Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
Re: Antarctic Treaty
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 01:46:44 PM »
If there is a real 'South Pole',  just where is it on the flat earth map?  I would assume that it would have to be everywhere on the outer edge of the flat earth.  Yes, I can believe that you can go to Antarctica, my sister was there earlier this year and I saw some pictures.  Mostly they were just of some penguins. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline JCM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 06:05:09 PM »
STar trails clearly show both a North polar axis and a South polar axis, rotating. In opposite directions.  Let’s ignore the opposite directions they spin for a moment.  Somewhere that point is above the earth correct?  That point is in Antarctica, 90 degrees latitude south of the equator. Where you are on the planet latitude wise is incredibly easy as measured with a sextant for thousands of years.   Whether you believe people have been to 90 degrees south is something else entirely.   

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2018, 04:54:38 AM »
There are many folks that believe that they have been to the south pole.  Probably it's not just a photo-shopped job.  There's a research building there as well.  If you look up PanAm flight 50 you can see that there was a flight over both the North and South pole.  Just another fake?  Well, probably not.  On the flat earth model the South Pole should be right at the edge of the disk.  Can you fly over it, or will you get hit by the flow of the dark energy force flowing around the edges from the bottom? I guess the folks on flight 50 didn't or they kept everything quiet.   On the map the South Pole should be a single point that includes the entire outer edge of the map.  That does make a little sense as the scale of the map must decrease all the way to zero at the point infamously known as the south pole.  There is a nice video of a bunch of people who circled the globe around the South Pole in about a minute or less.  That makes my feat of going thru Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and  New Mexico in the same time frame look tame.  You can do all that at the Four Corners Monument.  Measuring your planets's latitude in the Southern hemisphere is a bit trickier.  There is no pole start like Polaris there.  You can use the Southern Cross, but it's a much harder task.  I didn't go far South too much and I sold my sextant several years back so I won't be trying again.  Now I can just use my iPhone.  It does work in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  I compared the reading on my GPS application with the two GPS receivers used on the ship and it agreed out to 3 decimal points to the right. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!