Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to flight MH370?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 10:37:47 PM »
The most logical conclusion is Thork's. It requires no conspiracy or motivation. The plane malfunctioned and crashed into the ocean. Depending on how it malfunctioned and how it crashed, there might be survivors, but I'd imagine they would have found them by now. As far as I know life rafts are equipped with GPS and what-not. At least the military ones are.

Rama Set

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »
Or maybe they found someone who wanted to buy a 777 at a discount.
Ryan Air.

You can't steal a plane. It needs its paperwork to be airworthy. Its useless.
If you wanted to hijack a plane, you'd be making demands by now. 297 people to feed costs a lot of money.
If you were a sovereign state looking to make a point, you'd have made a point by now.
If it was lost, it would have been found by now. Someone on it would have a mobile phone or walked to the nearest village.

Its at the bottom of the sea. I remember that Air France crash over the Pacific in 2009. It took them 2 years to find the wreckage.

The person who wants to buy the plane may also not want to file paperwork. Just saying...

Ghost of V

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
The person who wants to buy the plane may also not want to file paperwork. Just saying...

Yeah, I don't think "terrorists" care about paperwork.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 10:43:03 PM »

Why would terrorists buy this plane? It isn't like on 9/11 where the terrorists were flying with FAA transponders. The plane would be a known enemy. It'd be shot down over any non-third-world country.

Ghost of V

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »

Why would terrorists buy this plane? It isn't like on 9/11 where the terrorists were flying with FAA transponders. The plane would be a known enemy. It'd be shot down over any non-third-world country.

This is a good point.

Thork

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »
As far as I know life rafts are equipped with GPS and what-not. At least the military ones are.
A plane going nose first into the sea doesn't launch lifeboats.

But you couldn't fly it anywhere. It couldn't file a flight plan and would be intercepted by fighters as soon as it got near anyone's airspace. Why buy a plane if you are going to do something illegal with it? You'd just steal it yourself. Or hire one.

I'll pre-empt selling it for scrap. Yes a plane is worth a lot in scrap. But everything has a unique part number and so it can't be fitted to an airworthy plane. Also scrap dealers will want to know where you got 300,000 kg of aluminium. You have to have paperwork if you turn up with a few reels of copper cable these days.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:55:45 PM by Thork »

Ghost of V

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »
So what everyone is saying is that reddit was wrong? How could this be?  >o<

Thork

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 10:57:00 PM »
So what everyone is saying is that reddit was wrong? How could this be?  >o<
Its not the real people from Reddit. Its NSA stooges trying to undermine the community.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 11:05:08 PM »
The most logical conclusion is Thork's. It requires no conspiracy or motivation. The plane malfunctioned and crashed into the ocean. Depending on how it malfunctioned and how it crashed, there might be survivors, but I'd imagine they would have found them by now. As far as I know life rafts are equipped with GPS and what-not. At least the military ones are.
How does GPS work over oceans?

Thork

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 11:08:28 PM »
How does GPS work over oceans?
From the bottom of the sea? Not very well. Get out. This isn't Flat Earth Q&A. >o<

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »
Ryan Air.

You can't steal a plane. It needs its paperwork to be airworthy. Its useless.
If you wanted to hijack a plane, you'd be making demands by now. 297 people to feed costs a lot of money.
If you were a sovereign state looking to make a point, you'd have made a point by now.
If it was lost, it would have been found by now. Someone on it would have a mobile phone or walked to the nearest village.

Its at the bottom of the sea. I remember that Air France crash over the Pacific in 2009. It took them 2 years to find the wreckage.

Yeah, but they still received data from that aircraft as it went down, and they found debris within the first 2 days. It was just the crash itself that they couldn't find, as it was at the bottom of the atlantic. I think I remember reading that the water is only 60m deep in the suspected crash area for MH370, so it would be easier to spot.

Why did the plane stop transmitting all data? There's also that bit of information about the plane turning around, according to military radar. We should also have found debris or bodies by now, even though it's still early days.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:14:39 AM by Vindictus »

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 12:43:05 AM »
www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html

tl;dr the plane turned around and was tracked by military radar until it disappeared again, after the transponder was turned off. So that explains why they were searching on the wrong side of Malaysia.

Ghost of V

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 12:45:18 AM »
www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html

tl;dr the plane turned around and was tracked by military radar until it disappeared again, after the transponder was turned off. So that explains why they were searching on the wrong side of Malaysia.

The media is making it incredibly hard not to come to ridiculous conclusions.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 12:47:24 AM »
It is a pretty confounding case. The solution is likely more simple than anyone has guessed, but there's just so many small details involved.

Ghost of V

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2014, 12:51:23 AM »
It is a pretty confounding case. The solution is likely more simple than anyone has guessed, but there's just so many small details involved.

Probably. Which means it was North Korea.

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 12:56:46 AM »
Well.. The plane had enough petrol to reach North Korea.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 02:03:47 AM »
North Korea doesn't have the willpower, the manpower, or the intelligence to to steal a plane. They had a hard enough time stealing a train from China that was delivered right to them. China used the train to deliver aid, Best Korea was supposed to send the train back, and then proceeded to not send it back.

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 02:29:30 AM »
North Korea doesn't have the willpower, the manpower, or the intelligence to to steal a plane. They had a hard enough time stealing a train from China that was delivered right to them. China used the train to deliver aid, Best Korea was supposed to send the train back, and then proceeded to not send it back.

Don't you bitcoiners love a good conspiracy?

Ghost of V

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:57 AM »
Naw. It was North Korea.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 07:56:28 AM »
Ryan Air.
Well, y'know, they do want to start providing transcontinental flights...
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume