Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
Re: How thick is the Earth?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2018, 08:08:31 PM »
Because of photos taken at different points. Not all of those photos are taken in the same place. In the age of sail, Captain Cook sailed around the ice wall and was unable to progress.

http://tabooconspiracy.com/blog/flat-earth/captain-cook-and-the-old-explorers-of-antarctica/

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »
Because of photos taken at different points. Not all of those photos are taken in the same place. In the age of sail, Captain Cook sailed around the ice wall and was unable to progress.

http://tabooconspiracy.com/blog/flat-earth/captain-cook-and-the-old-explorers-of-antarctica/

You might want to consider your sources there.

Anyway, Captain Cook sailed around Antarctica. You're right about that!

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2018, 09:06:06 PM »
That source doesn't matter, I just grabbed the first link I saw since it just said what Cook did. Nice to see you acknowledge he sailed around Antarctica, shame your unaware he was unable to progress past the ice wall.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2018, 09:10:08 PM »
That source doesn't matter, I just grabbed the first link I saw since it just said what Cook did. Nice to see you acknowledge he sailed around Antarctica, shame your unaware he was unable to progress past the ice wall.

Newsflash: Antarctica is a continent. You cannot sail over a continent.

You sure can fly over it, though, and folks have done that several times!

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »
Your missing the crucial point, in that its an ice WALL, of course you can't sail over it. I've even told you that basic face before.

Now you prove someone's flown over it. Show footage of someone flying over it, not just a little part.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »
Your missing the crucial point, in that its an ice WALL, of course you can't sail over it. I've even told you that basic face before.

Now you prove someone's flown over it. Show footage of someone flying over it, not just a little part.

See for yourself! Get your empiricism on!

http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 09:47:15 PM »
To quote you earlier

That's not what I asked.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 10:09:13 PM »
To quote you earlier

That's not what I asked.

People cross the Antarctic all the time. Here's a story with several people you can look up: https://www.wired.com/2016/02/people-cross-antarctica-all-the-time-its-still-crazy-hard/

And here's information on the first flight across Antarctica: http://www.royalaviationmuseum.com/2596/first-flight-over-antarctica/

Here is footage from an Antarctic flight (from the folks I linked previously -- you can get yourself on one of these flights!):

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 10:19:59 PM »
No no no no no.

People can only fly so far over the ice wall before they can't get any further. It's also possible pilots are being lead to believe they are flying over and are actually coming back on themselves. So what you posted is not definitive proof.

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 10:23:56 PM »
No no no no no.

People can only fly so far over the ice wall before they can't get any further. It's also possible pilots are being lead to believe they are flying over and are actually coming back on themselves. So what you posted is not definitive proof.
That makes no sense.  We have GPS coordinates and a WGS-84 model, are they wrong?

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 10:27:57 PM »
No no no no no.

How are they coming back on themselves if they are reaching a destination on the other side?

Also I thought they got turned away by the government or something like that, wasn't that the previous excuse?

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »
No no no no no.

That makes no sense.  We have GPS coordinates and a WGS-84 model, are they wrong?
GPS is manipulated to make pilots think they are flying over it but they are not.
No no no no no.

How are they coming back on themselves if they are reaching a destination on the other side?

Also I thought they got turned away by the government or something like that, wasn't that the previous excuse?
They aren't reaching the other side.

And the government don't need to turn commercial aircraft away due to rigging GPS.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »

Yes, they are. You can choose not to believe it, but that doesn't change the facts.

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 10:54:49 PM »
No they aren't. You can choose not to believe it, but it doesn't change facts.

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 12:26:07 AM »
No no no no no.

GPS is manipulated to make pilots think they are flying over it but they are not.
No no no no no.

And the government don't need to turn commercial aircraft away due to rigging GPS.
Which government?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2018, 12:21:23 PM »
No they aren't. You can choose not to believe it, but it doesn't change facts.

We are all still waiting for any facts from you. You are big on claims, very short on any sort of proof. A picture of a small section of a small ridge of ice is your "ice wall." Please tell us how "the government" blocks a 20k+ mile border. Where are all the soldiers coming back with tales from the wall?
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50