Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Google Self Driving Car
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »
These are skynet cars.
I was thinking the other day that Google is Skynet. Google Glass and now these cars. They'll be spying on us constantly.
Its way worse than that.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/16/technology/google-boston-dynamics-robots/index.html

Google is definitely Skynet.

When I first saw these, the first thing I thought was what would be the best way to destroy one. You can't tip them over, but the engine is exposed, so it would probably be taken out with a rifle round or two. The final versions will probably have some type of armor plating though. I hate to see how advanced they'll be in ten years.
I'd imagine a strong magnetic field above it would do the job.
Or just an EMP.

Yea, that's a smart idea. Then you fry your electronics too. Or you could just shoot it.
1. Assuming you have electronics on you when fighting this thing.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
Or you could just shoot it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2014, 10:59:45 PM »
But if that thing can carry hundreds of pounds, what's to keep it from being built with very thick armor that's impenetrable to anything but anti-tank weapons?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2014, 11:00:33 PM »

The NRA is defeated in 2019 and the Liberal Communist Fascist government deactivates all guns.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2014, 12:52:31 AM »

You saying "just shoot it" is the equivalent of the Polish trying to run down German tanks with cavalry and spears.  It will be laughably ineffective.