Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Tool Set
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »
Or is that too much to hope for from the management?  ::)
You may have missed that (although I'd be surprised, given that you were involved in the discussion), but forum staff are held to the same standards as any other poster, not higher.
How does a one word reply like "nope" not qualify as low content posting?

As an administrator, you are free to meet whatever standard you feel is best for this site.  It just saddens me that you choose one that is so low.

Perhaps if you were to reply with meaningful responses, rather than with vague, one word answers, then there might not be so much confusion and the discussion could proceed in a productive manner.
I'm very sorry that you feel that way. My post was pretty clear, and if you don't know what "nope" means, well, that's your problem, not mine.
That is just the sort of response that I would expect from someone who has no interest in participating in a productive discussion. 

Yes, I understand what the word "nope" means.  What I don't understand is how it clarifies your position or adds any value to the discussion.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:09:22 PM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Thork

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2014, 07:10:33 PM »
Or is that too much to hope for from the management?  ::)
You may have missed that (although I'd be surprised, given that you were involved in the discussion), but forum staff are held to the same standards as any other poster, not higher.

As an administrator, you are free to meet whatever standard you feel is best for this site.  It just saddens me that you choose one that is so low.

Perhaps if you were to reply with meaningful responses, rather than with vague, one word answers, then there might not be so much confusion and the discussion could proceed in a productive manner.
I'm very sorry that you feel that way. My post was pretty clear, and if you don't know what "nope" means, well, that's your problem, not mine.
That is just the sort of response that I would expect from someone who has no interest in participating in a productive discussion. 

Yes, I understand what the word "nope" means.  What I don't understand is how it clarifies your position or adds any value to the discussion.
This isn't S&C. Get out of my Tool thread. >:(

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2014, 12:17:05 AM »
Irrelevant.

This isn't S&C. Get out of my Tool thread. >:(
Yes, markjo, please stop derailing threads.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume