Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2021, 01:04:46 PM »
That's fairly accurate. But the thing I've been looking at in the UK is all cause mortality, there were two big spikes above the average during the two waves of the virus. That tells me that there's something going on which isn't typical.
Overall the CFR (Case Fatality Rate) from Covid is around 1%. Greatly skewed towards older people, granted, but I was talking to a doctor recently who works in intensive care and he was telling me that over the last winter many of the people in hospital with Covid were in their 40s and 50s. So younger people can still get very ill.

The people in their 40's and 50's had a chronic illness like cancer. It is fairly established that the people dying are either elderly or they had a serious pre-existing issue. There are plenty of articles on that. That those numbers are people in their 40's and 50's tells the story all by itself. Not many children and teenagers and 20-somethings dying of this disease. They are far less likely to have a chronic health condition than someone in their 40's or 50's.

And VAERS is a website where literally anyone can report an Adverse Event.
And of course significantly more people have been vaccinated than have ever caught Covid.

So...I'm not sure what point you think you're making here.

Actually VAERS is a website where you need to provide detailed personal information to submit a report, where doctors are required by law to report the adverse effects to the vaccines to VAERS, and where submitting a false report is highly illegal.

It says so right on the website:

https://vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html

"Knowingly filing a false VAERS report is a violation of Federal law (18 U.S. Code § 1001) punishable by fine and imprisonment."

The CDC has removed false reports in the past.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/05/09/fact-check-no-evidence-2-year-old-died-covid-vaccine/4971367001/

The CDC said the report was removed from the VAERS database for being "completely made up."

They remove reports. So they are policing it. On the other side, a hospital could equally falsely report a death to Covid when it is clearly something else, for the Covid funding.

It's also the ONLY centralized government-reporting mechanism in the US on adverse vaccine effects, which is a significant point. The simple fact is that VAERS is the only government service reporting on adverse vaccine effects and this government service is telling us that last week more people have died of the vaccine that of the Coronavirus.

The special pleading here of "it coulda' been a bunch of scammers making false reports" (paraphrased) is irrelevant to the fact that the government is giving us data with its only reporting system telling us that a significant number of people have died to this vaccine, which would be the utmost irresponsible to ignore.

Instead, you guys should be calling for investigation, like the CDC investigated the one in the link above.

But no, I see comments that it should be ignored because it is "not worth spreading disinformation". Lets ignore it. That's exactly the sentiment given. Yeah right. It is irresponsible to ignore the only US Government reporting mechanism on the vaccine. It is blatant and clear that these statements are made because it hurts the feelings and pre-determined beliefs on the matter.

If a government reporting system, of the only one to exist in the country, was suggesting that a bunch of people were dying to a drug that you weren't emotionally invested in, you guys would be concerned about that. But because there are some dogmatic beliefs going on, it's not too concerning in this case. A bunch of dogma and faith-based reasoning.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 03:26:08 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2021, 03:30:03 PM »
The people in their 40's and 50's had a chronic illness like cancer. It is fairly established that the people dying are either elderly or they had a serious pre-existing issue. There are plenty of articles on that. That those numbers are people in their 40's and 50's tells the story all by itself. Not many healthy children and teenagers and 20-somethings dying of this disease. They are far less likely to have a chronic health condition than someone in their 40's or 50's.

I don't know about the people in their 40s and 50s, but you're basically correct in that for young, healthy people this disease is not generally that dangerous. But the pandemic has had a big impact on deaths and stretched health services in multiple countries. It's not a fuss about nothing.

Actually VAERS is a website where you need to provide detailed personal information to submit a report, where doctors are required by law to report the adverse effects to the vaccines to VAERS, and where submitting a false report is highly illegal.

I'm not saying that people are reporting falsely - some may be, and you've cited an example where someone did.
But the point is anyone can report an incident. This it not official government data. These were reported in the last week.
No-one has investigated all these cases and officially found a causal link between these deaths and the vaccine.
And, again, a lot more people have had the vaccine in the last few months than have had Covid. So even if all these deaths genuinely are related to the vaccine (and I have explained why that is not a valid assumption) it would still be statistically tiny number compared with your chances of dying from Covid.

its only reporting system telling us that a significant number of people have died to this vaccine, which would be the utmost irresponsible to ignore.
Agreed. And it isn't being ignored. The whole point of VAERS is so these things can be investigated and it can continue to ensure vaccines are administered safely.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2021, 05:17:47 PM »
Quote from: AllAroundTheWorld
I don't know about the people in their 40s and 50s, but you're basically correct in that for young, healthy people this disease is not generally that dangerous. But the pandemic has had a big impact on deaths and stretched health services in multiple countries. It's not a fuss about nothing.

