Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #11180 on: February 13, 2024, 12:23:22 PM »
Oh no, they publicly displayed the DNC's very weird emails where you learned that the DNC was corrupt! Good thing you made sure to just get mad at Russia about it instead of trying to fix any corruption.

That's completely irrelevant and you know it. Putin did not target the DNC and release their emails out of a sense of altruism or opposition to corruption. He did it to pursue his own political agenda, one that happens to be deeply hostile to America and its interests. That's election interference. The fact that you personally don't care about it and don't think it should be a crime (something that you have in common with Trump) doesn't change the fact that it is a crime and it is something that this nation takes very seriously. Never mind the fact that if the DNC did not rig the primary tto begin with, there would have been nothing to disclose. "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"
FTFY
I'm more interested in why thats something you think is bad?
By rigging it for Clinton, Trump was able to win.
The DNC intentionally made sure Trump would win!
ITT^LD asking why rigged elections are bad and querying why the DNC would want to make sure a lifelong Democrat (aka TRUMP) would win.
Technically the primary wasn't rigged, the DNC promoted one candidate over others.

Kinda like how the RNC kept Trump from being primaries in 2020.
ITT^LD claims revisionist history and opinion articles count more than actual live events.

Oh, so your history is that the democrats rigged the 2016 election so Trump would win?
Actual history is that elections are rigged.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: February 13, 2024, 12:25:47 PM »
Well, you should because wars are, in general a bad thing.
Seems you want everyone to be involved in one, though.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: February 13, 2024, 12:39:06 PM »
Oh no, they publicly displayed the DNC's very weird emails where you learned that the DNC was corrupt! Good thing you made sure to just get mad at Russia about it instead of trying to fix any corruption.

That's completely irrelevant and you know it. Putin did not target the DNC and release their emails out of a sense of altruism or opposition to corruption. He did it to pursue his own political agenda, one that happens to be deeply hostile to America and its interests. That's election interference. The fact that you personally don't care about it and don't think it should be a crime (something that you have in common with Trump) doesn't change the fact that it is a crime and it is something that this nation takes very seriously. Never mind the fact that if the DNC did not rig the primary tto begin with, there would have been nothing to disclose. "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"
FTFY
I'm more interested in why thats something you think is bad?
By rigging it for Clinton, Trump was able to win.
The DNC intentionally made sure Trump would win!
ITT^LD asking why rigged elections are bad and querying why the DNC would want to make sure a lifelong Democrat (aka TRUMP) would win.
Technically the primary wasn't rigged, the DNC promoted one candidate over others.

Kinda like how the RNC kept Trump from being primaries in 2020.
ITT^LD claims revisionist history and opinion articles count more than actual live events.

Oh, so your history is that the democrats rigged the 2016 election so Trump would win?
Some are, yes.  Would you like to point out the relevant ones?  Or is every election ever rigged?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: February 13, 2024, 02:31:01 PM »
And you got that from me thinking it's bad that Trump said that he'd "encourage" nations to invade countries who don't pay their NATO subs, did you? Interesting take.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: February 13, 2024, 04:54:39 PM »
Trump is not the first conservative to question the value of NATO. In fact, he mostly gets his opinions from pre-existing positions that have existed for at least a decade prior. Rush Limbaugh and others have echoed all of his general sentiments years ago.

At this point there are no deep cultural ties between America and most of the NATO countries, such as Estonia and many others. It is a service. If some people want to abuse the service by using military resources and not paying, then they are deserving of rejection and even animosity for wasting the resources that are necessary to protect others. Trump has touched on the animosity a bit, and I agree with him.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: February 13, 2024, 05:48:56 PM »
And you got that from me thinking it's bad that Trump said that he'd "encourage" nations to invade countries who don't pay their NATO subs, did you? Interesting take.
No, I got that from your written support for all of the current proxy wars being waged across the globe and other expressed support for what amounts to war through terror.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: February 13, 2024, 05:53:17 PM »
Some are, yes.  Would you like to point out the relevant ones?  Or is every election ever rigged?
I am relatively sure you do not understand the definition of relevance, only to then claim that some elections are not somehow relevant, given your attempt to recast the rigged 2016 Democrat primary as "technically not rigged."

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: February 13, 2024, 07:45:12 PM »
I am relatively sure you do not understand the definition of relevance, only to then claim that some elections are not somehow relevant, given your attempt to recast the rigged 2016 Democrat primary as "technically not rigged."

