Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: How Banning works
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 01:25:43 AM »
>o<
Maybe a little more carrot and a little less schtick, Pete?

It takes time to understand how a community of 10+ years works. All its memes, its rules of engagement, its etiquette. As internet robust as you and other members here are, newcomers do arrive with feels. It takes time to beat that out of them and turn them into a fully functioning forum psychopaths like the rest of us. I feel it might be better to just ignore whining objection until the whiner either grows a pair or decides it isn't for them ... rather than making them feel unwelcome and on the end of unfathomable hostility. They are unwelcome and the hostility is fathomable ... but they won't understand why that is, and once they do they will no longer be unwelcome or busy fathoming things.

Baby Thork ... making perfect sense since 2005.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 10:22:48 AM »
I disagree. Tom has done nothing wrong, aside from responding to a shitpost.
I agree. But my point is neither side did anything wrong. Or, if either did then both did. The exchange was 3 jokey comments.
No-one was being "bullied". Tom has got a fair bit of stick while I've been reading the forum but that wasn't an example.
It was a jokey exchange but only one poster got warned.

Sorry, I disagree again. From my perspective, most of your posts make it clear that you haven't quite understood this place
Really? Most? OK, maybe I really haven't understood this place then. IF this place is just for Flat Earthers to discuss Flat Earth models then you're right, this isn't the place for me.
Reading threads though before I joined it looked like this is a place for Flat Earthers AND Round Earthers to discuss and debate things. That's why I joined and most of my posts are in that vein.
My thread about the flat earth sun has spawned a fair amount of debate.
I'd be genuinely interested to know how you think "most" of my posts show I haven't understood that this place is for.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like how things work here, but I'm not impressed with your repeated attempts at asserting authority.
I'm not asserting anything. This is a section for suggestions. I am making one. I see a lot of people sign up here and post stuff like
"lol, earth is round or ud fall off edge"
And even as a globetard I find it annoying. I'm more interested in debating the issues.
I'm not suggesting fundamental change. This site is not that busy, I would have thought you'd want to encourage new posters who are here to debate things which I clearly I am.
If you only want flat earthers to sign up then fine, I am in the wrong place. But that wasn't my understanding of what these boards were for.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline xenotolerance

• byeeeeeee
    • View Profile
    • flat Earth visualization
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
Real talk, Parsifal answered the question to its furthest ends in the first sentence of the first reply.

junker is the only mod who I have seen warn and ban people since I started participating. He has banned me twice, both times because he didn't like my attitude moreso than I broke the rules. (I imagine someone will want to argue that point, but save your breath.)

His discretion is to tolerate more off topic, low content, and personally insulting behaviour from Svarrior, Bishop, and himself than he ever allows to stand from the rational thinkers. And that's the state of the forum; if you don't like it, tough. If you want a forum that analyzes weird shit and conspiracy theories in an evidence based, rational way, and that has good moderation, go to Metabunk. Bonus, none of these cats post there afaik.

My suggestion for OP and co is to step lightly, take your lumps, read Metabunk, and remember to go outside sometimes. If you get banned, it's not a personal failing, and don't let these experienced forum psychopaths rile you up.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »
Given that the OP has been satisfactorily answered, I am locking this thread before it devolves into more whining and complaining as to why people think they have to follow the very simple rules we have here.