Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Re: Satellites
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 01:49:34 PM »
No just no.  Find something else to do with your time.  You are not very good at this.  Unless this is what you get paid to do is to spew Bs on this site

Great reply! You really showed him! Still waiting on your proof of these balloons...
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »
I thought that was somebody’s talking to Gary !!!

So Gary, where’s your proof. Where’s the photos, where’s your calculations, otherwise I too am going have to cry Bullshit as well.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »
This thread made me join. haha.

Good question OP. I'm a communications tech. I work for a top 10 defense contractor that manufactures satellites and launches them from the Space Coast. Basically, the satellite acts as a repeater. The transmission comes from our earth stations, include voice and data, and transmitted to the satellite which then streams the data (repeats) back towards earth, where a properly pointed dish can receive. The dishes typically are able to send/receive data and the communication to/from the satellite and earth station is two-way, bi-directional.

I have installed commercial dishes for end users (gov't, military, gas and oil rigs, ships). I assure you that they work when pointed correctly at the sky, and don't work if they're just inches off. There's an entire procedure involved in pointing and setting a dish as well as math helps on getting the angles correct. Once linked up, I can send test messages to a Network Ops Center where a tech verifies my data and sends me out a test reply which I also verify.

I also work with microwave (ground to ground stations), fiber, central office, network, PSPC radio, backbone, etc. I'm a tech, not an engineer, so my 25 years of experience involves the installation and maintenance of comm equipment. My work involves correctly pointing, provisioning, and testing large scale  wireless communication devices.

FE'rs need to work this info into their model somehow, because satellites exist and are in use all over our flat earth. There's no need to be afraid to admit that they are real.

Satellites are real and you do not have the need to know basis of the truth behind satellites.  Yes your company may manufacture the satellites and think they are being "launched" into orbit but that is not really true.  They are not in space but are typically kept in the sky by very large hydrogen balloons.  They range in elevation between 40,000 to 80,000 feet in the air. 

Here is one of the stations where balloon launches occur.  Look at the bottom for schedule of past launches.  http://stratocat.com.ar/bases/37e.htm

Please note the MIR launches which are pieces of the ISS which is also on a balloon.

A couple of little question, how big is the balloon that supports the 450 tons of the ISS, how does being suspended below a balloon enable it to keep a precise and predictable track across the sky, and can you direct me to which of the balloon launches in your linked list, shows the ISS launch or any launch with that payload?

Assertions are one thing, evidence is needed to back up those assertions.

Roger

Football field size.  They are lifted with assistance of cranes

OK - so the mass of the ISS is 400 tonnes - and it's 100 meters across - slightly larger than a football field.  If they used hydrogen as their "lift gas" (it's lighter than helium).   At sea level,it takes about 1 cubic meter of hydrogen to lift 1 kg of payload. So the balloon would need to be at least 400,000 cubic meters.   However, at 40,000 feet, where the air is thinner, the balloon needs to be bigger.  At the upper limits of balloon capability - they expand to 700 times their launch volume.  So the balloon that hold up the ISS would be 280 million cubic meters.

If it's spherical (it would have to be) then it would be about a half a kilometer across!

Now - you can use this site: https://spotthestation.nasa.gov  to find a time when the ISS will fly over where you live at a time when you can see it...with your own eyes.   It looks like a bright white dot - but if you get some binoculars - you can actually see the shape of the thing.   It's like a letter 'H'.   That's a 100 meter letter H.  Now - where is the half kilometer balloon?  There should be a circle above the ISS's "H" shape that's four times bigger.

If the thing isn't at orbital altitude - the balloon would look something close to the size of the moon.

So, no - the ISS isn't held up by balloons...that's a guess - and it's a stupid one.

Aside from anything else - you can see satellite zooming across the sky - much MUCH faster than an airliner...how would something with the drag coefficient and fragility of a balloon possibly be able to move that fast?

Buuuuullllll-shit.

No just no.  Find something else to do with your time.  You are not very good at this.  Unless this is what you get paid to do is to spew Bs on this site

Wow!  An impressive rebuttal of my math...er...not.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 02:14:12 PM »
I thought that was somebody’s talking to Gary !!!

So Gary, where’s your proof. Where’s the photos, where’s your calculations, otherwise I too am going have to cry Bullshit as well.

The ISS may not be as big as they claim.  The only way to prove any of this is through having a top secret clearance and a need to know basis.  In other words we are all wasting time with calcs.

