landing", then sure. They're just working from a model of the "Solar System" that someone knows is BS. But it doesn't really matter who it is. At the end of the day Freemasonry is just a network of people ready to do dirt for their "brothers". Plain and simple.
Well, I certainly do not and will not do dirt for any "brother." And again, the moon landing was bullshit. And I guess, all the reporting did present a heliocentric viewpoint...

Dual1ty

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2023, 12:34:48 PM »
Well, I certainly do not and will not do dirt for any "brother." And again, the moon landing was bullshit. And I guess, all the reporting did present a heliocentric viewpoint...

Good for you. There are good and bad Freemasons. Just like there are good and bad people. It's really not hard at all to understand.

But knowing what I know now about how certain groups operate, I wouldn't be surprised if they could force you to do dirt, if you have a family they can threaten.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 12:56:32 PM by Dual1ty »

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2023, 02:06:11 PM »

Proof?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2023, 03:41:58 PM »
Proof?
Still struggling with basic terminology, I see.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2023, 03:45:03 PM »

Good for you. There are good and bad Freemasons. Just like there are good and bad people. It's really not hard at all to understand.

But knowing what I know now about how certain groups operate, I wouldn't be surprised if they could force you to do dirt, if you have a family they can threaten.
Masons do not go around threatening peoples' families.

Think about your basic argumentation here:

1) Masons do dirt for each other, meaning they help each other; and,
B) Masons are gonna kill their brothers if they don't do the dirt.

Sorry, those things just don't line up. Lots and lots of dissonance in the tune your singing there....