Questions about flat earth
« on: October 18, 2018, 06:49:22 AM »
Does anyone have proof definitive proof that the earth is accelerating upwards?
Is there a reputable (Not Youtube) source to find peer reviewed scientific studies on the FE?
Please explain the anti moon and cold light given off by the moon.
Suppose the earth is flat why would governments that are at war with each other work to gather to deceive us?
How can i test the shape of the earth myself?
Is the dome around the earth a solid dome or some sort of electromagnetic/energy field? got mixed answers in this.
There is a treaty for Antartica. Does anyone have the this documentation i cannot find it online?
Someone tell me how GPS works W/O satellites. All GPS antennas are on top of airplanes ruling out ground stations?

Re: Questions about flat earth
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 04:05:02 PM »
who deleted the response, i didn't get to read it in its entirety >:(

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 04:31:03 PM »
who deleted the response, i didn't get to read it in its entirety >:(

It was moved to the Complete Nonsense forum since it didn't actually provide any FE responses.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »
Seems a little one sided. I thought it was encouraged to have a debate here. How can one do so if the admins move/delete responses?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »
Seems a little one sided. I thought it was encouraged to have a debate here. How can one do so if the admins move/delete responses?

It's highly possible that the person deleted their own response (I know I've done it several times). I agree that the moderation sometimes seems a bit one sided but generally I feel like they are somewhat fair.

Depends on your definition of proof. Some people say yes. Some people say no. I'm personally in the no category.

Is there a reputable (Not Youtube) source to find peer reviewed scientific studies on the FE?

There have been a few books. The most popular being from samuel rowbotham.

I've never heard of an anti moon.

Suppose the earth is flat why would governments that are at war with each other work to gather to deceive us?

The map of the earth is a closely guarded military secret like the plans for an atom bomb or super weapon. They are not working together to deceive us. They are working alone to guard their own military secrets.

Here's 200 things you can test.

You can also stand on a beach and take a picture. The horizon is pretty flat.

Is the dome around the earth a solid dome or some sort of electromagnetic/energy field? got mixed answers in this.
There is a treaty for Antartica. Does anyone have the this documentation i cannot find it online?
Someone tell me how GPS works W/O satellites. All GPS antennas are on top of airplanes ruling out ground stations?

There are many different flat earth models.
-Some have a dome and some don't
-Some have an Antartica treaty and some don't.
-Some believe that Antarctica is a giant ice wall around the earth and some believe that Antarctica  is a continent
-Some Believe that GPS works off of balloons, towers, high flying aircraft
-Some believe that GPS works off of satellites from space.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:22:43 PM by iamcpc »

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 05:17:50 PM »
Fair enough, although I wouldn’t have expected this from a site dedicated to finding/promoting the truth. All well though. My questions still stand.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 05:24:33 PM »
Fair enough, although I wouldn’t have expected this from a site dedicated to finding/promoting the truth. All well though. My questions still stand.

Sorry I edited my previous response to try to answer some of your questions to the best of my ability. The only model of flat earth that i'm able to relate to is the infinite repeating plane flat earth model (no dome, no ice wall, no firmament). It's not very popular around here.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »

The only model of flat earth that i'm able to relate to is the infinite repeating plane flat earth model (no dome, no ice wall, no firmament). It's not very popular around here.
[/quote]

I'm a little confused. You think the earth is a repeating series of identical continents? If so, are there multiples of people as well?

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 05:58:51 PM »
I would not cite an Eric Dubay YouTube video as proof. Dudes a special kind of stupid.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »

I'm a little confused. You think the earth is a repeating series of identical continents? If so, are there multiples of people as well?

No. There is only one earth. One set of people.

Here are examples of an infinite repeating plane flat earth maps. Many of these maps are verified as accurate by hundreds of years of advancements in cartography and navigation. Yahoo maps is a very popular map an they represent the earth as a flat, infinitely repeating plane. I have personally driven and traveled across several continents and used flat infinite repeating plane maps such as apple maps, google maps, and yahoo maps to navigate accurately corroborating that they are accurate maps.

Please note that Google maps has very recently gone from an infinite repeating plane flat earth map to a globe map.

Round earth people refuse to accept these maps as accurate because the scale of the map changes based on the distance from the equator.

https://maps.yahoo.com/b/
suncalc.net
http://earth3dmap.com/

Go to yahoo maps and zoom all the way out. If you start a Russia and drag the map west you will wind up back at Russia. If you drag west 293857923875928739582739857 times you will still wind up back at Russia.

If you drag the map east from Russia 29837529837987 times the same thing happens. It's the same Russia one the same infinite repeating plane planet.

Mysfit

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »
Round earth people refuse to accept these maps as accurate because the scale of the map changes based on the distance from the equator.
I'm confused by this, they are considered as inaccurate by round earth folk, as they are not the correct shape/size when further from the equator.
That is inaccurate... isn't it?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 04:16:46 PM »
I'm confused by this, they are considered as inaccurate by round earth folk, as they are not the correct shape/size when further from the equator.

