Offline dbamember

• it ain't over 'till it's over...
    • View Profile
shoemaker-levi question unaswered, but locked out.
« on: July 14, 2020, 11:48:27 PM »
Hey Moderators. Got a bit of a bone to pick. I posted a question about watching an event on Jupiter
and asked how FE theory got around the parallax issue when viewing such an event from various
points on earth. I was referred to another post about Jupiter (that didn't comment on parallax even a
little bit- so my question went unaddressed), and then found myself chastised because "that's not the way it works here",
"video evidence is not accepted", "how do we really know it happened", etc. (I saw the event with my own eyes)
And then...… my question was locked- still not addressed, by the way.
Seems that any question you don't like gets the "bum's rush". How can you hold a logical conversation with this sort
of nonsense going on?
Hell of a way to handle legitimate inquiry.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: shoemaker-levi question unaswered, but locked out.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 09:18:56 AM »
You posted it in the wrong board, and you created a duplicate thread. Another user pointed out the latter to you:

You might want to check this thread on the same subject: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=16272.0

(and a moderator will probably scold you for not searching by yourself first)

Having multiple active threads on one subject makes it more difficult to find information for future visitors.

As for the rest of your post: if you start by assuming the worst of your conversation partner, you're unlikely to have a good conversation. If you truly believe that we act in bad faith, don't waste your time with us.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 12:06:09 PM »
Imagine coming to TFES and leaving before you've had an opportunity to interact with Thork?  :o
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline dbamember

• it ain't over 'till it's over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 12:33:03 PM »
"Imagine coming to TFES and leaving before you've had an opportunity to interact with Thork? "

All I can imagine is being given the run-around once again. This website isn't a legitimate inquiry into
FE vs. Globe, it's a shrine for mavericks who see themselves as a society apart- never mind the truth.
Every question I asked was moved, criticized, warned, avoided- but never directly addressed.
I'm out of here, guys. SciManDan for president!

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 01:49:42 PM »
"Imagine coming to TFES and leaving before you've had an opportunity to interact with Thork? "

All I can imagine is being given the run-around once again. This website isn't a legitimate inquiry into
FE vs. Globe, it's a shrine for mavericks who see themselves as a society apart- never mind the truth.
Every question I asked was moved, criticized, warned, avoided- but never directly addressed.
I'm out of here, guys. SciManDan for president!

We have an issue with the moderators, for sure. I don't post in the upper fora any more because the rules are too stringent. I like to wander off topic. Go where the conversation goes. That's what makes every thread different and worth participating in. But for a reason I don't really understand, the mods like to constrain every conversation in the upper fora. I got a warning just today for 'personal attacks'.
Quote from: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=16067.msg216450#msg216450
I think on this website, when someone says something so jaw droppingly stupid, a little badge should be added to their avatar so that everyone knows they are an idiot and gets fair warning before they interact with them.

If everyone staying at home would just eradicate covid-19 ... why haven't we all just stayed at home and eradicated TB, malaria, typhoid, influenza, pneumonia, ebola, MRSA, meningitis, measels, chicken pox ... etc etc etc.?

Surely if staying at home eradicates diseases, we'd have all stayed home years ago and got rid of most of the world's diseases by now? Go and sit in the corner of your room facing the wall and think about your post.
Hardly a personal attack. I don't imagine any hurt feelings over that one. When did TFES become a forum for snowflakes? Why are we so desperately worried about hurt feelings all of a sudden?

And its that lack of judgement that forces many of us to just stay in the lower fora, away from the stupid mods. It has the reverse effect they intend. The upper fora are a turgid wasteland where round earthers get stock answers and flat earthers are reduced to automated chat bots, regurgitating to same boring rhetoric over and over. There is only so many times you can explain how sunsets work. The instant you want to playfully tease the person you are debating you get a warning. Want to lead the conversation somewhere more interesting? Warning. What to use a risqué source? Warning. Fancy injecting a little humour? Warning.
The lower fora end up with all the interesting debates ... but they can be ruined at any instant by the pond life making quote trees and repeating 'he is' until your conversation is destroyed.

There actually isn't anywhere to have a good debate because the mods are so crumby.  :-\

Anyway, farewell noble Kiwi. May the next corner of the internet treat you more hospitably.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 03:50:57 PM »
Hardly a personal attack. I don't imagine any hurt feelings over that one. When did TFES become a forum for snowflakes? Why are we so desperately worried about hurt feelings all of a sudden?
I should know better by now than to bother engaging with you, but this will be for everyone else who stumbles on the thread so they don't assume your whiny rants are true.

Feelings have nothing to do with warnings, which is why they aren't in the rules. I know you like to pull out your GenX/Millennial Conservative bingo card and spout words like "snowflake" because you think it gives you some position of superiority (even though you are about the most emotionally-driven member on this forum). Congratulations, you discovered how to call someone an idiot on the Internet. I hope word doesn't get out, otherwise the Internet may become a rather inhospitable place...

Turns out, you can do that here as well, in the designated boards. There are other corners of the Internet where you can do that anywhere you'd like, and you are free to spend your time in those places. The entire premise of the debates here is debating ideas, not people. You know this, you have been here long enough. Yes, I know you think you are witty and funny and everyone loves reading the next crazy thing Thork says. Unfortunately, that is rarely true. I know you lack self-awareness, so I don't expect you to ever think that maybe you are the one who is wrong <Principal_Skinner-meme.jpg>

For example, Fortuna made this comment to you:

They'rew literally the same but with different games. 30FPS slideshow gameplay. Just get a pc and use a controller you fuck stick lmao.

And received a warning for it. He didn't write seven paragraphs as to how this is a grave injustice. Sometimes, it is worth a warning to tell someone what you think about them. Then you move on.

Anyway, I know this will fall on deaf ears, and it is completely unrelated to the OP, so now is a good time to lock the thread.