Recent Posts

Flat Earth Theory / Re: Increased gravity at the poles?
« Last post by edby on Today at 10:30:25 AM »
And here is the same type of data for Africa between latitudes of 35 and 17 South. Note I have NOT corrected for elevation so far. As we know, celestial gravitation (the attraction of earthly bodies to sun, moon or stars) will interfere with universal acceleration.

Note again how acceleration increases as we move from the equator. The cause of this phenomenon is as yet unknown. Tom Bishop says it could be a form of gravitation arising from objects above or below the earth. I have surmised it is caused by a form of Dark Energy.

Data provided by National Centers for Environmental Information.
Aside from Thork trying to LARP a 16-year-old, what are your thoughts on this? The consensus seems that we shouldn't be making any strong statements, but does that mean staying completely silent, or just clarifying that the conference is not connected to FET and that our society has not been in contact with LP?

I propose the latter, since people are already asking these questions on Twitter. Might be good to pre-empt any potentially misleading news articles.

If it were me, my society, the latter, for sure. B/c it's a solidly true statement, and a better message to get out in front of it, rather than lag.
Aside from Thork trying to LARP a 16-year-old, what are your thoughts on this? The consensus seems that we shouldn't be making any strong statements, but does that mean staying completely silent, or just clarifying that the conference is not connected to FET and that our society has not been in contact with LP?

I propose the latter, since people are already asking these questions on Twitter. Might be good to pre-empt any potentially misleading news articles.
Flat Earth Theory / Re: How does Earth get between the Moon & Sun in FET?
« Last post by stack on Today at 07:37:17 AM »
There's another huge problem with FET according to the FAQ section in the Wiki.  The sun changes it's orbital diameter in the different seasons.  You can see that on the nice diagram.  When you go from a smaller diameter circle to a larger diameter circle you have to speed up the sun in order to keep the same orbital time (length of day).  This would require some kind of a retro-rocket.  The opposite would be true when going from a larger diameter orbit to a smaller one.  The retro-rocket would have to fire in the opposite direction to slow the sun down.  I'm assuming that the sun has some mass.  However I haven't been able to find a figure for the mass of the sun under the FET model.  Since the sun has to have some mass it would take a specific amount of time to change the orbital diameter.  More thrust means a shorter time to change orbits.  All of this would have to be accounted for in any kind of diagram showing the timing of an eclipse.  Additionally since the sun has some kind of mass it would require a force to keep it in an orbital path.  Could this be some kind of gravitational attraction between the sun and another body?  Maybe the shadow body is somehow involved.  Again I am going on very little information and having to make some educated guesses.  It sure would help to have some kind of reading on the speculated mass of the sun under this FET model so some accurate predictions could be arrived at for an eclipse.

Does the needle of a record player change its rotational rate when it travels towards the center?

Yes.

The record is not rotating, like flat earth. The needle, like the flat earth sun, needs to travel around the record. Here it is explained using the example of a stationary record with a traveling needle:

"But, when the record is stationary and you are using a cute little device to run around the grooves, the device would have to “know” whether it is an outer groove (where the correct linear speed is about 20 inches per second) or an inner groove (where the correct linear speed is about 9 inches per second) and adjust its travel speed accordingly in order to play at the proper pitch. This would be quite a difficult engineering project; it’s far more likely that the device runs at a constant speed (perhaps with a manual adjustment) in the hopes that it doesn’t sound too bad over the course of a single track."

There's another huge problem with FET according to the FAQ section in the Wiki.  The sun changes it's orbital diameter in the different seasons.  You can see that on the nice diagram.  When you go from a smaller diameter circle to a larger diameter circle you have to speed up the sun in order to keep the same orbital time (length of day).  This would require some kind of a retro-rocket.  The opposite would be true when going from a larger diameter orbit to a smaller one.  The retro-rocket would have to fire in the opposite direction to slow the sun down.  I'm assuming that the sun has some mass.  However I haven't been able to find a figure for the mass of the sun under the FET model.  Since the sun has to have some mass it would take a specific amount of time to change the orbital diameter.  More thrust means a shorter time to change orbits.  All of this would have to be accounted for in any kind of diagram showing the timing of an eclipse.  Additionally since the sun has some kind of mass it would require a force to keep it in an orbital path.  Could this be some kind of gravitational attraction between the sun and another body?  Maybe the shadow body is somehow involved.  Again I am going on very little information and having to make some educated guesses.  It sure would help to have some kind of reading on the speculated mass of the sun under this FET model so some accurate predictions could be arrived at for an eclipse.

Does the needle of a record player change its rotational rate when it travels towards the center?

Also the moon or the sun, or both, would have to change speeds to catch up to one another to line up and change altitudes so the moon could pass under the sun. Which brings up a whole new set of questions.
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Irrefutable Proof of Curvature
« Last post by Curiosity File on Today at 06:17:11 AM »
None of your posts have been deleted. They have been moved, and it was explained why each time. Go look at your own posts, and maybe learn how to use the forum (or ask if you need help).

Post are being deleted, Not moved, I just had one removed from this thread. Only explanation is it was spam. I had one on another thread deleted but after searching the URL I found that I somehow linked an add instead of a link to the article I wanted to post. My accident or maybe computer URL error? IDK.
I pointed that out on this thread in the post that got deleted, that I thought it must a BOT doing the deleting and sending Email warring without explanation. Because there was no moderator name to respond to or a way to read the post that was deleted.  This time or the other time
Personally I don't think I said anything that warranted being deleted and certainly didn't post a link to anything much less spam.
usually you see a warning and explanation on the post in the public thread. What's going on? In this case I cant even see the post to see what I might have said wrong.

« Last post by RonJ on Today at 05:56:06 AM »
If someone does make a diagram showing this, keep in mind there are verifiable solar eclipse maps showing the paths of the eclipse' shadows, so you'd have to make sure the sun and moon are perfectly lined up to these maps.
« Last post by JCM on Today at 05:08:46 AM »
Thanks RonJ for your in depth respons and I do like your perspective.
I think my fist question has been answered. FET doesn't believe the earth ever get between the moon & sun. Of course it couldn't because that would me FET is wrong in so many ways. Instead it's an invisible object.

So lets move on to my 2nd question from my OP.
 how does FET explain
#1 Earth between Moon & Sun?
#2 Moon between Earth & Sun?

We know without a shadow of doubt it's not a shadow object, it's the moon that passes in front of the sun, covering the sun in total solar eclipse, casts a very small shadow on the surface of the earth for a very short time and distance.
How does FET explain what we physically observe?

FEH has no problems with the solar eclipse having the moon cover the sun. How many times will I have to repeat this in a single thread.....

You saying it doesn't make the problem go away.  In order for the moon to block the sun in FEH, the moon also needs to follow the same seasonal adjusted rings as the sun speeding up as it approaches the tropic of capricorn and slowing down as it approaches tropic of cancer.  This is an obvious massive flaw in the design as

1. The moon travels near  the same angular velocity as the sun, neither speeding or slowing down to match the changes in distance traveled.

2. The moons path through the sky does not mirror the shifting north then south that we see in the sun.  The moon cannot block the sun with FEH unless it is in the same path as the sun.   If the FEH is correct, they should mirror each other, and they absolutely do not! No where near.   FEH destroyed by its own wiki.