Christian
11 (19.3%)
None (Atheism)
31 (54.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: What Religion are you?
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2013, 05:37:50 AM »
*HEAVES A SIGH* Oh, very well. I was, after all, just perpetuating ignorance, as EJ called it, in this case, his ignorance of how to write in English that can be understood by anyone other than himself. Well, I guess I'll have to stop feeding the troll, since if I say anything else beyond a steady count of his orthographic errors, it only feeds into his childlike behaviour. Well, I guess that is what I get for engaging a teenager in conversation in the 1st place.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »
Yaakov, do you actually understand what a troll is, or what the rest of us mean when we say that EJ is a troll?  You acknowledge that he's a troll, but at the same time seem to think that he really is as dumb and illiterate as he presents himself to be.  I'm seriously wondering if you've never heard of an Internet troll before, and are simply assuming that it's just a generic term for any stupid person.  It's not.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »
I am aware that a troll is a person of average or better-than-average intelligence who pretends to be otherwise. I'm still not certain whether EJ is a genuine troll or just plain annoying. But it is fun to annoy him in either case.

« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »
He is a troll and you aren't annoying him, rather doing exactly as he wants you to do. 

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #264 on: December 20, 2013, 11:44:15 PM »
The egyptiens are African American

the ancient Egyptians may or may not have been racially African. that was the debate. there's a lack of evidence either way, pre old kingdom inhabitants were racially African but post dynastic Egypt they were not the bit in the middle was what we were debating.
Uh...of corse the ancient egyptiens were African Egypt is in AFRICA !!!
Okay watever African African ::) big dealio

It is quite a big deal to them, if you'd spoken to many Africans, from actual Africa, you'd know. It's fairly offensive, as offensive as referring to me as anglo-american when I'm not. Almost racist.
Im not trying to be ofencive im not rascist in ANY way 101% NOT rascist!!!
12 orthographic errors.
Low content. Youll lern someday yakoov ::)
12 orthographic errors.

This insolence needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this institution with your behavior. You are a complete disgrace.  >:( >:( >:(

Seriously, though, please don't do this. It's as annoying as EJ himself
Ikr thank you tsunami because he is being extremeley rude and anoying. But btw im not flippin anoying dont let my scholereleley inamite you
Tausami's right.  It's low-content posting at its worst and I think you should cut it out, Yaakov.
Exacley thank you roundey. This tis how a mod is suposed to work :)
*HEAVES A SIGH* Oh, very well. I was, after all, just perpetuating ignorance, as EJ called it, in this case, his ignorance of how to write in English that can be understood by anyone other than himself. Well, I guess I'll have to stop feeding the troll, since if I say anything else beyond a steady count of his orthographic errors, it only feeds into his childlike behaviour. Well, I guess that is what I get for engaging a teenager in conversation in the 1st place.
Yakoov how about you stop being such an ignorent tool. My views may be out there to you but you need to except my views rather than acusing me of trolldom. Maybe you should stop being such a troll yakoov. All you ever do is low post!!!
Yaakov, do you actually understand what a troll is, or what the rest of us mean when we say that EJ is a troll?  You acknowledge that he's a troll, but at the same time seem to think that he really is as dumb and illiterate as he presents himself to be.  I'm seriously wondering if you've never heard of an Internet troll before, and are simply assuming that it's just a generic term for any stupid person.  It's not.
Ikr he knows deep down that I am genuine tho he still calls me a troll. lol ;D
I am aware that a troll is a person of average or better-than-average intelligence who pretends to be otherwise. I'm still not certain whether EJ is a genuine troll or just plain annoying. But it is fun to annoy him in either case.
So...you try to anoy me? Well sure looks obvous that YOUR the troll here!!!
He is a troll and you aren't annoying him, rather doing exactly as he wants you to do. 
Im not a troll so how about you lern to stop talking smack bro!!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:59:57 AM by Excelsior John »
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2013, 12:47:14 AM »
Uh...of corse the ancient egyptiens were African Egypt is in AFRICA !!!

So is Libya.

