What does the government gain from a cover-up?
« on: March 15, 2022, 02:52:51 AM »
Personally, I believe that the earth is a globe and that the science is real but I'm hoping to see the other side. This is my first post here and I created my account to ask this question. I've been watching some videos on "flat-earthism" and it seems like a semi-common belief is that the government is trying to hide that the earth isn't a sphere and is really flat (correct me if I'm wrong). I have been disagreeing with this for a few reasons and one of them is that I don't see anything for the governments of the world to gain. I don't see WHY or HOW the entire world has been covering this up. If you have any theories on this topic, I would love to hear them.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 03:05:47 AM by Copernicus »

Re: What does the government gain from a cover-up?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 09:00:15 AM »
You assume we know what country you are from and so, by implication, which government you are referring to. 

Nevertheless it is a a valid question, which has been posed many times before on this forum.  Opening it up globally makes that even more of a puzzle; what agenda are these counties, all with national space programmes, working to?  Such odd bedfellows as USA, Russia, China and North Korea; India and Pakistan; Israel and Iran? 

All collaborating on perpetuating a myth, apparently.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume