Offline Kumeb

• View Profile
Wiki Concerns
« on: September 15, 2018, 12:50:33 PM »
I have noticed that much of the wording in the wiki, especially the FAQ, uses wording that implies Earth is factually flat instead of describing the position of FES as an "opinion" or "theory" (so that discussion may be more openly received). Additionally, I noticed quite a few minor errors and factual inaccuracies throughout the wiki. How does editing work and how do these types of issues generally get addressed?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Concerns
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »
Well one could say the same for the 'theory of evolution' or the 'theory of relativity'. I don't see anyone moaning that those theories are written as fact. Its the theory of evolution, it isn't 'the facts of evolution'. Or are those "opinions" not open for debate?

Don't come here with your double standards. Go to the science community and get your own glass house in order first, before you start throwing stones at ours.

Also, yours is not a legitimate concern. It is an angry rant. We have a separate board for those.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:58:54 PM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Kumeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »
Well one could say the same for the 'theory of evolution' or the 'theory of relativity'. I don't see anyone moaning that those theories are written as fact. Its the theory of evolution, it isn't 'the facts of evolution'.

Don't come here double standardising us. Go to the science community and get your own glass house in order first, before you start throwing stones at ours.

Also, yours is not a legitimate concern. It is an angry rant. We have a separate board for those.

It's not an angry rant, it's a legitimate concern. As for errors that includes a typo or two I saw when reading and I wanted to know how I could help with the wiki quality. Also I saw a post about addressing those who are new to the FES and figured expressing the information in such a manner would sit better with most who aren't associated with FES.

Edit: also from reading other posts it is clear that not all FEs have the same beliefs and such changes may also sit better with them.

Also what do you mean by double standardising and glass houses?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:31:50 PM by Kumeb »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 08:30:15 PM »
Feel free to PM me with any typos and stylistic improvements. As for the tone - I see no reason why the Flat Earth Society would dilute its beliefs with needless apologies and disclaimers on its own website. If you can't deduce that what we say is our own view, then you won't benefit from our content either way.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 12:39:50 PM »
This thread shows why we can't simply have it open to the public.

I took the liberty of assuming that there would be no objections and have added some make-shift editing instructions here to the bottom of the wiki front page:

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Flat_Earth_Wiki

Editing Instructions

There is information about FET that is still not covered and is only found in various books and YouTube videos. If interested in assisting with a new page, or changes to an existing page, please create a thread on our Flat Earth Projects Forum and we will most likely put it in.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:46:04 PM by Tom Bishop »