A Couple of Questions
« on: April 04, 2018, 02:09:53 PM »
Hi, Flat Earthers! I had a question regarding the Antarctic Ice Wall and the edge of our green planet. Since climate change and global warming have been proven by scientists, and it is shown that global sea levels are rising due to melting ice in the north and south "poles," so does this mean the ice wall is receding? What would happen if the whole wall melted?
My next question is in regards to tectonic plates and faults. What is below the crust? Can there still be a mantle and core with convection currents moving our continents, building our mountains, and powering our earthquakes/volcanoes?

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
Re: A Couple of Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »
Global warming doesn't disprove flat earth. The ice caps are melting, but the ice wall is so gargantuan that it won't melt. The north is the problem.

If, and I say 'if' (because it won't) the ice wall melted, then the oceans would just drain over the edges of the world.

As for the crust, there is no core but certainly tectonic plates do have friction causing earthquakes. There probably is a mantle but its not possible to prove as we can't drill that far.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »
Global warming doesn't disprove flat earth. The ice caps are melting, but the ice wall is so gargantuan that it won't melt. The north is the problem.

If, and I say 'if' (because it won't) the ice wall melted, then the oceans would just drain over the edges of the world.

As for the crust, there is no core but certainly tectonic plates do have friction causing earthquakes. There probably is a mantle but its not possible to prove as we can't drill that far.

Hold up. The image you like of the ice wall -- you describe that as gargantuan? Too large to melt?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 05:17:36 PM »

So which came first - the ice wall or the oceans?
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:32:28 PM »

Hold up. The image you like of the ice wall -- you describe that as gargantuan? Too large to melt?
Look at the image. It clearly extends for 100s of miles, you can see so yourself. Therefore yes, it is too large to melt.

The way the earth formed would indicate that the waters froze on the edges causing the ice wall. I only say this because we know that earth floats on the waters of the great deep.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »

Look at the image. It clearly extends for 100s of miles, you can see so yourself. Therefore yes, it is too large to melt.

The way the earth formed would indicate that the waters froze on the edges causing the ice wall. I only say this because we know that earth floats on the waters of the great deep.

Did you know that 150 miles of Antarctic glacier at Pine Bay are two of thr fastest-melting glaciers in the world? Not arctic -- Antarctic. Pieces of your ice wall.

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
The ice wall will not melt.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 07:19:29 PM »

How did the Earth form? Also, I don't know that the Earth floats on waters of the great deep. In fact, we know the Earth does no such thing.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 12:29:12 AM »

So in regards to the tectonic plates, mustn't there be some form of a heated core or mantle that maintains our crust at 52 degrees Fahrenheit? If we were just a disc of space rock, without this inner oven, if you will, wouldn't the ground temperature be much cooler beneath the surface? Also, I may have missed it, but is there a flat earth theory explaining the movement of the plates?