Offline AATW

• View Profile
ISS 2031
« on: February 04, 2022, 10:08:33 AM »
So NASA just announced that the ISS will keep operating till 2030 and then in 2031 it will be sent in to a death spiral and plunge in to the ocean.
They've even said where:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60246032

I'm not sure where I'm going with this other than this is Flat Earth Investigations and I'd suggest this is an opportunity to investigate the ISS and by extension FET.
This is something they're saying will happen, they're telling you where and when. It's something which could potentially be observed - well, it's certainly be on video at the time, you may regard the choice of location, a point far from land, as suspicious. I'd suggest it's a pretty sensible choice given they don't want it crashing on anyone or anything which would cause damage/death.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: ISS 2031
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 11:55:22 AM »
So they are shutting the studio on a show that has bad ratings and the death spiral is a nice way of saying "And that's why its not in a museum for you to see with your own lying eyes".

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 12:06:43 PM »
So they are shutting the studio on a show that has bad ratings and the death spiral is a nice way of saying "And that's why its not in a museum for you to see with your own lying eyes".
But the death spiral will be observable. Come on, you Zetetic lot, I'm sure you could hire a pedalo and go watch.

EDIT: And why would there be a death spiral at all if it's just a studio somewhere?!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 12:11:18 PM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 12:23:43 PM »
But the death spiral will be observable. Come on, you Zetetic lot, I'm sure you could hire a pedalo and go watch.

Yeah, they've made it real easy for us.  ::)

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60246032
In a report this week, the US space agency said the ISS would crash into a part of the ocean known as Point Nemo.

This is the point furthest from land on planet Earth, also known as the spacecraft cemetery.

EDIT: And why would there be a death spiral at all if it's just a studio somewhere?!
CGI is cheap. They don't even need a fireworks display to cover the tracks of this hoax.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 12:28:46 PM »
I see. So you're pre-emptively calling it fake. Fair enough. Saves you having to think about it too much I guess.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 12:46:57 PM »
I see. So you're pre-emptively calling it fake. Fair enough. Saves you having to think about it too much I guess.
What do you mean pre-emptively? We've been calling the ISS fake for as long as I've been coming to these forums. The fact they want to end the story at 'the point furthest from land on planet Earth' seems altogether too convenient and predictable.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 12:59:36 PM »
What do you mean pre-emptively? We've been calling the ISS fake for as long as I've been coming to these forums.
You understand you can observe the ISS from the ground, right? You can see it with the naked eye exactly where and when it's said to be appearing and with some not that expensive equipment you can see the shape of it.
This is another opportunity to observe it, you've got 9 years to prepare.
The fact they want to end the story at 'the point furthest from land on planet Earth' seems altogether too convenient and predictable.
Yeah, I don't understand why they don't just crash it on to a school or something either.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 01:25:30 PM »
You understand you can observe the ISS from the ground, right? You can see it with the naked eye exactly where and when it's said to be appearing and with some not that expensive equipment you can see the shape of it.
Oh, I can see their projections on the firmament, no problem at all.

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't just crash it on to a school or something either.
The earth is a big place. I'm sure the options aren't

1) Furthest place from any human likely to observe the death spiral
2) On a school

The US is currently at war with Syria. Why not hit a military installation with it? Would be a hell of a boost for the US troops.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 01:56:17 PM »
projections on the firmament

Projections would require a projector, wouldn't they ... ?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 01:58:57 PM »
So they could just leave it up there beyond 2031.  Just have to keep putting new batteries in the Firmament Projector Thingy.  Wherever that is. 

And you do understand that, as it breaks up, the different components, having a wide variety of mass/Cd ratios, will be spread over a large area, of which Point Nomo is the centre?  It won't conveniently land in one lump, hence maximise the chances of hitting no-one (or Nemo). 

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 02:05:08 PM »
Projections would require a projector, wouldn't they ... ?
A teacher requires something to teach. A cup of coffee requires coffee and a cup. An axe murderer requires an axe.

Oh, this thread is about the ISS, not statements of the blindingly obvious. My bad.

So they could just leave it up there beyond 2031.  Just have to keep putting new batteries in the Firmament Projector Thingy.  Wherever that is. 
I'm going to guess they plug it in.

And you do understand that, as it breaks up, the different components, having a wide variety of mass/Cd ratios, will be spread over a large area, of which Point Nomo is the centre?  It won't conveniently land in one lump, hence maximise the chances of hitting no-one (or Nemo). 
Actually there are lots of choices.

1) Let if drift off into space.
2) Hit it with a missile and let all the little pieces disintegrate in the atmosphere.
3) Detonate it with a bomb and let all the pieces disintegrate in the atmosphere.
4) Leave it where it is in orbit.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 02:06:54 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 02:13:58 PM »
It's clever how they project a dark shadow on to the sun when it does a transit, isn't it?

https://petapixel.com/2020/06/27/photographer-captures-canadarm2-on-iss-in-solar-transit-for-first-time/

I'm sure you have good evidence of it being a projection.

