Re: Flat Continents
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 11:24:42 PM »
I am impressed, I didn't think you would get this far.

Since SCEL (Santiago) does not have many direct flights, try using Sao Paulo instead. It has direct flights to Los Angeles, New York, London, Madrid, and Johannesburg.

I am also interested in how these two cities fit on your map:
- Mexico City (direct flights to Los Angeles, New York, London, Madrid, Santiago, Sao Paulo)
- Cairo (direct flights to London, Madrid, New York, Johannesburg, Beijing, Istanbul)

Good Luck :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:27:48 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

İntikam

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 07:47:07 PM »
I am impressed, I didn't think you would get this far.

Since SCEL (Santiago) does not have many direct flights, try using Sao Paulo instead. It has direct flights to Los Angeles, New York, London, Madrid, and Johannesburg.

I am also interested in how these two cities fit on your map:
- Mexico City (direct flights to Los Angeles, New York, London, Madrid, Santiago, Sao Paulo)
- Cairo (direct flights to London, Madrid, New York, Johannesburg, Beijing, Istanbul)

Good Luck :)

I choose SCEL (Santiago) instead of Sao Paolo or Rio de Janeiro, because most of Australian using for a disprove flat earth with travelling Santiago with short travel times. Becase most of flat maps showing South America far away to Australia. It was important to show Australia and South America how near on same map side.

There is no any fly from Sao Paolo to Sydney direct or indirect flights. There is only one flight from Sao Paolo to Melbourne but it is indirect that stands one stop on USA. How interesting. :)

To show how much kilometres from Australia to South Africa i must use Santiago for this reason.

The most interesting situation on the map is America looks like reverse to google map. This situation arising from the perspective.  Probably nobody tried this location for LA and NY. :)

When i working on the map i'm developing new methods to decrease mistakes to minimum. For example at the beginning i was started with a coefficient effect to flight times and got this values as true. But after that i was see that some routes are wrong. If one route is wrong, this causes all of the map wrong. For this reason i learned the method as "range error". This method decreasing most of the errors. For example if a route with best fly distance as 2.000 kms, i'm getting it a value changing from 1.900 kms to 2.100 kms. This value Letting pilots do %5 mistake. the actual value is calculated in comparison with other distances. This method actually a few complicated but now i'm thinking as a 4 transactions on mathemathic.  :)

I'm working on different positions and trying to find the best . so far I have not found a better map yet.

I'll look your selected cities for distances.

İntikam

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 10:25:40 PM »
Take care about Russia isn't neighbour to Canada. If they are neighbours, Russians was occupied Canada and the continent of America since tousend of years. So America continent is far away to Asia in my opinion. There is only  one connection. But i'm not sure the position of the cities on America.

Don't forget this is just a preliminary study. I'm trying about 1 try per day for a better a different model.

Another idea is that: Using flying times instead of flying distances. Sometimes far distances spends shorter times than flying time for fewer distances. This shows the sites using Navigation data instead of plane's data. So it is more effective to use flying time instead of  flying distances.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:45:16 AM by İntikam »

İntikam

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 11:39:32 PM »
City  /   City /   Planned /   on map
Mexico City    Los Angeles   2503   2498
Mexico City           New York   3369   3385
Mexico City    London   8900   8509
Mexico City    Madrid   9100   7199
Mexico City    Scel    6600   5185

City  /   City /   Planned /   on map
cairo   London   3659   4261
cairo   Madrid   3354   3045
cairo   New York   9026   6930
cairo   Johannesburg   6272   7757
cairo   Beijing    7541   3874
cairo   Istanbul   1231   2193

There is a problem distances of  Cairo to Johannesburg and Beijing. I was currently thinking about Johannesburg must a bit on the North.

Don't forget this is just a preliminary study. So we don't need the trust this map yet. I'm still working on it. To asking questions about map doing my job harder.

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 06:46:02 AM »
Don't forget this is just a preliminary study. So we don't need the trust this map yet. I'm still working on it. To asking questions about map doing my job harder.

I know it is not done. I just wanted to point out potential problems. Sometimes it is better to know potential problems as early as possible.

I'll leave you alone to work on it. Have fun.

İntikam

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 07:04:32 AM »

I know it is not done. I just wanted to point out potential problems. Sometimes it is better to know potential problems as early as possible.

I'll leave you alone to work on it. Have fun.

Asking about Hawai was more effective .  :)

Now i'm thinking to change the position of LA and NY but I haven't totally decided. and I'm not sure is better.

Another problem is about Qantas.  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:21:24 AM by İntikam »

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »
So.... did you give up? If constructing a flat-earth map is impossible, you should probably let the rest of the flat-earth community know :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:00:51 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 04:00:18 AM »
So.... did you give up? If constructing a flat-earth map is impossible, you should probably let the rest of the flat-earth community know :)
I think he's ignoring you, hang on, I'll ask him.
Wait... no can do. I'm being ignored too :(

I must say that I was super psyched to see his map. Guess he's just adding the finishing touches.

İntikam

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 10:43:38 AM »
There is 2 reply but ignored. Anyway.

I want to tell why i don't continue this issue. I'm too bussy at these months. To working on this issue is different then others because it is need to open Autocad program. Its spend more time and CPU for working. And when my chief come here, can see i'm working on Autocad that these days i don't need to use. This is not true to do that. But the other issues i can continue because when my chief asking me what am i doing i'm telling that i'm surfing on the internet, it is not a problem for us. But using Autocad for FE theory is a problem.

