Religion for flat earthers
« on: July 13, 2021, 06:42:52 PM »
This is not really a flat earth question its more of a religious question. here goes:

what religion do you practice are you Muslim? Christian? Buddhist? Hinduism?

what exactly do you believe in? 

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Religion for flat earthers
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 08:27:49 PM »
The flat earth movement has always demonstrated a strong Deist movement. The reasons as to why are in many other threads already on this site but theories such as the clockwork universe are a good starting point for your understanding.

We've polled this many many times over the years and flat earthers are overwhelmingly Deists above any other denomination on our forum. Round earthers that visit this site are overwhelmingly atheist. God will roast them over an open fire eventually though, so they have it coming to them.  >:(

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 08:30:13 PM »
We've polled this many many times over the years and flat earthers are overwhelmingly Deists above any other denomination on our forum.
Have we? I don't recall one such poll.

Most FEers I've spoken to on the subject are atheists or agnostics, as am I. But that admittedly isn't many, because I don't consider it very important.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 10:08:25 PM »
Indeed. As per the FAQ, and contrary to Thork's unqualified answer, the FES and FET is not affiliated with any religion.

Whenever a poll is run on this subject, the results are generally pointing towards non-religious worldviews, e.g.:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 10:30:38 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

SteveRossi1216

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 01:15:10 PM »
Strong second on the Deist movement, Bib as written probably (ahh yahhh) modified etc.
Been locating buried pyramids locally courtesy of our government, check overhead Google maps
of your local "land fill" right near your local river bend. Fallen S hard at work.

Offline scomato

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 05:11:10 PM »
Prominent and powerful Flat Earthers have typically been motivated by the Bible. For example, this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilbur_Glenn_Voliva
Rowbotham was a super Christian and was motivated by proving the Bible true by proving Flat Earth true.

Christianity and Flat Earth theory are pretty much intrinsically connected, athiest Flat Earthers are probably in the minority.

If you're an athiest and if you have any formal education at all, you likely believe in the natural, emergentist structure of reality (ie. quarks < atoms < molecules < proteins < cells < complex life < psychology < sociology < ...) and of the cosmos (moons < planets < stars < solar neighborhoods < galaxies < galaxy clusters < supercluster filaments)

Flat Earth doesn't exactly fit in with the emergentist view of the universe at all.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 05:19:32 PM »
Says the round-Earther, citing the state of affairs from 100-200 years ago, talking over actual FE'ers who are trying to answer OP's question. Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask you not to make authoritative statements on subjects you have no understanding of.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:30:32 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 03:24:43 AM »
The flat earth movement has always demonstrated a strong Deist movement. The reasons as to why are in many other threads already on this site but theories such as the clockwork universe are a good starting point for your understanding.

We've polled this many many times over the years and flat earthers are overwhelmingly Deists above any other denomination on our forum. Round earthers that visit this site are overwhelmingly atheist. God will roast them over an open fire eventually though, so they have it coming to them.  >:(

I can understand why many flat earthers  are deist is mainly because of religion; Religion is used to control the masses; religion is prevents you for even thinking/ using common sense. flat earth is the truth. Flat earth proves the existence of God. The global earth theory does not where is heaven in global earth? Only few pastors know the earth is flat. Some Christians have heard of the flat earth theory but few except it. as the bible says " The wider gate leads to destruction but the narrow gate leads to truth. Christians who have heard of the good gospel of the flat earth theory but do not except the narrow truth they will burn in hell with the atheist and the snake.

Now that I think about it Christians who believe that the earth is a globe the lord most high will burn them in the deeps of Hell; the ignorance is preventing them from reading the first words that came out of the word ( genesis 1:1-7) May the most high have mercy on his people and reveal to them his prophetic revelation of the flat earth theory may they cast and forsake the globe earth theory may they repent may the most high help them repent and forsake and abandon sin and being and read his word so that they believe in what he says so that they may believe in his word that the earth is flat.

I have come to the realization that religion is a tool that the children of the widowed ( isis ) use to control the masses; the lord saw that it is Good that I may remain a deist, and deist it shall be for now.

LOL

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 06:27:25 AM »
I'm a "Traditional" Catholic, that's a Catholic who practices and believes as Catholics did before the 1970s. There was a real upheaval in the Church at that time. The Church totally caved to Communism and all the "isms", and many Catholics rejected those changes.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 04:32:06 PM »
I'm a "Traditional" Catholic, that's a Catholic who practices and believes as Catholics did before the 1970s. There was a real upheaval in the Church at that time. The Church totally caved to Communism and all the "isms", and many Catholics rejected those changes.
So what you are saying is that you like church and that you aren't keen on homosexuals. Did I miss anything?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2022, 04:58:58 AM »

Hiya Doc,
I really don’t want to come across as confrontational but I felt compelled to respond to your augment, in the interests of transparency I am a practising Christian and round earth proponent, here to research the FE movement with a view to writing an article with an open mind. I honestly believe that my god is a good of freedom and love who doesn’t care whom you love (within legal limits) and who forgives much easier than they punish.

If you don’t mind my asking, why would a kind, benevolent and most of all forgiving god damn a person for something as easy to believe as globe earth?

Why would a round earth be fundamentally blasphemous? I don’t seem to recall a passage that refers to the earth as being flat.

Cheers
RBD

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2022, 07:51:56 AM »

Hiya Doc,
I really don’t want to come across as confrontational but I felt compelled to respond to your augment, in the interests of transparency I am a practising Christian and round earth proponent, here to research the FE movement with a view to writing an article with an open mind. I honestly believe that my god is a good of freedom and love who doesn’t care whom you love (within legal limits) and who forgives much easier than they punish.

If you don’t mind my asking, why would a kind, benevolent and most of all forgiving god damn a person for something as easy to believe as globe earth?

Why would a round earth be fundamentally blasphemous? I don’t seem to recall a passage that refers to the earth as being flat.

Cheers
RBD

Because they tend to be atheists. You're probably good though.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2022, 04:31:12 PM »
Because they tend to be atheists. You're probably good though.

Thanks, ese you seem like a bloody good bloke as well :)