Look at how many elderly and sickly people died of the flu in past years. The number is quite high. People who are old or sick die. It's just a fact of life.

And, again, a lot more people have had the vaccine in the last few months than have had Covid. So even if all these deaths genuinely are related to the vaccine (and I have explained why that is not a valid assumption) it would still be statistically tiny number compared with your chances of dying from Covid.

If the mass-vaccination campaigns are starting to cause more deaths on a weekly basis than Covid then that should be concerning.

At least with Covid we have a general knowledge from past human-virus interaction over the millennia that viral illness is generally temporary and swiftly defeated by the immune system. We don't really know what these vaccines are going to start doing in the future.

In this case you are trying to convince me that it's a good idea to do experiments on me and reprogram my mRNA to produce things in my body for the rest of my life without the long term testing to prove that its safe. Abhorrent.

Agreed. And it isn't being ignored.

I saw some arguments here about wanting to ignore it - "Just about anything is 'possible'. It's not worth spreading disinformation about our best chance at beating the pandemic just because the numbers you want aren't available."

That seems to be saying that it might be disinformation, so we should extinguish discussion about it.

Rama Set

« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2021, 05:29:39 PM »
If the mass-vaccination campaigns are starting to cause more deaths on a weekly basis than Covid then that should be concerning.

Depending on the mortality rate, yes.  It appears the rate is at least an order of magnitude lower than the virus itself with tremendous upside.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2021, 06:12:44 PM »
Look at how many elderly and sickly people died of the flu in past years. The number is quite high. People who are old or sick die. It's just a fact of life.
Well sure. But as I said the all cause mortality in 2020 is significantly higher than the average, I suspect the same will be true in 2021 as a lot of the deaths in the UK were this year.

Well sure. But that is a very big if. And it is extremely unlikely to be the case. You are comparing Covid deaths which are certified by medical professionals with VEARS reports, an open system where literally anyone can file a report and no casual link has been established.

At least with Covid we have a general knowledge from past human-virus interaction over the millennia that viral illness is generally temporary and swiftly defeated by the immune system.

You’ll have to tell that to the Spanish flu which killed 50 million people worldwide. There were 4 waves in that pandemic. Covid isn’t going to kill that many people, I imagine in part because we are a century later and medicine is a lot better now. Plus they managed to develop a vaccine which hopefully will mitigate the risk of further waves.

We don't really know what these vaccines are going to start doing in the future.
We have over a century of data on vaccines. They have all but eliminated certain diseases and been part of a massive rise in life expectancy. So we do know.
The RNA vaccines do the same thing as the traditional ones, they just work is a different  way.

I saw some arguments here about wanting to ignore it
So? The VAERS reports done come through to people on here.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2021, 06:51:12 PM »
Well sure. But as I said the all cause mortality in 2020 is significantly higher than the average, I suspect the same will be true in 2021 as a lot of the deaths in the UK were this year.

The flu cases were way down in 2020-2021 flu season, leading some to believe that the statistics are being manipulated or the Covid tests are cross-testing with existing diseases.

Well sure. But that is a very big if. And it is extremely unlikely to be the case. You are comparing Covid deaths which are certified by medical professionals with VEARS reports, an open system where literally anyone can file a report and no casual link has been established.

Doctors are required to report to VAERS. It's the only system they report to on Vaccine effects.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/index.html

"Healthcare providers are required to report certain adverse events following COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS."

If your argument is that the reports may be coming from the general public making incorrect reports , that information is available for further investigation. Someone claiming that their family member died after taking the vaccine is also concerning. The reports should definitely not be ignored.

We have over a century of data on vaccines. They have all but eliminated certain diseases and been part of a massive rise in life expectancy. So we do know.
The RNA vaccines do the same thing as the traditional ones, they just work is a different  way

None of the other vaccines cause your body to continuously produce a substance for the rest of your life. That needs to be tested.

The other ones work by training your body to recognize the disease as a one time deal. Maybe that's safe. But this one works differently.

So? The VAERS reports done come through to people on here.

