Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: President Joe Biden
« Last post by Lord Dave on May 21, 2024, 09:57:06 PM »
I find it rather interesting you both are more worried about a stolen diary than a known child molester.
Because I don't trust anything you say.  I don't trust your sources.  As far as I'm concerned, every word you write and every link you source, is a lie.
Ashley Biden's diary is real. Ashley Biden confirmed the contents are things she wrote. The contents within the diary recollect showering with her father, Daddy Hairy Legs, the perv.

All facts.

Nothing to do with a source.

Yeah... Where do you get the actual words and context?  Ashley?  Nope, some bitch on tv.  You literally have no context.  Or no context I trust.  So unless you're gonna claim you read the whole thing, your word is shit about its context.  For all I know, she's talking when her and daddy went to the public pool when she was 5 and they showered while in bathing suits.  But that would be against the narrative so its cut down to "showering" and "Daddy's hairy legs" and your twisted mind fills in the blanks.
« Last post by Action80 on May 21, 2024, 08:10:22 PM »
I find it rather interesting you both are more worried about a stolen diary than a known child molester.
Because I don't trust anything you say.  I don't trust your sources.  As far as I'm concerned, every word you write and every link you source, is a lie.
Ashley Biden's diary is real. Ashley Biden confirmed the contents are things she wrote. The contents within the diary recollect showering with her father, Daddy Hairy Legs, the perv.

All facts.

Nothing to do with a source.
« Last post by Lord Dave on May 21, 2024, 06:44:54 PM »
« Last post by Action80 on May 21, 2024, 05:26:42 PM »
« Last post by Lord Dave on May 21, 2024, 12:23:27 PM »
Expert?  No.
But as the evidence could have been tampered with and wasn't turned over to police AND is stolen, its the Hunter Biden laptop all over again.  How many people have gone to jail for that one again?
Maybe you missed the part where Ashley confirmed the issues she had showering with Daddy Hairy Legs?

I did!  Because I didn't watch some conservative spindoctor nor did I read a woman's private diary. (Which I assumed hasn't fully been leaked, has it?)

But as Roundy said: the victim's opinion of their own writing carries more weight than whatever conservative trough you feed from.
Be sure to thank your masters for making sure its edited for your pleasure.
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: What is the true map of the earth?
« Last post by AATW on May 21, 2024, 10:57:10 AM »
A good explanation for this:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=92516.msg2422822#msg2422822
That post is a load of word salad, no evidence is provided for any of the claims for it.

The Moon and a sphere have the same orientation as the terminator, they had to state that the Sun is super far away and is too big to explain this on the globe, because this observation is not predicted on a spherical earth.
However, it is predicted by the theory of light bending:
Wrong way round.
The sun was known to be distant - you can look up yourself how that was determined. So the observation of the moon and a close sphere having the same "phase" is expected and predicted. If the sun is close then that observation doesn't make sense, light bending is a hypothesis introduced to explain it.

Celestial sphere and Moon tilt illusion are also predicted much better by the bending of light
This is incorrect. In the moon tilt illusion the light appears to be bending downwards, in the opposite direction to the way EA claims light bends.
And, more importantly, it's an optical illusion, hence the name. You can use a string lined up perpendicular to the terminator on the moon and show that the string points to the sun. I have done this myself. The apparent misalignment is simply an optical illusion.

Scientific articles on the bending of light
No-one disputes that light bends, it bends because of refraction and there are relativistic effects. It just doesn't bend in the way claimed by EA.
Flat Earth Community / Re: The Final Experiment
« Last post by AATW on May 21, 2024, 10:19:51 AM »
In this case for "The Final Experiment" they say that they welcome guests and if you want to go then to contact them to find out how much it will be. There are some rumors that they want $30K or something of that nature.
The company they're using charge $30k for the trip, yes. It's unclear whether they're asking you to pay them the money to pass on to that company. If so then I'd agree that's pretty fishy, but I don't know that's the case.
« Last post by AATW on May 21, 2024, 10:18:15 AM »
How is a couple of RE'ers embezzling investing $60k going to change anything here? Please, be as specific as you can. I'd be fascinated to learn what the endgame here is!
I've already outlined a couple of things that could happen. Neither would actually change much in the grand scheme of things, I never claimed it would.

In the meantime, no matter how much you try to idealise your friends here, they're going to accomplish very little here, other than personally get richer.
Friends? I don't know any of these people, nor do I have much opinion of them. I was asking for your opinion.
Although how will they get richer? I can't see any way to donate to this. You may be right about this, but their financing is not at all clear.

Earnest FE'ers. There are plenty of them, and plenty of places to find them.
And how does one determine who the earnest ones are? I'm not super convinced you lot are earnest.

