Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: What is beyond the ice wall?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »
Why is it that I've traveled extensively and never seen an edge? Or an army of boats guarding an edge? Maybe there is no "edge".

In an attempt to answer your questions, perhaps a slim possibility, but maybe the earth is a globe.

Literally millions of people, myself included, have traveled to parts of the world where in your model, some sort of teleportation would need to have occurred. I guess the argument would be that this teleportation would be seamless, completely un-observable. So, in short, I can only gather that your model belief is faith based and not science/in real life based. Is that an accurate statement?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 08:12:24 PM »
Why is it that I've traveled extensively and never seen an edge? Or an army of boats guarding an edge? Maybe there is no "edge".

In an attempt to answer your questions, perhaps a slim possibility, but maybe the earth is a globe.

Literally millions of people, myself included, have traveled to parts of the world where in your model, some sort of teleportation would need to have occurred. I guess the argument would be that this teleportation would be seamless, completely un-observable. So, in short, I can only gather that your model belief is faith based and not science/in real life based. Is that an accurate statement?

It's not teleportation. It's like an omnidirectional treadmill. My model is based on real life measurements, navigation, observations and experiences. If a theory based on measurements, observations, cartography, navigation and experiences (not only of myself but millions and millions of people) is "faith" based then what is considered a model that is not "faith" based

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 08:19:49 PM »

Is there a map style you prefer for the explored portion of the world?  AE or bi-polar?  Something else?

There are many flat earthers who believe things like "No accurate map of the earth exists" or "the distance between new york and paris is unknown". I 100% disagree with this. I believe there are accurate maps of the earth.

Google maps used to have the earth mapped in two different ways.

1. As a sphere.
2. As an infinite omnidrectional flat plane

Google maps provides a TON of evidence supporting their claims for distances and measurements. I have personally driven around North America and South America and corroborated a significant sample of these these distances and measurements to be pretty accurate. So the on the infinite flat plane map the map could be both flat and accurate.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 08:27:08 PM »
It's not teleportation. It's like an omnidirectional treadmill. My model is based on real life measurements, navigation, observations and experiences.

How do your real life measurements, navigation, observations and experiences manifest into an 'omnidirectional treadmill'?

HorstFue

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »
There are many flat earthers who believe things like "No accurate map of the earth exists" or "the distance between new york and paris is unknown". I 100% disagree with this. I believe there are accurate maps of the earth.
... accurate maps of a globe earth. Google maps gives all positions in spherical coordinates. With these coordinates it's an easy job - with spherical trigonometry - to calculate the distance.

Google maps used to have the earth mapped in two different ways.

1. As a sphere.
2. As an infinite omnidrectional flat plane
Number 2) is a Mercator Projection of a Globe. Don't know what you exactly mean by "omnidirectional", but North and South Pole on the Mercator map are [math] singularities. These ends are "undefined".
Didn't you notice, that on large scale Google maps (e.g. overview of total world) the scale is changing within the map?
(which e.g. lets Greenland appear as big as Africa)
If earth were flat, there would be no need for a projection like Mercator and no need, to vary map scale within the same map.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 10:17:54 PM »
It's not teleportation. It's like an omnidirectional treadmill. My model is based on real life measurements, navigation, observations and experiences.

How do your real life measurements, navigation, observations and experiences manifest into an 'omnidirectional treadmill'?

Here is the flat earth Model that I believe in:
http://earth3dmap.com/

At any glance anyone can see this and see that this is a map of the earth corroborated by hundreds of thousands of people traveling between these locations, shipping goods between these locations. As well as by modern navigation and cartography systems. Notice when i start at America and drag the map west. I arrive back and America. Is this a different America than the one I started at? No. It's the same one. Go ahead and drag the map west 293857298375 times. Notice how the plane repeats an infinite number of times and you always arrive back at America?

Here is an example. Measurements, navigation, observations, travel times, shipping times, and experiences do not support the flat earth model in the image on my post about flight times:

A simple internet search will show the distance between Santiago and Sydney is about 7,000 miles.
(about a 14 hour flight)

The distance between LA and Sydney is about 7,500 miles.
(about a 15 hour flight)

These rough distances and travel times have been corroborated by hundreds of thousands of people traveling between these locations, shipping goods between these locations. As well as by modern navigation and cartography systems.

