Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Moon shrimp data
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 07:00:44 AM »
The much simpler, more obvious, and fact-based explanation is that China's stat-run news agency prepared the article in advance of the event because they're just the mouthpiece for China's propaganda machine.  Xinhua is run by the Propaganda Department.  Literally.  That's what it's called.  Propaganda machines usually aren't super concerned with journalistic ethics.
'
Great, then we can discount this "moon landing" as additional propaganda and need not discuss the matter further.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 07:10:20 AM »
I havnt seen any Chinese images yet. I hope something is released. They must still be in the photoshop lab.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
There is some stuff

http://www.universetoday.com/107196/chinas-maiden-lunar-rover-yutu-rolls-6-wheels-onto-the-moon-photo-and-video-gallery/

In any case, it's a spectacular display of paranoia watching the FE responses here.

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »
Any information from amateurs who may of tracked it with radios?

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
Is your google broken? Go look for it.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 08:03:05 PM »
You seem to have a better google than mine.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
You seem to have a better google than mine.

That isn't the point of what I said. If you can't find it then other people probably can't either. Since you want to know, then look for it.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »
Maybe you should be more to the point.  Direct even. 

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »
Seriously?

Be... to the point?

What does "go Google it" mean to you?

In modern times that means, "look for it". Does that need an explanation?

I even said "look for it". I couldn't possibly be more direct.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 11:01:29 PM »
You seem angry and mad.  Perhaps lashing out on us will make you feel better.  If so, then please, I will be your whipping post. 

I hope things get better for you, rottingroom.  I will give you any support that I can. 

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 11:31:54 PM »
Whatever dood.

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 09:48:02 PM »
jroa, please tell me what you are trying to insinuate with your signature...
When I was in 2nd grade I knew the Earth was a spheroid.
Almost as good as the Pope vs Hitler..........  :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:51:13 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »

After you had been indoctrinated!

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »

After you had been indoctrinated!

Oh yeah, I forgot that everyone's stupid but you few.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 09:54:36 PM »
Not stupid, merely conditioned to accept RET without zetetically observing it themselves.

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2013, 09:56:01 PM »
Not stupid, merely conditioned to accept RET without zetetically observing it themselves.
I keep an open mind.
My open mind tells me that you are wrong, as do my observations.
Things unaccounted for in your theories such as the effects of Lorentz contraction and special relativity (Which is taken into consideration, but used and applied improperly.) lead me to believe that the UA theory is false.
Direct "zetetic" observations such as the Sun disappearing under the horizon - and the crazy ideas such as moon shrimp - render me to submit to the idea that believing the world is flat is an exercise in lunacy fueled by paranoia and an inability to just trust the data and facts sometimes.
Skepticism is a good thing... Up to a certain point.
You guys cross that point.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:55:02 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »
Welcome to TFES! I'm pleased to see that we're starting to get angry noobs again. First, I encourage you to avoid making assumptions. We all know the saying about what assume does to us. Instead of saying 'You can't explain x', I suggest you instead say 'How do you explain x?'. You might be surprised at how not-insane Flat Earth Theory actually is.

Things unaccounted for in your theories such as the effects of Lorentz contraction and special relativity (Which is taken into consideration, but used and applied improperly.) lead me to believe that the UA theory is false.

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with Special Relativity. You might want to expand on that a bit, but in a different thread. Hijacking threads (which is absolutely what you're doing right now) is frowned upon.

Direct "zetetic" observations such as the Sun disappearing under the horizon - and the crazy ideas such as moon shrimp - render me to submit to the idea that believing the world is flat is an exercise in lunacy fueled by paranoia and an inability to just trust the data and facts sometimes.

Don't worry, the Moon Shramp are an inside joke. Nobody actually believes in them with the possible exception of iwanttobelieve, who appears to be mentally unstable.

The cycling of the Sun is clearly explained by FET. I suggest you read the FAQ. There will be a link to it in my signature within the next five minutes.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2013, 01:44:48 AM »
th3rm0m3t3r0, I am not sure what you are confused about.  If you can tell me what you can not understand, I will try to explain it in more simpler terms.  I am here to help. 

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2013, 04:10:14 AM »
Welcome to TFES! I'm pleased to see that we're starting to get angry noobs again. First, I encourage you to avoid making assumptions. We all know the saying about what assume does to us. Instead of saying 'You can't explain x', I suggest you instead say 'How do you explain x?'. You might be surprised at how not-insane Flat Earth Theory actually is.

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with Special Relativity. You might want to expand on that a bit, but in a different thread. Hijacking threads (which is absolutely what you're doing right now) is frowned upon.

Don't worry, the Moon Shramp are an inside joke. Nobody actually believes in them with the possible exception of iwanttobelieve, who appears to be mentally unstable.

The cycling of the Sun is clearly explained by FET. I suggest you read the FAQ. There will be a link to it in my signature within the next five minutes.

Date Registered: July 21, 2009, 02:44:23 PM
Not an angry noob.
Beside the point.
I suggest reading this for my problem with Lorentz contraction and the UA. http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60351.0#.UsDxFHlMhnw
I'm not talking about the cycle of the Sun.
I'm talking about how it clearly dips below the horizon, and does not "fade out due to a perspective effect".
I'm also glad that the moon shrimp are a joke.  8)
th3rm0m3t3r0, I am not sure what you are confused about.  If you can tell me what you can not understand, I will try to explain it in more simpler terms.  I am here to help.
I understand it, it just doesn't fit.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2013, 04:17:28 AM »

Date Registered: July 21, 2009, 02:44:23 PM
Not an angry noob.
Beside the point.
I suggest reading this for my problem with Lorentz contraction and the UA. http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60351.0#.UsDxFHlMhnw
I'm not talking about the cycle of the Sun.
I'm talking about how it clearly dips below the horizon, and does not "fade out due to a perspective effect".
I'm also glad that the moon shrimp are a joke.  8)
I understand it, it just doesn't fit.

Angry noobdom isn't about when you registered. It's a state of mind.

Anyway, in response to your other thread all of the other stars, galaxies, etc. are evidently in our frame of reference. Otherwise they'd be somewhere behind us by now.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