Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: Meltdown/Spectre
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2018, 04:33:28 PM »
No spectre or meltdown viruses exist.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/meltdown-spectre-malware-is-already-being-tested-by-attackers/
The number of potential Meltdown-Spectre malware samples collected by AV-Test has steadily climbed since the first one was spotted on January 7 to 139 by the end of January.

I know pointing out Thork being wrong is like shooting fish in a barrel, but I figured I should remind everyone again that he is wrong.

Actually, Thork was correct. The sort of malware described in that article is not a virus.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2018, 04:35:56 PM »
Actually, Thork was correct. The sort of malware described in that article is not a virus.

He uses Spybot. Somehow I think he lacks the nuance to ensure he is using the proper technical terms in every case.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2018, 04:38:27 PM »

He uses Spybot. Somehow I think he lacks the nuance to ensure he is using the proper technical terms in every case.

Oh, I'd never dream of suggesting that he was intentionally correct. Nevertheless, he was correct.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:40:10 PM by Parsifal »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2018, 04:42:17 PM »
Nevertheless, he was correct.

Not necessarily. This goes back to my previous point. There is no way of knowing if he is correct. Just because a virus hasn't been identified doesn't mean that it does not exist.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2018, 04:53:11 PM »
Not necessarily. This goes back to my previous point. There is no way of knowing if he is correct. Just because a virus hasn't been identified doesn't mean that it does not exist.

While that is technically true, correctness can be expressed in terms of available information. If absolute proof of something had to be presented in order for someone to be considered correct, the word "correct" would never be used.

Sacrificing some brevity, you could rewrite my earlier statement as: To the best of our current knowledge, Thork is correct. However, that is redundant when you consider that all statements ever made are within the context of available knowledge.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2018, 05:02:42 PM »
While that is technically true, correctness can be expressed in terms of available information. If absolute proof of something had to be presented in order for someone to be considered correct, the word "correct" would never be used.
It is almost like there is some flexibility for being correct that exists between can be and absolutely. But, I will take "technically true" as an acknowledgment.

Sacrificing some brevity, you could rewrite my earlier statement as: To the best of our current knowledge, Thork is correct. However, that is redundant when you consider that all statements ever made are within the context of available knowledge.
I feel like you are suggesting that Thork's statement was made in the context of available knowledge. This would imply that he has included available knowledge when making the claim. Again, I think we both know he lacks the nuance to consider such a thing. It is much more probable he shoehorned the claim into his anti-update argument because he hasn't seen a headline on aol.com (or whatever old people use for their news source).

I also feel like none of us here have scoured all the available knowledge on this topic to make a concrete claim on this very specific topic.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2018, 07:34:25 PM »
Erm guys, this isn't your PM. How embarrassing for you. You've accidentally posted all of this in a public forum and I read it.  :-[
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1