What do you mean so? If there are people out there who want to police discussions and ignore or shut down discussion on a government reporting system which suggests that the vaccine may be hurting people it's wrong.

Twitter and YouTube have gone hog-wild on censoring all discussion related to things that are negative to the vaccines recently. Some people can't handle opposing opinions. Probably why you have opted to end a number of your previous discussions with "You're trolling!" rather than any legitimate counterargument.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 07:14:35 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2021, 07:14:58 PM »
Flu cases for what region?

And why would anyone have expected cases to do anything other than plummet, with increased focus on ha d washing, social distancing, mask mandates,  working from home, kids doing school from home and complete lockdowns.

Of course flu numbers were going to plummet. But what is the source for the numbers fox showed on that graphic?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »
The region is the USA. Another source:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/05/10/flu-cases-historically-low-during-covid-what-expect-fall/7088318002/

Public health and clinical laboratories reported 2,038 flu cases during the season from Sept. 27, 2020, to April 24, 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The agency estimated about 38 million people were sick with the flu during the 2019-2020 season.

“It’s been an amazing year,” said Dr. John Swartzberg, a professor emeritus of infectious diseases at the University of California, Berkeley in the school of public health. “In all my years of being a flu watcher … I’ve never seen anything like this.”

The article also attributes the cause to "mask wearing," "social distancing" and "hand washing".

A year full of social distancing, mask wearing, hand washing and staying at home to prevent coronavirus spread rendered the 2020-2021 influenza season practically nonexistent.

Assuming that people even did it right (they didn't, almost no one practices the proper hand washing hygiene when putting on and taking off masks that surgeons perform) why does that defeat the flu, but not Covid?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Oh, so the flu is nearly completely eliminated in the 2020-2021 Flu Season, but COVID runs unchecked, creating similar numbers to what the flu did in the 2019-2020 Flu Season (38 Million). That definitely makes a lot of sense.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 07:59:52 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2021, 07:57:04 PM »
Oh, so the flu is nearly completely eliminated in the 2020-2021 Flu Season, but COVID runs unchecked during that same period, creating similar numbers to what the flu did in the 2019-2020 Flu Season (38 Million). That definitely makes a lot of sense.  ::)

What's the point you're trying to make? That we shouldn't have had lockdowns, limited travel, mask mandates? That we shouldn't have a vaccine for Covid? That Covid is really just the annual flu? What exactly is it that you are suggesting?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2021, 08:34:22 PM »
Oh, so the flu is nearly completely eliminated in the 2020-2021 Flu Season, but COVID runs unchecked during that same period, creating similar numbers to what the flu did in the 2019-2020 Flu Season (38 Million). That definitely makes a lot of sense.  ::)

What's the point you're trying to make? That we shouldn't have had lockdowns, limited travel, mask mandates? That we shouldn't have a vaccine for Covid? That Covid is really just the annual flu? What exactly is it that you are suggesting?

I just presented the data. You can make of it as you will.

But if you want my personal opinion on the matter I don't think Covid is even a real pandemic.

I'm more inclined to think that world powers are trying to hoodwink us for some reason. It might have something to do with the "Great Reset" where they want to use Covid and climate change to implement universal communism on society.

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/528482-john-kerry-reveals-bidens-devotion-to-radical-great-reset-movement

The two justifications for the proposal, which has been aptly named by its supporters the “Great Reset,” are the COVID-19 pandemic (the short-term justification) and the so-called “climate crisis” caused by global warming (the long-term justification).

According to the Great Reset’s supporters, the plan would fundamentally transform much of society. As World Economic Forum (WEF) head Klaus Schwab wrote back in June, “the world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed. In short, we need a ‘Great Reset’ of capitalism.”

There has been some evidence suggesting that Biden and some of his biggest allies back the Great Reset and would attempt to impose it on the United States. But Biden and his team have never explicitly stated that America would be involved — that is, until now.

At a panel discussion about the Great Reset hosted by the World Economic Forum in mid-November, former Secretary of State John Kerry – Biden’s would-be special presidential envoy for climate – firmly declared that the Biden administration will support the Great Reset and that the Great Reset “will happen with greater speed and with greater intensity than a lot of people might imagine.”

When asked by panel host Borge Brende whether the World Economic Forum and other Great Reset supporters are “expecting too much too soon from the new president, or is he going to deliver first day on this [sic] topics?,” Kerry responded, “The answer to your question is, no, you’re not expecting too much.”

