totallackey

Re: With Zetetic method, what pictures are Real vs. Fake
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2020, 11:52:39 AM »
I said they are evidence of a lie.
It's not if they're admitting it, is it? :)
Not to most of the general populace who accept most everything in life with no questions whatsoever...

To me, an obvious lie...

Offline BRrollin

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2020, 11:57:37 AM »
Can you give any links to the records of NASA personnel stating this photo tampering? That would be very interesting.
https://qz.com/192700/the-guy-who-created-iphones-earth-image-explains-why-he-needed-to-fake-it/

From reading the article, it doesn’t seem like this is an example of what I asked for.

“The problem, Simmon said, is all the NASA earth-observing satellites are in low-earth or geostationary orbit, meaning none of them are far enough away to see a full hemisphere. The most familiar pictures of the entire Earth are from the 1960s and 1970s Apollo missions to the moon.”

“As realistic as it looks, the image is a composite of four months of light data collected in 2,300 km (1,429 mi) wide bands as NASA’s Terra satellite orbited from pole to pole, and the earth rotated beneath it.

That data was then stitched together and applied to the surface of a digital ball, then modified in Photoshop.”

So the image is a composite image of multiple satellite images put together and made to look pretty for an iPhone background.

I’m okay with that, because you are claiming that Records exist which support your claim that round earth is faked. But this article supports the opposite.
“This just shows that you don't even understand the basic principle of UA...A projectile that goes up and then down again to an observer on Earth is not accelerating, it is the observer on Earth who accelerates.”

- Parsifal

“I hang out with sane people.”

- totallackey

totallackey

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2020, 12:06:07 PM »
Can you give any links to the records of NASA personnel stating this photo tampering? That would be very interesting.
https://qz.com/192700/the-guy-who-created-iphones-earth-image-explains-why-he-needed-to-fake-it/

From reading the article, it doesn’t seem like this is an example of what I asked for.

“The problem, Simmon said, is all the NASA earth-observing satellites are in low-earth or geostationary orbit, meaning none of them are far enough away to see a full hemisphere. The most familiar pictures of the entire Earth are from the 1960s and 1970s Apollo missions to the moon.”

“As realistic as it looks, the image is a composite of four months of light data collected in 2,300 km (1,429 mi) wide bands as NASA’s Terra satellite orbited from pole to pole, and the earth rotated beneath it.

That data was then stitched together and applied to the surface of a digital ball, then modified in Photoshop.”

So the image is a composite image of multiple satellite images put together and made to look pretty for an iPhone background.

I’m okay with that, because you are claiming that Records exist which support your claim that round earth is faked. But this article supports the opposite.
I know you are okay with claiming you never asked for something you asked for.

But your quote is obvious to see...and you directly asked for what I provided.

This is what you asked for:
"Can you give any links to the records of NASA personnel stating this photo tampering..."
Thank you for your continued disingenuous approach to the whole topic.

Have a great day and best of everything to you and yours!

Offline BRrollin

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »

I know you are okay with claiming you never asked for something you asked for.

But your quote is obvious to see...and you directly asked for what I provided.

This is what you asked for:
"Can you give any links to the records of NASA personnel stating this photo tampering..."
Thank you for your continued disingenuous approach to the whole topic.

Have a great day and best of everything to you and yours!

Okay, you too!
“This just shows that you don't even understand the basic principle of UA...A projectile that goes up and then down again to an observer on Earth is not accelerating, it is the observer on Earth who accelerates.”

- Parsifal

- totallackey

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2020, 02:10:31 PM »
It's not a special theory you can just separate from everything else.  It's round, or EVERYTHING is wrong. Science didn't create gravity just to explain why the earth was round. "Matter attracts itself" naturally mean large things form a sphere. There's no conspiracy.
Again, your version of how to put together a horse with a cart is obviously:

...wrong...

This sums up your entire argument.

I'm beginning to think, just as with your failure to understand what a thought experiment is, that analogies are also something that confuses you. Whenever I take time to try and explain a concept, the result is always a simple "WRONG" or a funny picture, or completely missing the point.

