Is the dome around earth even real?
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »
I've seen couple clips how light behaves around sun and distant stars and also a clip of rocket hitting an object around 50 miles up. I have also heard stories of planes crashing in some sort wall. I'm generally confused.

What are your thoughts? Let me hear
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 10:06:10 PM by NoMad98 »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Is the dome around earth even real?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 02:37:23 AM »
I don't put any stock in it.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 07:14:57 AM »
The only time aircraft have smashed into walls are when they crash into terrain they didn't see. Mountains, cliffs and the like.

That rocket didn't hit anything anywhere up. It deployed a de-spinning device. If it had hit a "dome" it would have been smashed to bits and not continue recording video much after it supposedly hit the "dome"

Most of those videos about how light behaves around stars and the sun are mostly poorly focused shots. Properly focusing the telescope or camera would show what these bodies really look like.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 02:41:55 AM »
Some flat earth theorists believe in a physical dome, some in a type of forcefield, and some in no dome. I personally believe there is no physical dome, but there is a forcefield-type dome (possibly electromagnetic).
Hi y'all. I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE. That being said, I don't believe in a lot of "facts" (the quotations mean they're NOT actual facts) including evolution, the holocaust, and the globular earth HYPOTHESIS.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 10:15:32 AM »
Some flat earth theorists believe in a physical dome, some in a type of forcefield, and some in no dome. I personally believe there is no physical dome, but there is a forcefield-type dome (possibly electromagnetic).
Can I ask what mechanism you think powers that forcefield and what evidence you have for it existing?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:20:23 PM »
No. If there were it would’ve been smashed through a long time ago when the dinosaurs went extinct. Ya know, meteorites. Or when the multiple space crafts left the atmosphere and ventured into space, but it hasn’t appeared to be an issue, sooo...

JohnAdams1145

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 01:49:42 AM »
There is absolutely no dome. This has been proven by rocketry, which works in space. If you are a "genius" who doesn't go along with the "masses", perhaps you should do the rather simple derivation of the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation and truly understand Newton's laws before spouting this stuff. You should also understand at least the Lorentz force law before invoking electromagnetic woo garbage.

I've seen couple clips how light behaves around sun and distant stars and also a clip of rocket hitting an object around 50 miles up. I have also heard stories of planes crashing in some sort wall. I'm generally confused.
What are your thoughts? Let me hear

You've seen no clips of a rocket hitting an object 50 miles up. I'll repeat that again. You have seen no clips of a rocket hitting an object 50 miles up. Post the video if you want to assert this, but I guarantee you that you have seen no clips of a rocket hitting an object 50 miles up. If you're referring to why they start falling, it's because they've run out of fuel. If you're referring to why they stop spinning, this is literally designed into the rocket so they can get a good camera shot. Of course a lot of FE people like to insult NASA and those work for it without even considering a lot of its bright ideas, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-yo_de-spin. It is the de-spin mechanism that stops the rocket from spinning, not a forcefield.

It's so frustrating to deal with people who can't do basic research.