“And yes, it [the Great Reset] will happen,” Kerry continued. “And I think it will happen with greater speed and with greater intensity than a lot of people might imagine. In effect, the citizens of the United States have just done a Great Reset. We’ve done a Great Reset. And it was a record level of voting.”

Kerry later argued that the Great Reset is necessary to slow the “climate crisis” and that “I know Joe Biden believes … it’s not enough just to rejoin Paris [the Paris Climate Accords] for the United States. It’s not enough for us to just do the minimum of what Paris requires.”

Kerry also said that because of the Great Reset movement, he believes “we’re at the dawn of an extremely exciting time” and that “the greatest opportunity we have” to address social and economic problems is “dealing with the climate crisis.”

Yes, because we need to fundamentally change the nature of capitalism to defeat Covid and solve the climate crisis. What enlightened thinkers.  :o

You are going to own nothing and be happy, as stated in their promotional material:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 11:22:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #270 on: July 14, 2021, 08:41:12 PM »
Buddhism says the same thing.  They are obviously IN ON ITTM

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 14, 2021, 08:47:17 PM »
I'm more inclined to think that world powers are trying to hoodwink us for some reason. It might have something to do with the "Great Reset" where they want to use Covid and climate change to implement universal communism on society.

Don't threaten me with a good time!

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2021, 12:16:38 AM »
From Professor of Economics Dr. Antony P. Mueller at the Misses Institute:

https://mises.org/wire/no-privacy-no-property-world-2030-according-wef

No Privacy, No Property: The World in 2030 According to the WEF

Individual liberty is at risk again. What may lie ahead was projected in November 2016 when the WEF published “8 Predictions for the World in 2030.” According to the WEF’s scenario, the world will become quite a different place from now because how people work and live will undergo a profound change. The scenario for the world in 2030 is more than just a forecast. It is a plan whose implementation has accelerated drastically since with the announcement of a pandemic and the consequent lockdowns.

According to the projections of the WEF’s “Global Future Councils,” private property and privacy will be abolished during the next decade. The coming expropriation would go further than even the communist demand to abolish the property of production goods but leave space for private possessions. The WEF projection says that consumer goods, too, would be no longer private property.

~

In a promotional video, the World Economic Forum summarizes the eight predictions in the following statements:

- People will own nothing. Goods are either free of charge or must be lent from the state.
- The United States will no longer be the leading superpower, but a handful of countries will dominate.
- Organs will not be transplanted but printed.
- Meat consumption will be minimized.
- Massive displacement of people will take place with billions of refugees.
- To limit the emission of carbon dioxide, a global price will be set at an exorbitant level.
- People can prepare to go to Mars and start a journey to find alien life.
- Western values will be tested to the breaking point..

~

Conclusion

The World Economic Forum and its related institutions in combination with a handful of governments and a few high-tech companies want to lead the world into a new era without property or privacy. Values like individualism, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are at stake, to be repudiated in favor of collectivism and the imposition of a “common good” that is defined by the self-proclaimed elite of technocrats. What is sold to the public as the promise of equality and ecological sustainability is in fact a brutal assault on human dignity and liberty. Instead of using the new technologies as an instrument of betterment, the Great Reset seeks to use the technological possibilities as a tool of enslavement. In this new world order, the state is the single owner of everything. It is left to our imagination to figure out who will program the algorithms that manage the distribution of the goods and services.

World leaders on board:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210131133110/https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/01/29/davos-merkel-macron-coronavirus/

World leaders pledge a ‘great reset’ after the pandemic

Klaus Schwab, WEF’s founder and executive chairman, invoked the need to help provoke a “great reset” around the world in the wake of the pandemic. “The covid-19 crisis has shown us that our old systems are not fit anymore for the 21st century,” he said in a podcast ahead of events this week.

~

Faced with these grim conclusions, world leaders, at least rhetorically, rose to the occasion. French President Emmanuel Macron declared Tuesday that “we will get out of this pandemic only with an economy that thinks more about fighting inequalities.

~

“The capitalist model together with this open economy can no longer work in this environment,” said Macron.

Kristalina Georgieva, managing director of the International Monetary Fund — a global institution once synonymous with neoliberalism — said that “unless capitalism globally brings people closer together, we won’t be winners after this crisis.” She added that the pandemic had widened the gap between wealthy and poorer nations and that global cooperation on addressing a crisis that knew no borders was “not up to par.”