In this case you literally got the exact opposite of what I was saying here. You are the one claiming the earth is flat, and will accept no evidence or consider any alternatives because you KNOW you are right and so everything else must be a lie. You have said so many times.

I think you might have a serious case of projection here, as you keep claiming science is all built around the big lie of a round earth, which is the polar opposite of how it works in reality. But I'm not sure how I can explain that to you if you reject everything without reading it.

totallackey

« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2020, 02:23:07 PM »
It's not a special theory you can just separate from everything else.  It's round, or EVERYTHING is wrong. Science didn't create gravity just to explain why the earth was round. "Matter attracts itself" naturally mean large things form a sphere. There's no conspiracy.
Again, your version of how to put together a horse with a cart is obviously:

...wrong...

This sums up your entire argument.

I'm beginning to think, just as with your failure to understand what a thought experiment is, that analogies are also something that confuses you. Whenever I take time to try and explain a concept, the result is always a simple "WRONG" or a funny picture, or completely missing the point.

In this case you literally got the exact opposite of what I was saying here. You are the one claiming the earth is flat, and will accept no evidence or consider any alternatives because you KNOW you are right and so everything else must be a lie. You have said so many times.

I think you might have a serious case of projection here, as you keep claiming science is all built around the big lie of a round earth, which is the polar opposite of how it works in reality. But I'm not sure how I can explain that to you if you reject everything without reading it.
Again...trying to tell me I am the one with the case of projection...

Laughable...simply laughable...

You write the following statement you make: "The Earth is ROUND or everything else is WRONG," is not projection...

Sorry dude...

I have considered the other evidence and found it lacking...

Due to specific instances I have pointed to...in numerous threads...

Get a grip on your argumentation...it is hardly worth responding to anymore.

Not that it was to begin with.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:24:56 PM by totallackey »

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2020, 02:50:04 PM »
This is not an example of a photo of a flat earth being made to look like a globe and NASA aren't hiding anything here... It's an example of NASA making a composite and telling us so. What about the images they claim are photos and videos of an actual globe earth? I mean come on, I can point to a CGI representation of the globe where they've said it's just a cgi representation and say "it's not a real photo", it doesn't mean real photos are fakes too.

So far you've only given evidence of NASA telling what you think is the truth while saying you don't trust them to tell the truth. *facepalm*
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

totallackey

« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2020, 02:58:35 PM »
This is not an example of a photo of a flat earth being made to look like a globe and NASA aren't hiding anything here...
Uh..yes it is...it is exactly that...The guy admits he stitched flat data and applied it to a ball.

Offline BRrollin

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2020, 03:19:43 PM »
This is not an example of a photo of a flat earth being made to look like a globe and NASA aren't hiding anything here...
Uh..yes it is...it is exactly that...The guy admits he stitched flat data and applied it to a ball.

No he doesn’t say that. Please provide a quote from the article to support your claim.

- Parsifal

- totallackey

totallackey

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2020, 03:21:05 PM »

No he doesn’t say that. Please provide a quote from the article to support your claim.
Please provide an example of round data being emitted from any imaging device.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2020, 03:33:54 PM »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasacommons/5052744618

totallackey

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2020, 03:40:04 PM »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasacommons/5052744618

Funny...I am looking at a flat screen...with flat images...

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2020, 03:51:20 PM »
You make like: "The Earth is ROUND or everything else is is wrong," yet I am the one one with the case of projection...

Sorry dude...

You still do not understand.

What I said is true, and a lot of Flat Earthers agree as well. 

If the Earth is Flat, then Newtons theory of gravity has to be completely wrong.  Einstein has to be completely wrong. Electromagnetic theories of light and radio have to be wrong.  All of astronomy has to be wrong.  Anything to do with mapping the earth has to be wrong. Geology has to be wrong. Migration of birds across the globe has to be wrong.

So yes, if the earth is not ROUND than almost all of science has to be wrong.

Now, you can still believe it's flat, but you have to reject all of science too.  There is no "Round Earth Theory" you can just simply reject.

