Ghost of V

Re: Atheism vs. religion
« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2014, 08:01:05 PM »
Your God is a miserable excuse for a deity. He should snap himself out of existence. Can he do that?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 03, 2014, 08:10:53 PM »
Who wants a fucking Mary Sue as a God anyway?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
Omnipresence is often considered part of being omnipotent. But fine, lets use all 4. As for why God allows shit things to happen to good people, its just the way things are. Then he carries out divine justice to equalise things. It all goes back to free will. W/o it, we are robots

« Reply #343 on: June 03, 2014, 08:26:09 PM »
Omnipresence is often considered part of being omnipotent. But fine, lets use all 4. As for why God allows shit things to happen to good people, its just the way things are. Then he carries out divine justice to equalise things. It all goes back to free will. W/o it, we are robots

Does god carry out divine justice on himself when he kills lots of babies, as described in the OT?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 03, 2014, 08:32:32 PM »

Does god carry out divine justice on himself when he kills lots of babies, as described in the OT?

His Grace truly works in mysterious ways.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 03, 2014, 10:38:05 PM »

Yeah, he crucifies himself.

Rama Set

« Reply #346 on: June 03, 2014, 10:40:07 PM »

But that was for the sins of mankind, not for anything God did wrong.

Ghost of V

« Reply #347 on: June 03, 2014, 10:41:16 PM »

God did wrong because of the sins of mankind. So obviously he had to kill himself to fix the problem, right?

Offline Shmeggley

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »

God did wrong because of the sins of mankind. So obviously he had to kill himself to fix the problem, right?

1.) Create universe
2.) Create humans with capability to do evil (even though you hate evil) and foreknowledge that they will do evil
3.) Get mad at humans for being evil and curse them forever
4.) Watch as humans continue to do evil
5.) Get mad again and kill all but 8 humans and most of the rest of life on Earth
6.) Send your son (who is also you) to Earth to spread the word of how awesome you are
7.) Kill yourself
8.) Resurrect yourself
9.) Hide

Skip steps 6-8 for the chosen people

Sounds like the perfect plan.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:55:36 PM by Shmeggley »

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2014, 10:46:41 PM »

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Ghost of V

« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2014, 10:51:10 PM »
I wish we had a christian here so we could debate with him/her. Jew debates are getting tired.

If God killed himself, wouldn't that be considered suicide? Is God in Hell?

Upon further investigation, I found this. God did indeed go to hell, but CQC battled his way out.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:53:16 PM by Vauxhall »

« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »

Without free will, we are just robots, with free will, shit things happen to good people. In Heaven, shit things don't happen to good people, therefore, no free will in Heaven?
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #352 on: June 04, 2014, 12:40:04 AM »
Greeting: I must leave the debate for a time. In addition to single-handedly debating 5-6 persons
(rather well, I think), I am getting married, moving, & dealing w/ the eternal dysfunction that is my family of origin. I am not surrendering, merely posting a truce. I'll still follow the posts, but won't respond for a bit. I'll be back, though.

« Reply #353 on: June 04, 2014, 05:11:49 AM »
Congrats on the marriage and beginning your next phase! You're not the first person to do this on tfes.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 04, 2014, 05:27:43 AM »
The Mastery.

Eddy Baby

« Reply #355 on: June 04, 2014, 09:14:54 AM »
Not more sad beadro

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 04, 2014, 12:03:58 PM »
No offense, but Judaism sounds like magic and superstition to me.  Actually, most religions do. 

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 04, 2014, 12:50:58 PM »
Yes. There's no need for religion in this day and age. Absolutely none.
The Mastery.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2014, 02:28:01 PM »
beardo seems like his only religion is gay/fag.  I might be wrong, though. 

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »
Not even that is my religion. So yes, you are wrong.
The Mastery.