Those sentiments were echoed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who once more used her bully pulpit at Davos to decry nationalism and called attention to the new challenges posed by unequal vaccine distribution around the world. “Let’s not kid ourselves: The question of who gets which vaccine in the world will of course leave new wounds and new memories, because those who get such emergency help will remember that,” she said.

Treaudu on board too: Coronavirus: Trudeau tells UN conference that pandemic provided "opportunity for a reset"

Prince Charles was a big proponent, top execs:

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/504499-introducing-the-great-reset-world-leaders-radical-plan-to

Introducing the 'Great Reset,' world leaders' radical plan to transform the economy

~

Joining Schwab at the WEF event was Prince Charles, one of the primary proponents of the Great Reset; Gina Gopinath, the chief economist at the International Monetary Fund; António Guterres, the secretary-general of the United Nations; and CEOs and presidents of major international corporations, such as Microsoft and BP.

Activists from groups such as Greenpeace International and a variety of academics also attended the event or have expressed their support for the Great Reset.

Although many details about the Great Reset won’t be rolled out until the World Economic Forum meets in Davos in January 2021, the general principles of the plan are clear: The world needs massive new government programs and far-reaching policies comparable to those offered by American socialists such as Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) in their Green New Deal plan.

Or, put another way, we need a form of socialism — a word the World Economic Forum has deliberately avoided using, all while calling for countless socialist and progressive plans.

To defeat the Covid we are now getting rid of capitalism and transitioning to a socialist world where private property is abolished. How exciting everyone.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:25:37 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2021, 12:24:17 AM »
Now that the "here's how Trump can still win" mantra has faded, 'the great reset' is what we'll get to hear all about?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2021, 01:05:48 AM »
In a promotional video, the World Economic Forum summarizes the eight predictions in the following statements:

- People will own nothing. Goods are either free of charge or must be lent from the state.
- The United States will no longer be the leading superpower, but a handful of countries will dominate.
- Organs will not be transplanted but printed.
- Meat consumption will be minimized.
- Massive displacement of people will take place with billions of refugees.
- To limit the emission of carbon dioxide, a global price will be set at an exorbitant level.
- People can prepare to go to Mars and start a journey to find alien life.
- Western values will be tested to the breaking point..

Not to further a great reset discussion when it comes to Covid, but just as an aside, as Tom put it, "I just presented the data. You can make of it as you will."

Fact check: The World Economic Forum does not have a stated goal to have people own nothing by 2030

A video repeating misinformation about the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been shared widely on Facebook.

The WEF does not have a ‘stated goal’ to remove everyone’s private property by 2030. As addressed in previous Reuters fact checks, these claims likely originated from a WEF social media video from 2016 that stated eight predictions about the world in 2030, including: “You’ll own nothing. And you’ll be happy. What you want you’ll rent, and it’ll be delivered by drone.”

Danish politician Ida Auken, who wrote the prediction in question (here), said it was not a “utopia or dream of the future” but “a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse.”

In a written update, she clarified that the piece aimed to “start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development. When we are dealing with the future, it is not enough to work with reports. We should start discussions in many new ways. This is the intention with this piece.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-wef/fact-check-the-world-economic-forum-does-not-have-a-stated-goal-to-have-people-own-nothing-by-2030-idUSKBN2AP2T0

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2021, 01:38:06 AM »
Honestly, sounds great. Where do I sign? If I get more covid jabs can I make this happen faster?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2021, 01:39:29 AM »
Not to further a great reset discussion when it comes to Covid, but just as an aside, as Tom put it, "I just presented the data. You can make of it as you will."

Fact check: The World Economic Forum does not have a stated goal to have people own nothing by 2030

A video repeating misinformation about the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been shared widely on Facebook.

The WEF does not have a ‘stated goal’ to remove everyone’s private property by 2030. As addressed in previous Reuters fact checks, these claims likely originated from a WEF social media video from 2016 that stated eight predictions about the world in 2030, including: “You’ll own nothing. And you’ll be happy. What you want you’ll rent, and it’ll be delivered by drone.”

Danish politician Ida Auken, who wrote the prediction in question (here), said it was not a “utopia or dream of the future” but “a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse.”