You tell me how I'm supposed to interprite this.  All elections, only American elections?  Only elections where Trump ran?

And I say technically because they didn't change the results, did they?  They simply backed Clinton before the primary results.  A bad move on their part.

Much like how the RNC is backing Trump before he's the nominee.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: February 13, 2024, 08:42:34 PM »

You tell me how I'm supposed to interprite this.  All elections, only American elections?  Only elections where Trump ran?

And I say technically because they didn't change the results, did they?  They simply backed Clinton before the primary results.  A bad move on their part.

Much like how the RNC is backing Trump before he's the nominee.

That is the statement.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: February 13, 2024, 08:49:57 PM »
Which ones?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11190 on: February 13, 2024, 11:15:03 PM »
Oh my God, Dave, just let it go. These tête-à-têtes with him never go anywhere.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: February 14, 2024, 05:52:01 AM »
By the nature of how this NATO military funding works, if you are not giving then you are stealing. So yes, then Russia can invade the theives.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: February 14, 2024, 05:55:29 AM »
Oh my God, Dave, just let it go. These tête-à-têtes with him never go anywhere.
He fuels my hate, giving me the strength to vote Democrat.

Offline Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: February 14, 2024, 06:59:02 AM »
Quite a few people here who don't understand how NATO works, is funded, or the difference between state's own defence budgets and NATO contributions.

Nobody owes outstanding money to NATO. There are not a lot of unpaid NATO invoices lying around in offices in Europe.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11194 on: February 14, 2024, 11:41:42 AM »
Quite a few people here who don't understand how NATO works, is funded, or the difference between state's own defence budgets and NATO contributions.

Nobody owes outstanding money to NATO. There are not a lot of unpaid NATO invoices lying around in offices in Europe.
I would think not. Most European governments probably just shred the envelope without even looking at the invoice inside.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: February 14, 2024, 02:28:43 PM »
Trump has touched on the animosity a bit, and I agree with him.
Cult member agrees with what cult leader says and tells him to think shock exclusive.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: February 14, 2024, 04:00:32 PM »
Not sure why you are simping for these people. I have not seen any evidence from you that NATO alliances are sacrosanct. They are hanger-ons, hoping to take advantage of others for their own benefit. If they are stealing from NATO by getting benefit and not paying then they can get invaded for all I care.

« Reply #11197 on: February 15, 2024, 01:56:10 PM »
tell me you don't understand what NATO does without telling me you don't understand NATO does
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: February 15, 2024, 03:13:56 PM »
NATO was created to balance the geopolitical power against a nation that dissolved over 30 years ago. Now it exists for the US to subsidize the EU's defense budget. It's pathetic that the EU still needs it, and it does still need it, but that doesn't mean we should keep bothering with it.

The last time Trump told Germany to increase their defense budget, they literally laughed at him. In my opinion, maybe the EU really does need a Russian invasion as a wake-up call that they don't live in a magical fantasy utopia where big brother US will protect them forever. The current state of the EU's defense forces is a joke, collectively their economy is many times larger than Russia's, yet their conventional military is barely a quarter of Russia's.

Hell, we had to blow up the Nordstream pipeline just to stop Germany from giving Putin more money! How long must the US protect Europeans from themselves. Forever? Were two world wars not enough to teach them their lesson?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 04:08:54 PM by Rushy »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11199 on: February 15, 2024, 04:18:57 PM »
That's completely irrelevant and you know it. Putin did not target the DNC and release their emails out of a sense of altruism or opposition to corruption. He did it to pursue his own political agenda, one that happens to be deeply hostile to America and its interests. That's election interference. The fact that you personally don't care about it and don't think it should be a crime (something that you have in common with Trump) doesn't change the fact that it is a crime and it is something that this nation takes very seriously.

Ah, yes, corruption in the DNC is irrelevant. What is relevant is how the corruption was revealed!

It's like when you catch someone cheating on you and they get mad you were looking at their phone. The DNC was, and still is, corrupt, but you do not care about that. They rugpulled Bernie Sanders, a politician you supposedly liked, but still, you do not care. It's fascinating, really. When given blatant evidence that the people you voted for rigged the game so that you have to vote for them, you don't mind all that much.

You see, we've successfully bamboozled the American public into voting between two old-ass neocons. Trump? Biden? You won't notice the difference. It doesn't matter who you vote for, you're getting an old neocon either way! Face it, the elites have checkmated America in a way so fabulous that it can't help but be lauded. Even given evidence of them doing it, you still won't care. It's a masterpiece of political engineering.