This flat earth model can't possibly be correct without saying that travel times, shipping times, cartography, and navigation systems are all wrong or are all producing fake data.

You can clearly see that travel and shipping times between LA/Sydney should be MUCH LESS than the travel/shipping times between Santiago/Sydney which is a dramatic conflict between Measurements, navigation, observations, travel times, shipping times, and experiences by hundreds of thousands of people.

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9213.0
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:39:44 PM by iamcpc »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 10:48:27 PM »

In this model, what happens if I fly due north up and over the pole?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 11:35:33 PM »

In this model, what happens if I fly due north up and over the pole?

The exact same that that we have observed to happen. You would travel due north. Reach the north pole then no matter where you go would be considered south.

as a rough approximation you went north from Greenland you would reach the north pole then be heading south into Russia.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 12:21:59 AM »
The exact same that that we have observed to happen. You would travel due north. Reach the north pole then no matter where you go would be considered south.
as a rough approximation you went north from Greenland you would reach the north pole then be heading south into Russia.

A couple of thoughts. If it's the same thing that is observed to happen then why can't the earth just be a globe? Seems like a simpler solution. Why does it have to be flat and have some unexplained mechanism for omnidirectional treadmill like movement? At a minimum, we can readily explain globe travel, everything is calculated around the idea. Take for example, an NYC to Hong Kong flight. On your flat map, it would fly in a straight line. On a globe, it flies via a great circle route, b/c that's shorter, faster, less fuel consumption, cheaper meaning higher profit. Here's one from a couple of days ago. See what I mean?

Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 02:03:43 AM »
The flat earth model that I most relate to is that the earth is an infinitely repeating plane with no ice wall.

Would you say then that an infinitely repeating plane has an infinite diameter?  What is your view on gravity in this model?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »
I believe that beyond the ice wall there is vast amounts of alternate realities  ???

Offline MCToon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 02:09:51 PM »

That map is not accurate.  Greenland is too wide, getting more exaggerated farther north.  The same for other northern and southern elements.

I love this site, it's a fantastic collection of evidence of a spherical earth:
Flight times
Full moon
Horizon eye level drops
Sinking ship effect

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 03:20:05 PM »
I believe that beyond the ice wall there is vast amounts of alternate realities  ???

Based on your username, I am going to go ahead and assume you are being disingenuous.

Do me a favor and refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2018, 04:00:12 PM »

Based on your username, I am going to go ahead and assume you are being disingenuous.

Do me a favor and refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

Genuine Question....

Why is: "What I say is that beyond ice barrier is believed to be the outside of the dome."

ok to post, but the posting:

"I believe that beyond the ice wall there is vast amounts of alternate realities"

is considered a low content posting. Is it about the username?

I was thinking posting some ideas about the wall but didn't want to jeopardize my perfect record of no warnings (only sent to lower foras once.)

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline MCToon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »

At any glance anyone can see this and see that this is a map of the earth corroborated by hundreds of thousands of people traveling between these locations, shipping goods between these locations. As well as by modern navigation and cartography systems. Notice when i start at America and drag the map west. I arrive back and America. Is this a different America than the one I started at? No. It's the same one. Go ahead and drag the map west 293857298375 times. Notice how the plane repeats an infinite number of times and you always arrive back at America?

Here is an example. Measurements, navigation, observations, travel times, shipping times, and experiences do not support the flat earth model in the image on my post about flight times:

A simple internet search will show the distance between Santiago and Sydney is about 7,000 miles.
(about a 14 hour flight)

(about a 15 hour flight)

These rough distances and travel times have been corroborated by hundreds of thousands of people traveling between these locations, shipping goods between these locations. As well as by modern navigation and cartography systems.

This flat earth model can't possibly be correct without saying that travel times, shipping times, cartography, and navigation systems are all wrong or are all producing fake data.

You can clearly see that travel and shipping times between LA/Sydney should be MUCH LESS than the travel/shipping times between Santiago/Sydney which is a dramatic conflict between Measurements, navigation, observations, travel times, shipping times, and experiences by hundreds of thousands of people.

I like what you're saying here.  The AE map and variants don't work unless there's a huge quantity of people lying about all sorts of things.

