Question about the earths base
« on: April 19, 2018, 08:27:48 AM »
Hi im new here and been watching lots of videos about this theory and starting to become convinced the earth is flat. alot of arguments are forcing me to start asking questions of my own about this. i learned the earth was round and just left it at that and never thought twice about it. but now, now im not so sure what is what lol.

But what i was wondering after seing the flat earth models is if anyone has a theory on how thick the earths ground is and also what would happen if someone was able to eventually drill right through?

Also i would love to learn more about this can someone link me to some good youtube channels that have good explanations and teachings on flat earth.

Thanks appreciate any input :)

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the earths base
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 09:32:11 AM »
To be honest nobody knows how thick the earth is. It could be 20 miles, or it could be 60 miles. We don't have an answer. As for drilling through, that's a good question, though I don't think it would be possible.

If you haven't already, read earth not a globe by Dr Samuel Rowbotham who is the authority on flat earth.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 10:00:49 AM »
Hi im new here and been watching lots of videos about this theory and starting to become convinced the earth is flat. alot of arguments are forcing me to start asking questions of my own about this. i learned the earth was round and just left it at that and never thought twice about it. but now, now im not so sure what is what lol.

But what i was wondering after seing the flat earth models is if anyone has a theory on how thick the earths ground is and also what would happen if someone was able to eventually drill right through?

Also i would love to learn more about this can someone link me to some good youtube channels that have good explanations and teachings on flat earth.

Thanks appreciate any input :)
How do you explain the path of the sun?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 02:39:26 PM »
How do you explain the path of the sun?

How about not derailing the thread with an off-topic post? Warned.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 07:06:15 PM »
To be honest nobody knows how thick the earth is. It could be 20 miles, or it could be 60 miles. We don't have an answer. As for drilling through, that's a good question, though I don't think it would be possible.

If you haven't already, read earth not a globe by Dr Samuel Rowbotham who is the authority on flat earth.

Thanks heaps parallax will definitely check out the book :)

Offline Spycrab

• Wait what's going on I fell asleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »
Well there has been gratuitous mapping of the inside (or base, if you prefer) of the Earth through earthquake data. Think about shaking a box to tell what's inside. The Earth shakes itself. By paying attention to how long it takes earthquake waves to move through the earth, we know there is a liquid outer core that blocks certain waves from shaking some areas of the earth's crust, as S waves are blocked by liquid, and coincidentally do not show up on a large portion of the earth opposite (on a round globe) the epicenter. It's almost like they're being blocked by a big sphere (or what have you) of liquid inside the Earth. Liquid rock heated up by gravitational pressure, maybe? Man, the flat earth is lacking many explainations for things we already know the cause of. 

And yes, this is real.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/scientists-mapping-earth-in-3d-from-the-inside-out/
http://www.bgs.ac.uk/discoveringGeology/hazards/earthquakes/structureOfEarth.html
https://phys.org/news/2015-03-seismic-aims-earth-interior-d.html
The espionage crustacean strikes again.
Spycrab, you're the best memeber on the fora. Thank you for being born.

Offline Fil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 04:29:54 PM »
Based on my current understanding of the theory, what is beneath the Earth is currently unknown. That being said, I do engage in a bit of speculation of my own, and personally I find it likely that a land of fire and brimstone is what we will find should we drill far enough, however that is just a bit of theorycrafting on  my part.