Offline Space Angel

• Fledgling Zeteticist
    • View Profile
Re: What is the basic essence of "Zetetic Philosophy"?
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 05:49:14 AM »
>Vauxhall; Would you say that the Zetetic method prefers tangible evidence as opposed to intangible evidence? For example, would mathematical and photographic evidence of a globular Earth be acceptable within ZP, or would it be consider fraudulent because both those things could be manipulated? If that's the case, what sort of evidence could persuade someone who prefers the ZP method?

>Gulliver; I have no idea what AWT is...

>Rama Set; I understand that FET is not considered science, but I'm trying to understand Zetetic philosophy and it's methodology as it pertains to FET. I am more interested in FET in a philosophical or ontological way rather than anything else. So, regardless of the shape of the Earth, I'm just trying to really understand ZP and it's influence, and also it's pros and cons as a method.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 06:16:05 AM »

>Gulliver; I have no idea what AWT is...

Neither do I. I've participated in several threads and even started one trying to figure it out. The acronym AWT might mean FE's aether wind theory, but, of course, ZP doesn't include theories. I really can't resolve the contradiction.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Ghost of V

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 06:58:22 AM »
>Vauxhall; Would you say that the Zetetic method prefers tangible evidence as opposed to intangible evidence? For example, would mathematical and photographic evidence of a globular Earth be acceptable within ZP, or would it be consider fraudulent because both those things could be manipulated? If that's the case, what sort of evidence could persuade someone who prefers the ZP method?.

Photographic 'evidence' is almost always dismissed in favor of first hand knowledge. Like you said, photos can be doctored.

Surprisingly, we have yet to see an astronaut come to this forum (or the other forum) with eyewitness accounts of Earth from space. People claiming the Earth is round on these forums have not seen the roundness firsthand. Yet, you can look out a window and see that it is obviously flat. I choose to believe my own senses over that of an anonymous user on a forum or a government that has been known to lie to its own people.

Offline Space Angel

• Fledgling Zeteticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
>Vauxhall; Does FET take into account curvature like hills, mountains, etc.? In the city where I live I often feel the roundness of the ground as i walk across certain areas. I could see a Zetetic counter argument from people who live in very mountainous areas for example. If mathematics, video, photography, etc., aren't enough to satisfy ZP, then what sort of experimentation would be enough to satisfy an observation?

It seems like a massive experiment would have to take place to prove without any doubt that FET is true. And it could be the case that to satisfy ZP, the world technology would have to advance a great deal because it would have to be tangible evidence and not documented evidence. ZP is difficult to persuade, so I wonder if that might be the "essence" of it. A sort of stubbornness that requires 100% tangible evidence to be satisfied. 

Ghost of V

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:11 PM »
Of course you're going to feel curvature if you're living in a mountainous region.

Zetetic thinking promotes self-discovery, original thought, creativity, and not following the established scientific doctrines just because "NASA" says so.

If you're interested in AWT (Aetheric Wind Theory), here are two threads with some useful information:
http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1945.0
http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1948.0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:59:03 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Space Angel

• Fledgling Zeteticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 11:44:46 PM »
So discovery of truth would be left to the individual who is following ZP then. One Zeteticist couldn't convince another Zeteticist of the discovery, leaving that Zeteticist to explore on his/her own; is that about right?

Ghost of V

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »
So discovery of truth would be left to the individual who is following ZP then. One Zeteticist couldn't convince another Zeteticist of the discovery, leaving that Zeteticist to explore on his/her own; is that about right?

These are some pretty involved questions. I do not know if I can answer them properly.
I would encourage you to discover the truth for yourself, yes. Following what I say or any other user on this forum blindly is not recommended.

Offline Foxbox

• We live inside a dream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
The earth sounds flat to me.

I think it tastes flat too.

Ghost of V

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 05:32:46 PM »