On yahoo maps the scale changes the further from the equator you go. Go ahead and test it. Zoom out and then zoom in on Alaska. You can see that the size of Alaska shown on the scale of Yahoo maps accurately matches the size of Alaska. Because parts of a map have different scales does not suddenly make the map inaccurate.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »
I don't think that gravity is an option with the 'official' flat earth paradigm, in my opinion.  Therefore, to keep all the earth's inhabitants from floating off into the void, a constant upwards acceleration is required.  Gravity can't be present or the sun and moon would be attracted to the flat earth.  Both would crash into the earth and make a big mess.  What I don't know is how the sun and moon are also being accelerated at the identical rate as the earth.  The earth is theoretically being accelerated by dark energy of some kind.  What isn't posted is whether that dark energy is pushing the earth, moon, and sun or pulling them.  Gravity is a force that depends on a bodies mutual mass and distance.  The earth, moon and sun are of much different sizes, according to the wiki. Therefore any dark energy must be a completely different kind of force otherwise the acceleration rates would be different.  If the dark energy pushes or pulls according to the area and mass, again you would expect a different acceleration rate.  If the dark energy can push on and accelerate the earth, moon and sun, then why doesn't it seem to act on people, planes, or ships in a measurable way?  Maybe the dark energy is the real cause for cancer.  That's just another avenue for researchers to work on.  After all x-rays have been shown to cause cancer.  Electromagnetic waves can cause damage to biological entities.  If you don't believe that, just put a cat into a microwave oven and see what happens. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline edby

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 12:32:05 PM »
Go to yahoo maps and zoom all the way out. If you start a Russia and drag the map west you will wind up back at Russia. If you drag west 293857923875928739582739857 times you will still wind up back at Russia.

If you drag the map east from Russia 29837529837987 times the same thing happens. It's the same Russia one the same infinite repeating plane planet.
So to each point on the planet there correspond infinitely many points on the map? And so the map has an infinite area? Fair enough, the map can be whatever you like, I suppose. But why do you  say infinite repeating plane planet? What is the area of this planet?

And as I have pointed out before, you still can't get over the problem that the actual distances on the planet, as measured by Google, e.g., are inconsistent with the geometry of a plane surface. Make some measurements and find out.

Mysfit

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 10:43:40 PM »

On yahoo maps the scale changes the further from the equator you go. Go ahead and test it. Zoom out and then zoom in on Alaska. You can see that the size of Alaska shown on the scale of Yahoo maps accurately matches the size of Alaska. Because parts of a map have different scales does not suddenly make the map inaccurate.
I think you're missing my point. If the scale has to change depending on how close you are to a certain point (points in this instance), then it is flawed.
Think of another object that would do this. You walk closer to a chair, and one of the legs gets shorter. Measurably so. That ain't normal.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 09:50:39 PM »
I think you're missing my point. If the scale has to change depending on how close you are to a certain point (points in this instance), then it is flawed.
Think of another object that would do this. You walk closer to a chair, and one of the legs gets shorter. Measurably so. That ain't normal.

I disagree 100%.

Assume that all the children in this picture are 3 feet tall. If you were going to display these on an interactive map there would be different scales based on where you were looking on this map.  If you zoomed in on the middle child the scale for the middle child would change based on where you were looking and how zoomed in you were to the kid. Because the scale changes based on what kid you zoom in on does not make the map any less or more accurate. If you are looking at the foreground child you can claim that, because the background child is only a few inches tall this map is inaccurate.

As I walk closer to the child in the background the scale changes

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:53:18 PM by iamcpc »

Offline edby

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 11:06:17 AM »

I disagree 100%.

Assume that all the children in this picture are 3 feet tall. If you were going to display these on an interactive map there would be different scales based on where you were looking on this map.  If you zoomed in on the middle child the scale for the middle child would change based on where you were looking and how zoomed in you were to the kid. Because the scale changes based on what kid you zoom in on does not make the map any less or more accurate. If you are looking at the foreground child you can claim that, because the background child is only a few inches tall this map is inaccurate.

As I walk closer to the child in the background the scale changes

It is relatively easy for the eye to determine the difference in scale, and in any case a picture is not a map.

But you have failed to address my point that the actual distances on the planet, as measured by Google, e.g., are inconsistent with the geometry of a plane surface.

Offline Pinky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »
On the better: I can prove that Universal Acceleration is wrong. If Universal Acceleration were correct, the starlight coming from directly above would be blueshifted (pretty hard, since FE is moving at near-light-speed in the UA-model). It would be blueshifted so far, that it would be beyond the the visible for the range for the human eye.

There are no peer-reviewed studies. However, there are non-peer-reviewed journals that are willing to print anything for money.

The answers to all of these questions are long-winded speculations how Earth could totally be flat as long as you imagine this and that and this and that.

MattyWS

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
With regards to flat earth maps displaying incorrect measurements, it seems no flat earther can answer this. It can be proven quite simply by measuring the distance across Australia compared to somewhere on the equator that flat earth maps are distorted because flat earth maps are projected from a spheroid onto a plane. How do any flat earthers here explain that obvious distortion on flat maps when you can test for yourself?

Thing I don't get is when questions start to get too hard to answer without admitting the earth is a ball, no one answers at all.  :-\

Also, saying the horizon is flat is not proof... if you look out from the surface of a ball of any kind, providing you're close enough to the surface, the horizon will always look flat. What you all expect to happen (curved horizon) could only happen if you're sat on a cylinder and you could see the end. I could even go as far as to make a 3D model in the exact sizes of earth and a person so you could all see for yourselves but you'd probably all write it off as fake evidence because it's cgi. :P

Offline edby

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 01:49:36 PM »
With regards to flat earth maps displaying incorrect measurements, it seems no flat earther can answer this. It can be proven quite simply by measuring the distance across Australia compared to somewhere on the equator that flat earth maps are distorted because flat earth maps are projected from a spheroid onto a plane. How do any flat earthers here explain that obvious distortion on flat maps when you can test for yourself?
The standard reply is that the assumption that 'flat earth maps are projected from a spheroid onto a plane' is question begging, i.e. relies on the very thing that had to be shown. Flat earthers agree that the standard map (the AE map) has distortions, but argue that the true FE map still has to be created.

This is more difficult to answer.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:54:58 PM by edby »