Offline RJDO

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 02:14:57 PM »

Good question OP. I'm a communications tech. I work for a top 10 defense contractor that manufactures satellites and launches them from the Space Coast. Basically, the satellite acts as a repeater. The transmission comes from our earth stations, include voice and data, and transmitted to the satellite which then streams the data (repeats) back towards earth, where a properly pointed dish can receive. The dishes typically are able to send/receive data and the communication to/from the satellite and earth station is two-way, bi-directional.

I have installed commercial dishes for end users (gov't, military, gas and oil rigs, ships). I assure you that they work when pointed correctly at the sky, and don't work if they're just inches off. There's an entire procedure involved in pointing and setting a dish as well as math helps on getting the angles correct. Once linked up, I can send test messages to a Network Ops Center where a tech verifies my data and sends me out a test reply which I also verify.

I also work with microwave (ground to ground stations), fiber, central office, network, PSPC radio, backbone, etc. I'm a tech, not an engineer, so my 25 years of experience involves the installation and maintenance of comm equipment. My work involves correctly pointing, provisioning, and testing large scale  wireless communication devices.

FE'rs need to work this info into their model somehow, because satellites exist and are in use all over our flat earth. There's no need to be afraid to admit that they are real.

Satellites are real and you do not have the need to know basis of the truth behind satellites.  Yes your company may manufacture the satellites and think they are being "launched" into orbit but that is not really true.  They are not in space but are typically kept in the sky by very large hydrogen balloons.  They range in elevation between 40,000 to 80,000 feet in the air. 

Here is one of the stations where balloon launches occur.  Look at the bottom for schedule of past launches.  http://stratocat.com.ar/bases/37e.htm

Please note the MIR launches which are pieces of the ISS which is also on a balloon.

Surely he does not really believe this. Really.... You just....I mean....Nope. You can not really believe this.

It is so hard to figure out what is going on here on this site. I can never tell if the post and person posting is just trolling, or an actual believer of the Flat Earth. I am convinced that this Forum has to be just Round Earth proponents, but some take to trolling, and some take to answering.

I wish you could all see how hard I hit my forehead with my hand when I read the balloon thing. Come on... There are some silly things about Flat Earth, but giant balloons. LOL.... I must of missed that explanation in the Wiki.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »

Surely he does not really believe this. Really.... You just....I mean....Nope. You can not really believe this.

It is so hard to figure out what is going on here on this site. I can never tell if the post and person posting is just trolling, or an actual believer of the Flat Earth. I am convinced that this Forum has to be just Round Earth proponents, but some take to trolling, and some take to answering.

I wish you could all see how hard I hit my forehead with my hand when I read the balloon thing. Come on... There are some silly things about Flat Earth, but giant balloons. LOL.... I must of missed that explanation in the Wiki.

Yes, it does seem difficult to believe that someone could actually be this ignorant and stupid. This is also sounding very similar to a thread I had with someone claiming that GPS used balloons.

I am really starting to get back in the mindset that no one here actually believes the Earth is flat, just screwing around and trolling. If that is the case, I really don't understand why someone would actually find it to be amusing enough to be worth the effort to build a website and start populating it with BS.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »

People belive some crazy stuff.   From religion to shape shifting lizard aliens. 
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2017, 03:48:50 AM »
Yeah, giant hydrogen balloons really takes the biscuit. As people have already said, the position of satellites is very precise, and balloons get blown by the winds.  Especially really big balloons. You’d see the balloons above the satellites, especially big satellites like the ISS.  Hydrogen balloons have a limited life.  The hydrogen weeps through the membrane (think how quickly a helium party balloon goes flat) so they have a limited life span.  Some satellites have been up there for well over 10 years.
Top secret security clearance on a need to know basis is the sort of phrase a 10 year old comes out with.
You can go and watch satellite launches. You can go and see these huge, expensive rockets being launched yourself.  Why would anybody put on a ridiculously expensive stage show, then go and dangle their satellite off a balloon.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 04:21:33 AM »
For some reason, flat Earther's must feel better about themselves by coming up with an explanation. Regardless of how stupid and implausible.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 04:53:50 AM »
Yeah, giant hydrogen balloons really takes the biscuit. As people have already said, the position of satellites is very precise, and balloons get blown by the winds.  Especially really big balloons.

I will suggest looking up how much wind there is at the edge of the atmosphere.

You’d see the balloons above the satellites, especially big satellites like the ISS.  Hydrogen balloons have a limited life.  The hydrogen weeps through the membrane (think how quickly a helium party balloon goes flat) so they have a limited life span.  Some satellites have been up there for well over 10 years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/6y1qnu/this_1985_balloononastick_that_has_never_lost_its/

Top secret security clearance on a need to know basis is the sort of phrase a 10 year old comes out with.
You can go and watch satellite launches. You can go and see these huge, expensive rockets being launched yourself.  Why would anybody put on a ridiculously expensive stage show, then go and dangle their satellite off a balloon.