The flat map of the earth from earth3dmap.com doesn't either if it were an accurate representation of a flat earth.  Flights don't take straight paths on this map either.  Long flights that are sufficiently north-north or south-south make huge curves.  These curves take significantly longer, thus more fuel, more expense.

See the post by Bad Puppy or here's post on Eugene Kaspersky's blog talking about his flight:
ttps://eugene.kaspersky.com/2015/09/09/the-santiago-sydney-antarctic-smile-qf28/

Here's the flight path:

Flight times
Full moon
Horizon eye level drops
Sinking ship effect

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
Genuine Question....

Why is: "What I say is that beyond ice barrier is believed to be the outside of the dome."

ok to post, but the posting:

"I believe that beyond the ice wall there is vast amounts of alternate realities"

is considered a low content posting. Is it about the username?

I was thinking posting some ideas about the wall but didn't want to jeopardize my perfect record of no warnings (only sent to lower foras once.)

Purely based on a new user with a username that indicates they aren't actually interested in FET (and also based their one other post). I would be surprised if said user ever comes back (as we get a lot of 'drivebys'). If someone genuinely held this belief, then it would be open for debate/discussion and that person could defend it as long as they do so in good faith. Most of your posts seem to be somewhat sincere, so you won't have an issue as long as you follow the rules.

Offline MCToon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2018, 11:29:21 PM »

(about a 14 hour flight)

(about a 15 hour flight)

I like what you're saying here.  The AE map and variants don't work unless there's a huge quantity of people lying about all sorts of things.

The flat map of the earth from earth3dmap.com doesn't either if it were an accurate representation of a flat earth.  Flights don't take straight paths on this map either.  Long flights that are sufficiently north-north or south-south make huge curves.  These curves take significantly longer, thus more fuel, more expense.

See the post by Bad Puppy or here's post on Eugene Kaspersky's blog talking about his flight:
ttps://eugene.kaspersky.com/2015/09/09/the-santiago-sydney-antarctic-smile-qf28/

Here's the flight path:

To add on to the map presented on earth3dmap.com, you will find the sam distance problems as in the flights between Sydney and Santiago and LA and Sydney.  These will be more difficult to find as there are not many flights between Etah
Greenland and Komsomolets Island in Russia so fewer people to corroborate the distance.  However, I'll give an example of how the scale doesn't work.

Etah Greenland is very closely directly north of Boston, MA.  Boston, is about 42 degrees north.
Komsomolets Island is very closely directly north of Hami Xinjiang, China.  Hami is about 42.5 degrees north. 

Etah Greenland: 78°18′50″N 72°36′35″W
Komsomolets Island: 80°29′03″N 94°59′47″E

Boston, MA: 42°21′29″N 71°03′49″W
Hami Xinjiang, China: 42°50′19″N 93°30′15″E

We have two pairs of locations that are approximately the same distance apart on the map displayed on earth3dmap.com

Google maps gives a distance from Etah Greenland to Komsomolets Island of about 1,472 miles great circle, 2,076 miles when I manually add points to mostly follow the lattitude.
Google maps gives a distance from Boston to Hami of about 6,471 miles great circle route, 8,500 miles miles when I manually add points to mostly follow the lattitude.

The map on earth3dmap.com gives a greatly distorted map the farther north and south you go.  It's just a projection of a globe onto a flat map, this does not this reflect reality.

Flight times
Full moon
Horizon eye level drops
Sinking ship effect

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 07:52:16 PM »

Is there a map style you prefer for the explored portion of the world?  AE or bi-polar?  Something else?

One like this kinda:

Because of it's ability to kind of show my idea of an infinite repeating plane.

Google maps was the best at this but they switched from a flat plane 2d view to a globe view.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 08:03:47 PM »

One like this kinda:

Google maps was the best at this but they switched from a flat plane 2d view to a globe view.

This view still introduces a host of issues. Repeating continents means that I am standing on an infinite number of North Americas at the same time? Are there an infinite number of moons and suns? If I fly west to Australia and you fly east to Australia are we on the same Australia? If so, what are the mechanics that make this work?

Offline MCToon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 12:48:42 PM »

One like this kinda:

Could you have a look at my post detailing the distance pair between two location at similar longitudes but different latitudes?  I welcome your response.
Flight times
Full moon
Horizon eye level drops
Sinking ship effect