Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2540 on: January 14, 2018, 04:04:31 PM »
He's just saying he wants more white people. Trump doesn't know anything about Norway or its policies.

Except we have a ton of muslim refugees.

Also, he does.  They're a great customer.
He's just using Norway cause he just met with our PM.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 15, 2018, 08:41:47 AM »

Trump cancels planned visits to open new London embassy, stock prices for British eggs hits low(?)
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: January 15, 2018, 06:46:27 PM »

Trump cancels planned visits to open new London embassy, stock prices for British eggs hits low(?)
Of course.  They can't offload their rotten eggs now.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 18, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »
Trump backtracks so hard on the wall, he tripped the border sign.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/18/578796237/kelly-says-trump-now-believes-border-wall-is-unnecessary

The Wall is the Wall, it has never changed or evolved from the first day I conceived of it. Parts will be, of necessity, see through and it was never intended to be built in areas where there is natural protection such as mountains, wastelands or tough rivers or water

So he went from "We need a wall along the southern border" to "We need a wall along where we already have a wall".  Cause you know... gotta keep that promise.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 18, 2018, 04:55:04 PM »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/369513-trump-admin-creates-new-religious-moral-protections-for-health-workers

And of course, that's not gonna backfire once other religions start getting in the mix.  Nope, not at all....

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 20, 2018, 11:31:47 AM »
And government shut down.

Dems hit hard.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: January 22, 2018, 10:03:18 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-42667659/the-missing-consequences-of-trump-s-immigration-crackdown

I particularly like the police guy: "If you break the law, by golly! But then I started thinking 'wait a minute, wait a minute'
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 22, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »
Its almost like people voted their party without understanding exactly what they were voting for.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 22, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »
Its almost like people voted their party without understanding exactly what they were voting for.
There is that, of course, but I'm actually more baffled by the fact that your country has police chiefs with a viewpoint of "people should obey the law unless I suddenly feel uneasy about the law"

Rama Set

« Reply #2549 on: January 22, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »
There is that, of course, but I'm actually more baffled by the fact that your country has police chiefs with a viewpoint of "people should obey the law unless I suddenly feel uneasy about the law"

There should always be room for conscientious objectors. He should also probably be fired.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: January 22, 2018, 01:33:25 PM »
That's actually a good thing: Being able to look at the law and assess it's value yourself.
Jaywalking is illegal but police rarely(if ever) arrest people for doing it.  It's illegal but the crime itself is so minor that putting the full force of the law against it is unnecessary.  Likewise, some laws are/were morally wrong and people break it (and police look the other way) because they know it's wrong or the law shouldn't be applied in the specific situation.

You also have application of the law.  Sometimes letting a criminal slide for minor things yields you a safer area than if you tried to arrest everyone who broke any and every law.  Or perhaps the punishment for a law is unfairly severe so as a law officer, you decide to let them go simply because they'd be punished in a way you feel isn't fair.

Granted, this is 100% subjective and relies on more variables than anyone can understand.  But an officer that can think and make their own decisions is better than one who just follows the letter of the law no matter what.

Though I agree with Rama that he should be fired.  Mostly for being naive.

Rama Set

« Reply #2551 on: January 22, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »
That’s a fine example for jaywalking, but immigration law is not so clear cut or easy to digest. These are laws that are intended to have a multigenerational effect and a nationwide effect. When your everyday experience is divorced from that and you are only seeing the toll on the immigrants, bias is almost certain to creep in.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 22, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »
That’s a fine example for jaywalking, but immigration law is not so clear cut or easy to digest. These are laws that are intended to have a multigenerational effect and a nationwide effect. When your everyday experience is divorced from that and you are only seeing the toll on the immigrants, bias is almost certain to creep in.

Anytime you deal with humans, bias creeps in.  Empathy is a thing.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 22, 2018, 04:30:42 PM »
There should always be room for conscientious objectors. He should also probably be fired.
Agreed on both counts.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 22, 2018, 11:11:44 PM »
Fired for what?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #2555 on: January 23, 2018, 12:00:24 AM »
Fired for what?
i'm not sure they actually watched the video
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #2556 on: January 23, 2018, 12:13:08 AM »
Fired for what?

I wouldn’t trust them to cooperate with federal authorities.

« Reply #2557 on: January 23, 2018, 12:18:48 AM »
police and prosecutors are given shitloads of discretion in how they apply the law.  it's not a bug; it's a feature.  the uk and canada are almost certainly the same.

Fired for what?

ice already isn't coordinating with the local pd.  that was one of the complaints by the sheriff.

nothing in the video was about the local pd not doing their jobs.  it was them complaining about ice.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #2558 on: January 23, 2018, 12:23:20 AM »
police and prosecutors are given shitloads of discretion in how they apply the law.  it's not a bug; it's a feature.  the uk and canada are almost certainly the same.

Fired for what?

ice already isn't coordinating with the local pd.  that was one of the complaints by the sheriff.

nothing in the video was about the local pd not doing their jobs.  it was them complaining about ice.

And about the unjustness of deporting illegal immigrants that they think are alright. That doesn’t seem an appropriate thing for a sheriff to be commenting on in uniform in his office to me.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 23, 2018, 07:54:43 AM »
Well, Shutdown's over.
Republicans won.  Guess Dems didn't have the spine. :/

Also, this:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/22/579848409/trump-slaps-tariffs-on-imported-solar-panels-and-washing-machines

Trump... did something smart.  Either he finally realizes that tariffs help bring jobs back or he's trying to kill the solar industry.  Either way, he's doing it in a smarter way than he was.

I am afraid.