It's like saying math is right EXCEPT that 5+5 is actually 11. If you reject the roundness of the earth, you have to reject everything that points to it.  Which is everything.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »
Again, a stupid argument. I can't help you here. it's quite clear I made sure to pick the images for 2 reasons, the first being they are from NASA and in this case, NASA is claiming these are actual photos and secondly, because they all quite clearly show via movement or via lighting to be a spinning spheroid. If you cannot perceive 3D objects I feel sorry for you, otherwise I'm assuming now, like every other time you attempt debating, you're just trolling.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2020, 04:51:47 PM »

Wow, look, a flat human. I wonder how he plans to eat that with his two-dimensional mouth. Probably going to starve.

Do you really look at this and think he is flat because he's on a flat screen?

Yet a photo of a spinning ball is not a ball because your computer display is flat? Seriously? That's pretty impressive levels of denial.

Offline BRrollin

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2020, 07:32:22 PM »

Sure! But you first, that’s only fair.

- Parsifal

- totallackey

totallackey

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2020, 09:51:23 AM »
Again, a stupid argument. I can't help you here. it's quite clear I made sure to pick the images for 2 reasons, the first being they are from NASA and in this case, NASA is claiming these are actual photos and secondly, because they all quite clearly show via movement or via lighting to be a spinning spheroid. If you cannot perceive 3D objects I feel sorry for you, otherwise I'm assuming now, like every other time you attempt debating, you're just trolling.
How do you perceive 3D via 2D?

Laughable.

I can put a bunch of drawings on paper, compile them, and then watch them move too...

And it is still flat paper.

You are entitled to your feelings about my points...

C'ya...

totallackey

« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2020, 09:54:06 AM »

Wow, look, a flat human. I wonder how he plans to eat that with his two-dimensional mouth. Probably going to starve.

Yet a photo of a spinning ball is not a ball because your computer display is flat? Seriously? That's pretty impressive levels of denial.
Denial of what?

That an image has been faked?

Or imaging devices do not emit round data?

Showing me a picture of an earthbound object I have encountered...again, strawman...
By the way, there is an imaging device capable of producing spherical data...it's called a 3D printer...

Are you going to tell everyone there is one those attached to the satellite?

I cannot show you the data produced by a 3D printer here...

You'll need to go look at it yourself.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:45:10 AM by totallackey »

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »
[redacted comment using an example related politics, which as Totallackey points out is something that can offend, and it's not really related to this topic so I apologise]

We aren't talking about 3D printing (which has nothing to do with photos, that's a method of printing a 3D model) and there are such things as sensors that show 3D information in an image, one such things being lidar (which happens to be on some NASA satellites I think but I digress). In the end we can form heightmaps too in similar ways. Almost any sensor that emits and detects the bounce is what you could say, a form of 3D detection. radars kind of work in similar ways which people can use to determine the distance to the moon too. In effect what you would do to form 3d information is detecting multiple areas of an object and mapping that to an image, maybe in the form of a heightmap image.

You also have photogrammetry, which is a method of capturing an object or area in full 3D using just photos at multiple angles. It's incredibly accurate. Take a look at the Megascans library, it's quite impressive stuff (or at least in my opinion). https://quixel.com/megascans/home?category=3D%20asset

EDIT: since Totallackey won't reply to any of my comments here I will just assume he cannot refute anything I say. He can use whatever excuse he wants to simply ignore me but if he won't/can't counter my points, he's simply giving up and losing the debate.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:51:27 AM by ChrisTP »

Offline BRrollin

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »

Denial of what?

That an image has been faked?

Or imaging devices do not emit round data?

Showing me a picture of an earthbound object I have encountered...again, strawman...
By the way, there is an imaging device capable of producing spherical data...it's called a 3D printer...

Are you going to tell everyone there is one those attached to the satellite?

I cannot show you the data produced by a 3D printer here...

You'll need to go look at it yourself.

Oh I see, you think that 3D data actually has to be a 3 dimensional object. Wow. No wonder this is confusing, you haven’t learned what data is.

3D printers don’t print “data.” They print Data, an AI character from Star Trek the Next Generation, that’s why those words are the same. Just kidding, but your reasoning is just like this.

- Parsifal

- totallackey