Because they need to fake the concept of space travel in order to achieve military dominance. Did you think NASA was started at the birth of the Cold War to conduct innocent science?

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2017, 05:04:21 AM »
Yeah, giant hydrogen balloons really takes the biscuit. As people have already said, the position of satellites is very precise, and balloons get blown by the winds.  Especially really big balloons.

You’d see the balloons above the satellites, especially big satellites like the ISS.  Hydrogen balloons have a limited life.  The hydrogen weeps through the membrane (think how quickly a helium party balloon goes flat) so they have a limited life span.  Some satellites have been up there for well over 10 years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/6y1qnu/this_1985_balloononastick_that_has_never_lost_its/

Because they need to fake the concept of space travel in order to achieve military dominance. Did you think NASA was started at the birth of the Cold War to conduct innocent science?

1. It doesn’t matter how much wind there is up there, it’s getting them to the right place in the first place.  Wind on the way up !

2. Reddit.com ?  Not exactly a reliable source of evidence

3. Of course NASA was a key player during the space race which was part of the Cold War.  However, why every country (with space technology) participate in this charade ?  The Cold War is over !

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 05:27:05 AM »
1. It doesn’t matter how much wind there is up there, it’s getting them to the right place in the first place.  Wind on the way up !

And you don't think it's possible to put some mode of transporation on there?

2. Reddit.com ?  Not exactly a reliable source of evidence

It is a pretty striking example.

3. Of course NASA was a key player during the space race which was part of the Cold War.  However, why every country (with space technology) participate in this charade ?  The Cold War is over !

Incorrect. The Cold War never ended. Look at the proxy war in Syria between the US and Russia. Vladimir Putin himself says that it never ended.

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 05:47:38 AM »
1. Possible, yes.  Practical, no.  Why do you think air ships have never become a practical form of transport ?
2. You can’t cite a single photo on Reddit.com as evidence when you poo-poo timeanddate.com
3. The question was why does every country participate in the charade.  China for example ?  They aren’t involved in the Cold War. 

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 01:13:00 PM »

Please tell me, how does one achieve military dominance by faking space travel?? The soviets were ahead of us in the space race and would have known that we were full of shite. Once again, you make an unsubstantiated claim that makes zero sense.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2017, 01:50:44 PM »
It's ridiculous - no matter what - it takes roughly a cubic meter of hydrogen or helium to lift a kilogram of "stuff".  At altitude, that expands to 700 cubic meters.

So - 700 cubic meters...for ONE kilogram.

That means that for ANY satellite, the associated balloon would be VASTLY bigger than the satellite.   You can see satellites whizzing overhead with the naked eye...if they had vast balloons attached to them (and especially if they were as low as FE'ers seem to be implying) - you'd see them VERY clearly - they'd be larger than a jet airplane looks to be.   We'd see HUNDREDS of large round objects drifting across the sky all the time.

We don't see that.

Ergo there are no satellites held up with balloons.

Do the maths, crazy FE people!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2017, 03:18:41 PM »

Please provide proof of your claims.  Burdon of proof is on you.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »

So did everyone believe the Earth was flat before NASA was founded in 1958 to start the conspiracy?

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2017, 12:29:23 AM »

What sort of transportation can push a big balloon at 17,000 mph for years?

Incorrect. The Cold War never ended. Look at the proxy war in Syria between the US and Russia. Vladimir Putin himself says that it never ended.

I agree with Tom Bishop. Hell hath frozen over.

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2017, 02:55:49 AM »

What sort of transportation can push a big balloon at 17,000 mph for years?

I agree with Tom Bishop. Hell hath frozen over.

The balloons are never in orbit - they are floating at 80,000 to 120,000 feet in the air.  Nothing is in orbit ever.  If you can barely see a commercial airliner at 35,000 feet in the air the balloons would be unnoticeable from our point of view on the ground without a form of scoped magnification.  The balloons when observed during daytime look like a shiny silver dollar.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2017, 03:15:18 AM »

The balloons are never in orbit - they are floating at 80,000 to 120,000 feet in the air.  Nothing is in orbit ever.  If you can barely see a commercial airliner at 35,000 feet in the air the balloons would be unnoticeable from our point of view on the ground without a form of scoped magnification.  The balloons when observed during daytime look like a shiny silver dollar.
Please cite the source for the technical details listed here.