The point is the ancient Egyptians may have been racially different from other Africans, and may in fact have been one of the old Semitic races similar to the Assyrians or Hyksos, or perhaps another entirely.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2013, 03:39:39 AM »
Given that the ancient Egyptians were the direct ancestors of today's Copts, who are a Semitic people (as are Arabs & Jews, although the Jewish thing gets messy), it is pretty clear that the Ancient Egyptians weren't Negroes, any more than the Copts are. They may have been a mixed group, actually, but no one can be sure of that. The ultimate question, what was an Egyptian, may never be known. We know what they were not. They weren't Arabs. They weren't Negroes. They may have been partly Semite. They may have been something that no longer exists today. It will probably always be an open question.

Rama Set

« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2013, 03:45:22 AM »
Given that the ancient Egyptians were the direct ancestors of today's Copts, who are a Semitic people (as are Arabs & Jews, although the Jewish thing gets messy), it is pretty clear that the Ancient Egyptians weren't Negroes, any more than the Copts are. They may have been a mixed group, actually, but no one can be sure of that. The ultimate question, what was an Egyptian, may never be known. We know what they were not. They weren't Arabs. They weren't Negroes. They may have been partly Semite. They may have been something that no longer exists today. It will probably always be an open question.

No one calls them negroes anymore.  You are like a really tragic time traveller.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2013, 03:50:57 AM »
I only used the term because EJ gets offended by the word 'Black', & the term isn't accurate anyway. Australian Aboriginals are black. Some Micronesians are black. There are plenty of black skinned persons in the world who are NOT African, & plenty of Africans who are NOT black. Hence the term 'Negro'. Although not PC, its the only one that works.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #269 on: December 21, 2013, 04:25:10 AM »
Black means black.  It doesn't mean African.  And I don't know what you're talking about with Negro supposedly being "the only one that works."  It's like you think that it's some kind of scientific term.  It's not.  It's literally just the Spanish/Portuguese word for black.  The only real difference between them is that Negro has a racist connotation.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2013, 04:32:35 AM »
Yaakov, do you actually understand what a troll is...

lol, I think Yaakov understands what a troll is, sadaam.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2013, 04:56:52 AM »
I'm well aware that 'Negro' is not a scientifically accurate term. Neither is 'Caucasian'. I am also aware of the Spanish/Portuguese derivation of the word. The concept of 'race' is itself unscientific. Nevertheless, for the purposes of this discussion, I'm obligated to use terms the meaning of which is clear. Please realise I do NOT intend to use them to be racially offensive. That having been said, if someone chooses to be offended, that is their issue, not mine. In this conversation, I use the term 'Negro' to refer to any Black African or Black African American person, but not to other black persons, like Australian Aboriginals. The word 'African' can be used for a person of any colour or ethnicity from Africa. 'African American' will refer to a person of Negro race in America who is often called 'Black'.

Rama Set

« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2013, 05:07:47 AM »
Why can't you say "Black African"?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2013, 05:18:47 AM »
EJ finds the term 'Black' offensive. Besides that, then you have to deal w/ non-Black Africans.

Rama Set

« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2013, 05:20:12 AM »
EJ finds the term 'Black' offensive. Besides that, then you have to deal w/ non-Black Africans.

That was the whole point of your post, that not all Africans are black.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2013, 05:25:22 AM »
Precisely. & this is the only way I can differentiate between between persons from Africa who are black skinned & those who are not w/o offending trolls.

Rama Set

« Reply #276 on: December 21, 2013, 05:31:41 AM »
Precisely. & this is the only way I can differentiate between between persons from Africa who are black skinned & those who are not w/o offending trolls.

Incorrect.

« Reply #277 on: December 21, 2013, 05:33:53 AM »
I think Yaakov is trolling.  There's no logical reason to worry about offending trolls rather than offending sensible people.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #278 on: December 21, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »
Well, if you have a way I can clearly indicate the difference between a Negro & an African of any descent w/o using the word 'Black', do enlighten me.

Rama Set

« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2013, 05:36:37 AM »
As Saddam pointed out you are using the word black from Spanish.  As Alchemist pointed out, there is no logical reason to worry about offending EJ.