Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Just Watched
« Reply #880 on: October 30, 2014, 01:43:58 PM »
Just started watching Firefly. I can see why it was cancelled, the budget spent on every episode must have ben enormous.
Yep.  Just look at all the top tier actors, the elaborate sets, and the realistic special effects.  Undeniably expensive...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 30, 2014, 01:46:52 PM »
Just started watching Firefly. I can see why it was cancelled, the budget spent on every episode must have ben enormous.

It was cancelled due to a lot of little things that added up. Writing errors, budget issues (this was not a big problem though) and time slotting competition all matched the stars up to result in cancelling the show. Make sure you watch Serenity after you complete the series.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #882 on: October 30, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »
"Black Panther" (Nov. 3, 2017)

Uhh.

Uhh what?

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 30, 2014, 02:04:15 PM »
"Black Panther" (Nov. 3, 2017)
Uhh.
Uhh what?

Well, it just depends. Is the superhero's name literally Black Panther? That would be a really bad thing to do. If the movie is about a villain named Black Panther then that would probably be better.

Either way it is a strange movie title that has connotations outside of comic books. I would never name a comic book movie Ku Klux.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 30, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »

The Black Panther's name predates the October 1966 founding of the Black Panther Party.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
The Black Panther's name predates the October 1966 founding of the Black Panther Party.

Yes, and the word "gay" simply means to be happy. Sure have been a lot of people declaring themselves to be happy lately. I heard even the CEO of Apple is happy.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 30, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »
It's a proper noun, though. He's been in comics for fifty-odd years and is established in the marvel canon as 'Black Panther'

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 30, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
It's a proper noun, though. He's been in comics for fifty-odd years and is established in the marvel canon as 'Black Panther'

I'd honestly never heard of him before now, but I still say its a strange hero to make a movie about.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 30, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
All right, that's enough of that.  Behold, not one, but two deluges of superhero crap:

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/10/marvel_vs_dc_comics_which_movi.html

Yes. I can't express my excitement with these announcements, particularly the Inhumans. Black Bolt omg

I had no interest in Doctor Strange until Benedict Cumberbatch was announced as the titular character.

Now I must see it.

Really? I'm the other way around. I love Benedict Cumberbatch a lot, but I don't like the casting.

I'd honestly never heard of him before now, but I still say its a strange hero to make a movie about.

He's awesome though, T'Challa and Wakanda are fun to say
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #889 on: October 30, 2014, 05:44:22 PM »
Given the success of GotG, I think it's safe to say that there is officially no source material in the world that Marvel can't potentially turn into a hit.  And it's great that a black guy and a lady are going to be able to helm their own movies.  Diversity for all!

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 30, 2014, 06:55:14 PM »
Just watched the four episodes of The Flash. I haven't watched Arrow, and nor do I care to, but it doesn't look like it's necessary anyway.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #891 on: October 30, 2014, 07:14:38 PM »
Firefly. I have the series on DVD. It's entertaining but I don't think it deserves the large cult following that it has.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 30, 2014, 07:44:41 PM »
I like Firefly a lot, but I hate everyone who wears a Jayne hat.

« Reply #893 on: October 30, 2014, 08:00:26 PM »
^ haters

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 30, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »
Firefly. I have the series on DVD. It's entertaining but I don't think it deserves the large cult following that it has.

trolololol

I like Firefly a lot, but I hate everyone who wears a Jayne hat.

I never quite understood the fascination with the hat.

Ghost of V

« Reply #895 on: October 30, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »
People are only obsessed with Firefly because of its "tragic" cancelation. The show was too expensive, broadcast out of order, and is clearly a loose rip off of Cowboy Bebop.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 30, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »
People are only obsessed with Firefly because of its "tragic" cancelation. The show was too expensive, broadcast out of order, and is clearly a loose rip off of Cowboy Bebop.

Okay.

« Reply #897 on: October 30, 2014, 09:53:26 PM »

The setting maybe. The things that make Bebop great are not present in Firefly. The things that make Firefly great are not ripped from Bebop.

Ghost of V

« Reply #898 on: October 30, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »

The setting maybe. The things that make Bebop great are not present in Firefly. The things that make Firefly great are not ripped from Bebop.

What exactly makes Firefly great?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 30, 2014, 10:00:25 PM »
Why do you own the DVD set if you don't think it's great? Do you just like wasting money?