Another reason is as we see that the flat map is usually about same with the map that famous flat earth map. So it is probably will end with same map like this:

Yes i'll finish my map at a day but it's not really needed to by immedietly.

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 07:37:34 PM »
Our work will be hard because:
The "Asia" Globe earth map is clearly wrong.
The map is wrong so the pilots often are going to the wrong way.
Perhaps this explains the Spratley Islands dispute. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

İntikam

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 06:12:46 AM »

It is possible.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 12:43:11 PM »

It is possible.

No, it isn't.  Over half of the supertanker traffic by tonnage of the ENTIRE WORLD passes through the South China Sea in any given year.  If ever there was a place on the globe where accurate mapping was of economic interest, this is the place.  The maps are accurate.  The conflicts are not caused by mapping errors or falsehoods, they are caused by belligerent nations all wanting to lay claim to natural resources.  As has been the story throughout human history.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »
The maps are accurate.
Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 04:59:18 PM »
The maps are accurate.
Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim?

My claim is not outlandish.  It is perfectly reasonable to consider the fact that we do not lose millions of tons of ocean cargo a year as proof that the ships which rely on the maps find them to be accurate.  It IS outlandish to expect safe navigation of half the world's ocean going cargo every year, if they were sailing based on incorrect maps.
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 01:28:06 PM »
My claim is not outlandish.  It is perfectly reasonable
I take it that your answer to my question is "no". Thank you for clarifying.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2016, 08:16:29 PM »
My claim is not outlandish.  It is perfectly reasonable
I take it that your answer to my question is "no". Thank you for clarifying.
Your interpretation of my reply is outlandish, that's for sure.

Consider the following: there is a very short list of vessels that have been lost at sea since 1800.  A very, VERY short list.  Even including those vessels which were clearly lost during wartime (a bunch of U-boats, for example) you still have only 64 ships lost on the high seas.  I wanted to compare this to the number of ocean voyages undertaken every year, but the closest statistic I could find was the size of the many and varied shipping fleets, which number 1880 ships as of 2016.  That's the currently active inventory; over the year there have been many multiples of that number which have made at least one ocean voyage, and it will be a rare ship indeed that makes ONLY one voyage.  So over hundreds of years, with thousands of vessels active in any given year, each of them making probably a dozen voyages a year, we've lost fewer than 100.  EVER.  This record of successful ocean crossings is incompatible with the contention that these voyages were undertaken with incorrect maps.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 04:01:56 PM »
the contention that these voyages were undertaken with incorrect maps.
Do you know of anyone who claims that RE-based projections cannot successfully be used for navigation? I sure ain't one of them (generously assuming they even exist), and your response has nothing to do with my question. Sounds like my original interpretation was correct.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2016, 01:02:40 AM »
the contention that these voyages were undertaken with incorrect maps.
Do you know of anyone who claims that RE-based projections cannot successfully be used for navigation? I sure ain't one of them (generously assuming they even exist), and your response has nothing to do with my question. Sounds like my original interpretation was correct.
This all seems more like "debate" or "Pure Nonsense". Surely İntikam's material is hardly fit for the Flat Earth Information Repository - not my problem, still here goes:

First minor point.
          As Junker and others have pointed out your earth is round, so you are the round earthers. We are the Globe Earthers - I know a lot on both sides mix them up.

Then the rest seems to be based on very strange logic!
All western navigation since maybe the 1700's has been based on projections of the Globe.

As far as I know, no flat earth maps are ever used for recent navigation, especially for intercontinental routes.

Whether or not the charts based on projections of the Globe are perfectly accurate, they are all we have.
So until you can show evidence of inaccuracies in any navigation charts that are related to the earth being a Globe,
          we can take it that navigation charts based on projections of the Globe are accurate.

Of course, there would be a few insurmountable problems with creating navigation charts based on the Flat Earth map!
                                        No-one knows what the Flat Earth map is!
Most seem to accept the "Ice-wall" map, but
         Tom Bishop claims to support the "Bi-Polar map",
         JRoweskeptic has his Dual earth "Map", with no details, and who knows what else.

And no-one has any Flat Earth map with anywhere enough detail to even find any city in Australia! And don't show me "Gleason's Map" - that is also a projection of the globe.

It's no wonder few take the idea of a Flat Earth seriously when even Flat Earthers themselves can't decide on the shape of the earth.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2016, 05:38:50 AM »
Do you know of anyone who claims that RE-based projections cannot successfully be used for navigation? I sure ain't one of them

Ok, so if the RE-based projections can be used for navigation, what then is outlandish about my claim that "the maps are accurate"?  Navigation is the purpose of a map, and successful navigation is as good a proof of accuracy as there is, maybe the ONLY proof there is.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2016, 11:19:10 AM »
Ok, so if the RE-based projections can be used for navigation, what then is outlandish about my claim that "the maps are accurate"?
Things that can be used for a certain purpose aren't necessarily accurate. That's pretty much the core principle of engineering.

Navigation is the purpose of a map
Says who? Different maps have different purposes.

and successful navigation is as good a proof of accuracy as there is, maybe the ONLY proof there is.
Well, if we accept this as true (which I categorically don't, but let's humour you), then RE and FE maps are equally accurate.