31 (54.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
Re: What Religion are you?
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2013, 10:31:28 PM »
57 spelling errors. And the word 'Palestine' was 1st applied by the Romans, in an attenpt to de-Judeaise the Land. It actually applied to the Philistines who were dispossessed of the Land by the Hebrews by order of God. The term 'Palestinian' only started being used as a nationality when Egypt & Jordan gave up their claims to the Gaza Strip & the West Bank in 1976. Before that, the term 'Palestinian' didn't exist. So... & how can 'Gentile' be racist when it doesn't refer to a race, nor is it used by a race?
Hey were not talking about names here were talking about ETHNICITYS. The opresion gave them this name and there just trying to get there homeland back. And whatever gentile is religionist. Happy now buddy ::)
Yaakov, unless you have a short word for ethnic discrimination you will have to accept that people will use racism in its place, and not entirely inappropriately. It is common to include ethnic discrimination in the definition of racism. Get over it.
Ikr!
It should be noted that the terrorist Yassir Arafat went to college in Cairo & served in the Egyptian armed forces. In most cases, serving in a country's military makes you a citizen of that country. Gazans were Egyptian. West Bankers were Jordanian. When those nations surrendered claims to the 2 areas, international law dictated that the residents of those areas be allowed to move into their respective countries of citizenship. Neither Egypt nor Jordan allowed this, rendering those people stateless. Israel would have been w/i rights to deport all of them. The point is that no nation known as Palestine has ever existed, nor does it exist now. It is a geographic designation only, invented by the Romans. 'Palestinians' do not exist. Stateless people exist. That is all.
Okay now your trying to say palestinians dont exist? Wake up and smell the cofee! Go into West Bank and look for yourself and see thousends of palestinians! Like they dont exist what an idiotic thing to say
inb4 he calls you a racist for using the term "black", instead of "African American".
Apparently he's got the idea that all black people are African American, whether they're American or not.
So...you want to call African Americans by a name that has hanted and hurt African Americans for years. You are a rascist and a bigot. And a moron. Musnt forget that
Fine, I won't use the word black. So what term should I use when referring to a non-American person of African descent? A person who has never in his whole life lived in America is NOT an African American.
I dont know african canadein or something?!!
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »
Well, God doesn't change his mind. He declared human sacrifice forbidden.
it's not sacrifice unless it's done to something.

Crucifixion is just killing not sacrifice so that point's irrelevant.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:48 PM »
Okay now your trying to say palestinians dont exist? Wake up and smell the cofee! Go into West Bank and look for yourself and see thousends of palestinians! Like they dont exist what an idiotic thing to say
the one and only difference between a Palestinian and an Egyptian/Jordanian is about 100 yards.

Religiously, ethnically, any -ly you like they are only really differentiated by lines on a map.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2013, 01:43:32 AM »
Those thousands of 'Palestinians' are stateless persons. Egyptians & Jordanians, deprived of their citizenship by those nations. Those nations are to blame for the plight of the Arabs of the Occupied Territories, not Israel, who gained military control over the areas after winning a war started by the Arabs. If Israel were smart, it would annex both areas, as it did w/ the Golan Heights & E. Jerusalem. Even smarter would be to deport every Arab from Greater Israel (Israel plus the Occupied Territories) that won't expressly take an oath of citizenship & loyalty to the State.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2013, 02:49:21 AM »
The death of Jesus on the cross is uniformly re: by Christians as a ransom sacrifice by which men are saved from their sins. If you have questions on that, I invite you to consult w/ Christians.

« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2013, 02:59:26 AM »
Jesus took it upon himself to cleanse the sin of man with his own blood, unlike a lot of human sacrifice where others choose who is sacrificed.  He also took the opportunity through his own death to retrieve the key to Hell to ensure eternal salvation for those who follow him.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2013, 03:04:54 AM »
I understand all that. It gets mixed up w/ him being called God. So God sired himself through the action of the Holy Ghost (also called God) only to sacrifice himself in order to save man from sin, even though God was also man, & he had forbidden human sacrifice in Genesis. Well, alrighty then!

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »
If God is so powerful, then why does he need man to kill man in order to make man uphold his laws?  could he not just smite the offender himself?  He seems kind of lazy.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »
Can god create two hats that are cooler than each other?
The Mastery.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2013, 12:26:42 PM »
The death of Jesus on the cross is uniformly re: by Christians as a ransom sacrifice by which men are saved from their sins. If you have questions on that, I invite you to consult w/ Christians.

from that perspective yes.

From the perspective of the pharisees it was not.

And I invite you to look at the many passages of the old testament when sacrifice of many kinds is mentioned and requested by god.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »
Alright, let me be more precise. God promised the land to Abraham. He made good on that promise when we drove the Canaanites out by divine ordinance. Ergo, the Land passed to us by God's command, which has never been (& will never be) superceded. Anyone else who occupies the Land does so in contravention of God's command. Ergo, the Arabs of the Occupied Territories must be deported, peacefully if possible, by gunpoint if necessary, & Greater Israel must become a fact.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:38:14 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Rama Set

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »
Is there a passage in the Torah that says the Jews cannot choose to live peacefully with others on the Holy Lands?  Or does God require Jews to become malicious, violent war-mongers when others step on the Holy Lands?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2013, 06:07:53 PM »
If God gave the land to the Jews, then why don't they all live there?  Why are you disobeying God's command by not living in Israel? 

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »
In an ideal world, we would all live there. But currently the W. Bank & Gaza are occupied by invading Arabs. Remember that Israel proper is also 22% Arab. After Greater Israel is declared, & the Arab invaders removed, then all 15 million of us might fit! Oscar, what was your last question? Perhaps I missed it?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2013, 02:27:40 PM »
Jews were masters of the Land by right & divine election. It was people that attempted to change that, like Arabs. They came in & squatted on land that was not & is not theirs. As the Jews come back the Arabs must make way for them to reclaim their rightful place.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2013, 02:46:16 PM »
Divine election? That's just something that the Jews believe. That doesn't make it true.
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »
Read the Torah. That makes it true. & I did some checking around today. 9 other people, 8 of them Jews, & 1 Gentile, all classify Jews as an ethnic group. I am pretty sure that any Jew I meet will say the same, as well as most non-Jews. So a group that self-classifies as an ethnic group can't have that designation revoked by someone who isn't part of the group. Its established then, that Jews are an ethnic group that practice Judaism. 'Jewish' is not a religion. 'Judaism' is a religion practiced by Jewish people, just like Catholicism being a religion practiced by Irish people (& many other ethnic groups). What makes Judaism unique is that there is only 1 ethnic group that practices it, namely, Jewish people. The closest would be Shinto, which is only practiced by Japanese people (most of whom are also Buddhist, so the parallel isn't exact). Well. Now that's established... .& notice, I said 'ethnic group', NOT race. 2 different things.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:18:06 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Rama Set

« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
Divine election? That's just something that the Jews believe. That doesn't make it true.

Read the Torah. That makes it true.

This is when a thread should be locked.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »
Incidentally, racially, Jews are like Hispanics, in the sense that they can be white (like Costa Ricans), brown (like most Mexicans), or black (like many Cubans).

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2013, 09:44:30 PM »
Read the Torah. That makes it true.

That is pretty convenient that the Jews wrote a book that states that they have divine right to the land.  Your argument boils down to, essentially, "The Jews say they have divine right, therefore they have divine right."  I'm sure you can understand that nobody rational is going to take this kind of hooey seriously.  If this is your reasoning, then you have no real reasoning.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)