totallackey

Re: Hey Flat Earthers, Just wondering...
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »
Few does not mean the same thing as none.
Yeah sparky...

Few does not mean the same thing as none...

But this means the same thing as none = "but no airline has scheduled such flights..."

Yeah, I double checked...NO AIRLINE HAS SCHEDULED SUCH FLIGHTS!!!

THAT MEANS NONE!!!

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2018, 05:00:38 PM »
Yeah sparky...

But this means the same thing as none = "but no airline has scheduled such flights..."

THAT MEANS NONE!!!

Okay. What does that mean, exactly? Does it mean that it is impossible? Or does it mean that it wouldn't make economic sense to fly such a route? Does it mean the flight has never been made, or that there has never been a commercial route there?

Why does the FAA have regulations in place for polar flights if they are impossible?

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2018, 06:26:35 PM »
Could you point to another place that looks like that between Australia and South America? (It'll make my day if you say Greenland)

Also any source on that hot claim about commercial flights? It's not common for pure transport since great circle routes rarely cross it and there are additional safety requirements for flights that do, but it's certainly happened before. If I booked one of these flights would they surreptitiously stick us in a wind tunnel with HD TVs over the windows? http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/
Look at the post just above this one...

As far as "looking like Antarctica," take a look at this...

that would have filled a window of a plane flying over it...
"Iceberg B-15 was the world's largest recorded iceberg. It measured around 295 kilometres (183 mi) long and 37 kilometres (23 mi) wide, with a surface area of 11,000 square kilometres (4,200 sq mi)—larger than the whole island of Jamaica."

That iceberg was only 23 miles wide. Here's another picture of it, with the mountains of Antarctica behind it.

From here: http://beyondpenguins.ehe.osu.edu/issue/icebergs-and-glaciers/all-about-icebergs
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:28:25 PM by douglips »

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2018, 07:29:25 PM »
Yeah sparky...

THAT MEANS NONE!!!
Hi. Not sure you fully read the wiki article you gleefully quoted. It states there are NO flights between Perth and South America. It says there ARE flights between Sydney and Santiago, and these do on occasion cross the Antarctic ice cap. Anyway, how do they manage to complete that journey in the similar time it takes to get from Sydney to LA or Dubai? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2018, 03:34:08 AM »
Yeah sparky...

THAT MEANS NONE!!!

Okay, I found this quote, but I already started that new topic that has the link for the commercial flight that not only flies in "Antarctic Air Space" (whatever that is) but lands on it as well.  McMurdo Station has one airstrip that is open all year round, and two that are seasonal. Marambio is a permanent, all year round airport in Antarctica.  If a person is willing to sit in their basement and ignore that there may be other people in the world from places outside their home town, they can be a FE'er.  One has to ignore that the 50,000 people a year that visit Antarctica and see the 24 hour daylight to hold on to a bigoted view of the world.