In a written update, she clarified that the piece aimed to “start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development. When we are dealing with the future, it is not enough to work with reports. We should start discussions in many new ways. This is the intention with this piece.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-wef/fact-check-the-world-economic-forum-does-not-have-a-stated-goal-to-have-people-own-nothing-by-2030-idUSKBN2AP2T0

Adding on to that point, I'd argue that Auken's article, which you can read for yourself here, isn't really a serious prediction for 2030 at all. It's more a piece of speculative fiction than anything else. Maybe in a hundred years time, the scenario it describes might be a real possibility, but certainly not in ten.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2021, 02:13:51 AM »
The "debunk" admits that it's a video from the WEF, but suggests that it's unrelated to what the WEF actually wants. The WEF was asked about it and they said it was just what might happen "for better or worse". Wow, compelling. ::)

On its site the WEF is literally calling for wealth redistribution, reformation of capitalism, and government provided incomes:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/07/great-reset-must-place-social-justice-centre/

"Wealth needs to be more broadly redistributed"

"Governments will need to intervene more to ensure better and fairer outcomes from private sector investments"

"Capitalism as we know it needs to be reformed"

"Capitalism and socialism will need to merge"

"Wealth has become abundant, thanks to capitalism, but it now needs to be more broadly redistributed, as socialists have long called for."

"In the new institutional context, governments will need to intervene more to ensure better and fairer outcomes from private sector investments. One way this can be done is by introducing a universal basic income (UBI) funded by taxing wealth and passive income, and by making better use of public savings."

One article is titled:

And you are arguing that their video was just an example of what might happen "for better or worse" and is totally unrelated to what these extremists actually want?

The World Economics Forum thinks that maybe that Karl Marx guy was right after all:

The Nation - https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/global-business-elite-go-marxist-davos/

Strange as it may seem, debates on the dangers of rising income inequality are now de rigueur at the annual gathering of the global business elite at this snowbound Swiss mountain resort. During this year’s four-day meeting of the World Economic Forum, 2,600 corporate CEOs, investment bankers, fund managers and assorted social and intellectual entrepreneurs brainstormed and networked frantically during the day. Then, by night, they slithered from party to party in the old tuberculosis sanitariums—now five-star wellness hotels—along the ice-covered promenade.

More than half the 1,200 investors, analysts and traders consulted in a Bloomberg poll published on the eve of the summit agreed that inequality damages economic growth. “Marx was right; capitalism creates obstacles to its own advancement,” said Roubini. The audience nodded in agreement and then headed off for sessions on new investment opportunities in “frontier markets” like Mongolia and Azerbaijan.

Economist - https://web.archive.org/web/20200516154508if_/https://www.economist.com/books-and-arts/2018/05/03/rulers-of-the-world-read-karl-marx

The World Economic Forum’s annual jamboree in Davos, Switzerland, might well be retitled “Marx was right”.

They have a video titled: Can You Rent Everything You Need in Life?

So is this actually something that they don't want? They are clearly trying to sell us on it.

Based on their other materials these aren't actually extreme communists or socialists producing these ideas?

Be honest. It's a video with 143 likes and 2.3K dislikes. Maybe everyone who watched the video just took it the wrong way and the WEF is really promoting things that they don't want but 'may' happen?

Maybe it will work this time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:03:21 PM by Tom Bishop »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2021, 06:06:52 AM »
Tom spends alot of time on current trends of a capitalist society.

What he calls "communism" is actually just extreme capitalism.

Ever heard of a car lease?  Its a great way for dealerships to make money by having you "rent" a car and giving you another one after a period of time, all while ensuring you never stop paying a monthly fee that is equal to or higher than a car loan.  And you don't own the car at the end of the period. (Unless you buy it which will cost more than its worth)
And if you don't want it, they sell it as a used car.  Its a win-win for capitalism! (Just not consumers)

So expand that model to other areas: Homes (oh we already have that), entertainment(already have that), computers (have that too).

And if say... HP decides they won't sell PCs but only lease them and the other makers follow suite.... What do you think will happen?  Do you think some small company will rise up and become a major player in the field?  Because that hasn't happened yet....
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 15, 2021, 06:28:06 AM »
To get back on Track...

Tennessee is pandering to its stupid parts.
https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/7928701002?__twitter_impression=true

Summary: The state governemnt thinks vaccines are bad now(for minors) so they want no part in it.  Which includes both corona and normal, done for the last half a century vaccines like HVP, MMR, etc...
Because solociting vaccines for minors is bad, apparently?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.