« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 02:03:38 AM »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
Re: Robin Williams Suicide
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 03:51:41 AM »
such hilarious meme react
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 03:57:32 AM »
I don't get it.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 04:25:35 AM »
I don't get it.

His daughter is named Zelda. She is good. You may now post a funi reaction mene
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 04:29:26 AM »
I don't get it.

Evidence that no one reads my posts.

Wait that was a different thread my bad

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 04:36:04 AM »
Today is a sad day. Apparently Robin Williams had been undergoing depression and has committed suicide this morning via asphyxiation. It is unclear how or why.

Incorrect.

asphyxiation

depression

Today we found out how he asphyxiated himself and why he was depressed.

Robin Williams decided that he would rather hang himself with a belt than make Mrs. Doubtfire 2.

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 05:12:57 AM »
I don't get it.

4chan is too smart for you

Thork

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:58 AM »
Quote from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-28767188
The Daily Star argues that the word "genius" can be used far too flippantly but adds: "Robin Williams's talents as a comedian and an actor definitely justify the term."
ffs.

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 09:48:56 AM »
I don't think he was a genius but he was certainly very talented.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »
I think it is dragging out a bit on facebook. He was a huge part of my childhood and I'm sad he died but I'm not grieving as if he were a loved one, yet my facebook feed is still all about Robin.

Thork

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »
I think it is dragging out a bit on facebook. He was a huge part of my childhood and I'm sad he died but I'm not grieving as if he were a loved one, yet my facebook feed is still all about Robin.
Ahhh, emotional fatigue sets in. Bearing in mind that in the UK we get out of bed 5-9 hours before you, I have been having condolence messages on social media for longer and felt this when the news was probably still fresh for Americans. Yes, Robin Williams dying has become an internet thing, and its not going to go away in a hurry. Its a sad story but reaction hasn't been measured.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:14 PM »
Bearing in mind that in the UK we get out of bed 5-9 hours before you, I have been having condolence messages on social media for longer and felt this when the news was probably still fresh for Americans. Yes, Robin Williams dying has become an internet thing, and its not going to go away in a hurry. Its a sad story but reaction hasn't been measured.
So that's how time works! You are literally living in the future, how cool.

Thork

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 01:10:05 PM »
I'm going to assume you don't read your social media and read the news whilst you are asleep. I found out about Robin Williams at about 7am. That would be 2am Eastern Tennessee, 1am Western. 5-6 hours of heartbroken memes later, America wakes up, finds out and gets all sensitive about it.

Rama Set

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 01:43:57 PM »
ITT: Thork's emotional load from William's death is more important than the death itself.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 01:49:02 PM »
I'm going to assume you don't read your social media and read the news whilst you are asleep. I found out about Robin Williams at about 7am. That would be 2am Eastern Tennessee, 1am Western. 5-6 hours of heartbroken memes later, America wakes up, finds out and gets all sensitive about it.
You do realize that America found out Monday afternoon, right? His body was found 11:55 am Pacific on Monday.

Thork

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »
You do realize that America found out Monday afternoon, right? His body was found 11:55 am Pacific on Monday.
So why am I still being bombarded with sentiment? Its Wednesday!

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »
Time Traveler Thork

Someone make a TV show out of this.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 06:34:47 PM »
So why am I still being bombarded with sentiment? Its Wednesday!
Perhaps some people are more sentimental than you.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »
Thork is dumb, Robin Williams was great, Franklin still kicks ass.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
I was thinking about it and I've come to the decision that Robin Williams wasn't a clinically depressed clown with mental issues, as he is being portrayed in the press.

According to the nydailynews link on the previous page he had serious financial issues, which I take to mean that he owed a lot of money to wives/bank. He had recently stated that he had to put his home up for sale. They were coming after his assets and his only way out was to continue with his film making. When he tried doing his own original sitcom it was canceled after a short time by ABC. The big studios were only willing to pay him a paycheck if he played in the roles they wanted him in and returned to sequels promote their properties - ie. Night at the Museum 3 and Mrs. Doubtfire 2. The only problem is that Robin was a person who had great passion for his work and always said publicly that would only do a sequel if he felt it would be as good as or better than the original. In a recent late night interview when the host mentioned the Mrs. Doubtfire sequel the crowed cheered wildly and Robin Williams just gave a grim disappointed look and said it wasn't something he was looking forward to.

At the age of 63 he couldn't simply switch careers from something he had done all his life. He would have to compromise his artistic integrity to keep his head above water.

Having been married several times, with all the cheating and lawsuits, he was clearly having companionship issues.  According to that same link he spent very little time with his children as they grew up, always away doing his acting, probably more a figure coming in and out of their lives than a father. He named his daughter after a video game character, which she resented for a long time.

Robin William's finances were in shambles, his assets were being seized, his love life was non-existant, his relationship with his kids was negligible, his career was heading off a cliff, and he was being forced  to make unwanted sequels and dress up as a woman for the entertainment of others. Unloved and at a dead end in life, I think that would be the end of the line for a lot of people.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:29:23 PM by Tom Bishop »