Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
What this forum stands for
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »
Until we get some more specific forum rules (hopefully later this week) to codify this, there's one particular point I'd like to emphasise.

On the old FES forum, there was frequently a drive to put the Society's public image first, or to encourage the registration of new members, both sometimes at the expense of the existing user base. I don't think that's how a forum community should work. This forum is going to be, first and foremost, about making every member who wants to be here feel welcome -- provided they abide by the rules and respect the right of others to feel comfortable here.

I won't turn away unpopular members from .org simply because they have annoyed people. They are a part of the community, and until such time as they begin disrespecting the rights of others, they are just as welcome as anyone else. The moment we begin discriminating based on how much we like someone is the moment we begin to fracture our community, and I don't want that to happen here the way it has happened on .org.

So please, try to be patient and tolerant of others, and remember that by treating others with respect, you ensure that your own place in this community will be protected by the friendly staff here at .sjm.so.

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:27:51 PM by pizaaplanet »
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Re: What this forum stands for
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »
Wisest and fairest king since Solomon.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »
Makin' this post a little bit more prominent to stop people from asking silly questions.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:06:35 AM »
All hail Parsifal.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:36:07 AM »
Am I still allowed to express if I hate someone? Because I really hate Thork. Fuck him.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
Am I still allowed to express if I hate someone? Because I really hate Thork. Fuck him.

This forum isn't going to enforce being all goody two-shoes. I don't think anyone here wants that. As long as you keep it within reason and are respectful, that's fine.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »

This forum isn't going to enforce being all goody two-shoes. I don't think anyone here wants that. As long as you keep it within reason and are respectful, that's fine.
Fuck you, my good sir. You are a god damn faggot, I must say. Now good day to you, sir!

Respectful like this?
The Mastery.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »
Fuck you, my good sir. You are a god damn faggot, I must say. Now good day to you, sir!

Respectful like this?

Yes, but please keep the throwaway insults to the lower fora. We still have standards to maintain up here in Announcements.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:30:54 PM »
Sure.
The Mastery.

Thork

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »
But I'm a really nice guy. You went on a walk with Thork before right? I'm a lovely sensitive man. I have issues of course, but being an oddball is the reason I fit in with all of you. :'(

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 10:35:59 PM »
But I'm a really nice guy. You went on a walk with Thork before right? I'm a lovely sensitive man. I have issues of course, but being an oddball is the reason I fit in with all of you. :'(
Ya know Thork, you have started to win me over. I mean, you posted a song from the South Park movie on the .org site, and I giggled for a good five minutes about it.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Thork

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »
Ya know Thork, you have started to win me over. I mean, you posted a song from the South Park movie on the .org site, and I giggled for a good five minutes about it.
Twats still didn't make me a mod though, did they? >:(

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 04:42:28 AM »
Twats still didn't make me a mod though, did they? >:(

You don't deserve the power.  Ha ha ha.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)