You keep clinging to this idea that there needs to be an "authority" in an expressly anti-authoritative movement.
I guess the point is there is no FE model about which there is consensus. YouTubers this bloke is engaging with are saying a 24 hour sun in Antarctica would be an issue for their FE model, which is the basis on which he picked that experiment. You're saying it's not an issue for your model. Well OK. Which model is right? It's a similar question to the above, who are the earnest ones and how does anyone tell?

RE doesn't have "an authority" either but there is a lot more consensus in mainstream science - about the basic stuff at least. No-one is debating how many poles there are, for example. Your Wiki outlines the monopole model in the FAQ but there's also a page about the bi-polar model. There's no debate about the layout of the continents or what Antarctica is.

Does it, though?
Yes. You've got two groups of FE people both claiming that they are the "real" FE'ers and the other group aren't. You're calling them grifters, they're calling you controlled opposition. Who is right? How does anyone tell? I have my doubts about you lot, or certainly some of you. I have my doubts about them too.

Would you like me to start fishing out the stupidest people RE has to offer and pointing out that "welp, it's not like there's an authority on RE, so we should just treat these people as equal to everyone else 🤷‍♀️"? Let's face it - you would be very quick to decry it unfair.
There is a difference. Most people don't even regard themselves as REers. I don't really. I'm not a Round Earther any more than I'm a water is wet-er. Most people believe the earth is a globe because that's what they were taught and don't really think about it, or need to. So sure, some very stupid people believe in RE but couldn't explain why. If you're a FE'er then by definition you have thought about it and come to a different view. It's more reasonable to ask a FE'er to explain how the earth can be flat and how all the technologies which (it is claimed) require a globe earth work than it is to ask the random man in the street how the earth can be rotating at 1,000mph at the equator without us feeling it.

That's what the glass dome model is for - visualisation. You already saw it. You're perfectly capable of recalling that visualisation.
I don't know what this means. None of the glass dome videos on the Wiki show a 24 hour sun going in a circle around Antarctica.
« Last post by Tom Bishop on May 21, 2024, 05:07:00 AM »
It would be nice if more experiments were performed on Antarcica. However, some here will recall the last trip to Antarctica experiment turned out to be a scam perpetuated by the RE'ers organizing it. People paid a lot of money to go and the organization just disappeared with the money.

See this video: CANCELED! Polar Explorer Event Fraud!

In this case for "The Final Experiment" they say that they welcome guests and if you want to go then to contact them to find out how much it will be. There are some rumors that they want $30K or something of that nature.
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on May 21, 2024, 02:22:33 AM »
Or, more likely, they don't and are exposed as grifters.
We already know they're grifters. They've been exposed mutliple times. Nothing changed. What makes this time special? How is a couple of RE'ers embezzling investing $60k going to change anything here? Please, be as specific as you can. I'd be fascinated to learn what the endgame here is!

In the meantime, no matter how much you try to idealise your friends here, they're going to accomplish very little here, other than personally get richer. They're not even swiping at FE.

And I guess the point is who should this bloke have approached?
Earnest FE'ers. There are plenty of them, and plenty of places to find them. Plenty of RE'ers who know where to find them, including some of the ones involved in the "experiment". The reason they chose not to utilise that ability? Well, I already told you my suspicions. I guess you could ask them? :)

Who is the authority in FE?
You keep clinging to this idea that there needs to be an "authority" in an expressly anti-authoritative movement. Demanding to speak to the general manager of anarchists. I can only wish you the best of luck with that, or point out that not all collectives adhere to your colonialist mindset.

Once you get serious about this, you could maybe try a different approach.

You are sneering at YouTube FE'ers, questioning their sincerity. Don't some of them call you "controlled opposition"? It all feels a bit Judean People's Front vs the People's Front of Judea, from the outside.
Does it, though? Are you really that stupid? Or are you just making a point because you think it makes you sound profound? After all, you already repeatedly voiced your opinions on people's sincerity here. Are you really going to pretend it's all up in the air now that it's convenient for you to do so? Do you think you'll be taken seriously if you do that?

Would you like me to start fishing out the stupidest people RE has to offer and pointing out that "welp, it's not like there's an authority on RE, so we should just treat these people as equal to everyone else 🤷‍♀️"? Let's face it - you would be very quick to decry it unfair.

But is a torch a good representation of a sun which shines in all directions?
Yes, once you consider EA and scale.

Is solid glass a reasonable approximation for the atmolayer in terms of the way light through the medium.
Yes, once you consider EA and scale.

And isn't the FE sun inside where the dome is and above and circling the earth - he seems to have to shine the light more from the side to get the effect.
Indeterminate.

In terms of the 24 hour sun at Antarctica, I'm struggling to visualise how that would work.
That's what the glass dome model is for - visualisation. You already saw it. You're perfectly capable of recalling that visualisation.