The US is currently at war with Syria. Why not hit a military installation with it? Would be a hell of a boost for the US troops.
Well there's people in the ISS at the moment, they probably don't want to kill them.
But it's not a bad idea if (let's face it, they will be) the US are in a war in 2031. Although missiles are guided with a bit more precision than a space station.
It's pretty obvious why they picked a remote point - there will be a fairly big degree of error with an unpowered object falling through the atmosphere.

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2022, 02:39:04 PM »

Yeah, they've made it real easy for us.  ::)

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60246032
In a report this week, the US space agency said the ISS would crash into a part of the ocean known as Point Nemo.

This is the point furthest from land on planet Earth, also known as the spacecraft cemetery.

CGI is cheap. They don't even need a fireworks display to cover the tracks of this hoax.

Thork,

If NASA is saying that this event will happen in 2031, why not simply prepare for that event so that when said event is "supposed" to happen, than the FE community could use observation to disprove such an event?

Such a documented observation could then be placed into TFES Wiki as evidence to support the belief in a space travel conspiracy.

Why pre-emptively say "fake / CGI" now.... why not use empirical methods like observation to simply disprove at the time the "supposed" event is to occur?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 02:42:12 PM by GoldCashew »

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 03:30:19 PM »

1) Let if drift off into space.
2) Hit it with a missile and let all the little pieces disintegrate in the atmosphere.
3) Detonate it with a bomb and let all the pieces disintegrate in the atmosphere.
4) Leave it where it is in orbit.

I don't think you're really trying here. 

1.  Its in LEO.  It would require a lot of energy to launch it into free space. 
2.  Most of the pieces would remain in orbit, adding to the space trash problem. 
3.  see above. 
4.  Its orbit will eventually decay, leading to random impact with the schools, orphanages and so forth already mentioned. 

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2022, 05:20:08 PM »
It's clever how they project a dark shadow on to the sun when it does a transit, isn't it?

https://petapixel.com/2020/06/27/photographer-captures-canadarm2-on-iss-in-solar-transit-for-first-time/

I'm sure you have good evidence of it being a projection.

The projection technology is quite fantastic.  They are able to project on the firmament, then immediately onto the moons surface, then immediately back onto the firmament.  Quite impressive tech if you think about it.

https://www.cnet.com/news/this-is-a-real-view-of-the-iss-transiting-the-moon/
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 06:09:30 PM »
Well there's people in the ISS at the moment, they probably don't want to kill them.
I thought they were going to let the astronauts get off before they crashed it into the sea. If they let them off to crash it into the sea, why would you leave them on to crash into a Syrian bunker?

But it's not a bad idea if (let's face it, they will be) the US are in a war in 2031. Although missiles are guided with a bit more precision than a space station.
A missile would have no where near the energy of a hypersonic 420,000kg space station. That would make one hell of a hole.

It's pretty obvious why they picked a remote point - there will be a fairly big degree of error with an unpowered object falling through the atmosphere.
Why do they have to bring it back to earth to be junk in the ocean. Why don't they just let it float off into the vast expanse of an infinite universe and be junk where no creature, plant or anything will ever come across it?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2022, 06:14:07 PM »
If NASA is saying that this event will happen in 2031, why not simply prepare for that event so that when said event is "supposed" to happen, than the FE community could use observation to disprove such an event?

Also
So GoldCashew wants me to get in a boat and be in the vicinity when a million pieces of space shuttle come reigning down with a "fairly big degree of error".

How about I don't volunteer for this suicide mission, thank you?  >:(

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2022, 06:15:24 PM »
A missile would have no where near the energy of a hypersonic 420,000kg space station. That would make one hell of a hole.
Yes. And has been explained it would probably make quite a few big holes and there would be no certainty about exactly where. A remote spot in the ocean is a more sensible choice.

Why do they have to bring it back to earth to be junk in the ocean. Why don't they just let it float off into the vast expanse of an infinite universe and be junk where no creature, plant or anything will ever come across it?
Explained in another post.
The ISS is not like a helium balloon. You can’t just let go and it floats off somewhere, never to be seen again.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2022, 06:21:33 PM »
Yes. And has been explained it would probably make quite a few big holes and there would be no certainty about exactly where. A remote spot in the ocean is a more sensible choice.
Well Russia is a big place. Pepper Russia with it.

The ISS is not like a helium balloon. You can’t just let go and it floats off somewhere, never to be seen again.
It's not real. This is like explaining to me the powers that a wizard does and does not have in the lore of the daft book you are reading. It's just fantasy.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:57:49 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2022, 06:25:14 PM »
A fantasy you can literally see.
And I’ve explained with the transits why your super cool projection theory - which you have zero evidence for - doesn’t work.