Hmmm

I have been passively learning then using these techy tricks, called 'advance search operators' :o for longer than 6 months now.
They are extremely useful on YouTube, whenever i need to find specific videos and to filter out unneeded ones.

Originally i began using 'advance searching', because, before that, i would always had to scroll through 10+ pages of videos (or sometimes even more of pages!!) just to find the videos i need. And it was really annoying! >:( >:(

Probably majority of FEs are coming to this forum from either YouTube, Facebook or Reddit (or maybe from somewhere else).
And i myself came here after randomly watching videos related to space, astrophysics and NASA.
So now i wanna help out any FE, RE beginner here, and give few (cwazy) youtube search queries and some tutorials on how to use advanced search operators.

'Advanced search' query examples:
1) -sponsored -movie -3d -playlist -channel, intitle:(("flat earth" | flatearth) & evidence), -tag:"eric dubay" -tag:nasa, short   

2) -sponsored -movie -3d -playlist -channel, ("high altitude" | high-altitude | weather) balloon & (space | cosmos) & night, intitle:(80..150 (ft | feet)), -intitle:(burst), -tag:"cgi" -tag:nasa -tag:tutorial, -tutorial

*Commas (,) are optional! I only use them to make my queries look more understandable and readable.

Fast reference for 'advance search operators' of YouTube:
(These work as of December 2017)
  • intitle:  searches for a single word in the title of a video, and shows only videos with that word in the title.
  • intitle:(query words)  searches for keywords in video's title. Put some words instead of  'query words', like this: intitle:(flat earth)
    Almost the same as  allintitle:(query words)
    (i currently don't know the difference between intitle:() and allintitle:...)
  • tag:()  searches for a word or a phrase in video's tags.
    Example: "flat earth" tag:proof  - it will search for the exact phrase 'flat earth' and for the tag 'proof'.

• -word  removes a single word you don't need from the search results. One of the most useful operators of all.
  • +word  try this, if a single word you need is not showing up in the search results.

• |  use it when you need to combine two different variants, types of search results.
    Example: flat earth | hollow earth  - ideally, shows both results about 'flat eath' and/or results about 'hollow earth'.
  • &  use it when you wanna narrow down search results by having BOTH words ONLY. You can say that  AND ( "&" ) is more strict than OR ( "|" ).
    So  OR ( "|" )  kinda gives you broader video themes, but AND ( "&" )  gives you more specific video themes.
    Example: flat earth & proof - ideally, shows results that are both related to 'flat earth' and 'proof'.

• AROUND(number)  the number sets how many words at maximum can be between those words, which are in the left side and in the right side of AROUND(). This operator must be in UPPER CASE.
    Use it when you see a re-occuring pattern in multiple video titles.
    Example: intitle:(Flat Earth AROUND(5) debunked)  - means there could be some words between 'Flat Earth' and 'debunked', 5 words in between at maximum.
  • (*)  use it when you know only a part of a phrase, or when you don't know what to put after/before a word.
    Example: flat earth * experiment.
  • (..)  use two periods when you need to specify a range of numbers (that should be in video title? )
    Example: intitle:(2..5 minutes after rocket launch)

(these are just search operators i know and use myself. But there could be way more of them, of course!...And there are even URL modifiers on youtube...)
Don't be afraid of experimenting: mix together in a balanced manner, in any way you intuitively feel is the best!

Mixing 'advance search' operators together is a very powerful practice: it will bring you any potential FE, RE, conspiracy evidence you need!!

Tutorials on how to use advanced search operators:
Advanced Video Search on YouTube with Simple Commands
The Ultimate Guide to Advanced YouTube Search
Useful YouTube search operators to make your life easy - The Learning Hub

Google Search Operators | Moz
Google Advanced Search Operators ~ Supple
(In case somebody doesn't know this: Youtube is owned by Google Inc.
And all products of Google are highly integrated with each other - so the search syntax among their products is very similar, and most operators of Google's search engine are compatible with YouTube)

*I know that first 2 articles are kinda crappy, but at least it's something other than nothing.

FEs, REs should try out advance searching in any search engine, like Google or Bing, Yahoo, or even anywhere on the internet.
If they would learn this skill, they will be able to find any useful information pretty quick.

I also think that everyone in this thread should consider experimenting with this kind of searching and, after that, share the search url`s or the youtube search query in here, so that others could use them as reference, template for finding videos they need.
And if i have some mistakes related to search operators and how they work, correct me.

[EDITED]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:40:40 AM by Hmmm »

devils advocate

Cheers for this, I spent AGES trying to find the proof videos that were touted on this forum, there are so many "joke" ones too that one has to wade through to find the actual ones that people believe demonstrates this flat earth idea.  ::)

Hmmm

devils advocate, if i hadn't been using advanced search operators in fairly "balanced" combinations, i would never consider to write my interpretation/retranslation of 'fake sun' hypothesis.

Over last 5-6 month i've found so much video material (7000+ of videos) showing abnormal behavior, of mostly the sun and the moon. And i just can't close my eyes and walk away from this fact. What the hell does it even mean?

And i recently thought about this:
In probability, one of those sun, moon anomaly videos could be 100% true, because i see that video quantity, discussions across different social media are somewhat dynamically growing;
(specifically in this reality, a simple rule always applies: "there is no reaction without initial action" <-> "no cause, no reason - means no effect" <-> "no smoke without fire")
and the more of those types of weird videos are uploaded daily or weekly to Youtube + the more people talk about it on a regular basis (every few days, every few weeks),  the more it's plausible that one of the videos is not video-edited at all, but is true!
sun blinking, somewhat example of daily uploads
sun blinking, somewhat example of weekly uploads
And it could also mean that, if one of those anomaly videos is true, then there could potentially be more than 1, that are also true. (just like in Domino effect)
So the main question is obviously "what if one of those videos is showing the truth?" - "what if one of those videos is not video-edited in any way, and if it has no special effects?"

* i know that my logic is flawed from times to times, and that my arguments are insufficient as evidence, BUT, if something wasn't happening, i wouldn't even start to think about talking here, on this forum about this artificial sun, artificial sky "nonsense"!
And all these various people from all around the world wouldn't even start to think about speaking about crazy topics, like conspiracies for example!!

Something strange (and mind-blowing) is definitely happening in the sky. Otherwise nobody would ever talk about it, nobody would ever pay their attention to it. Especially in this time of so-called 'massive awakening' of human beings (or so-called "expansion, opening up, broadening, widening of collective mind of humans").
It's not just a mental illness. And even if this is, then, this means there are thousands or maybe even millions of crazy people ALL AROUND THE WORLD. And again, in probability, one of those people could be 100% sane, fully rational person, who still would talk about crazy stuff with complete confidence.
And if there could be one sane person among millions of people, then there could potentially be more of sane, fully rational people who still would talk about crazy stuff!

[EDITED]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:09:37 PM by Hmmm »

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Have you ever witnessed the Sun doing this? Has anyone here witnessed it? If the freaking Sun was truly flickering, EVERYONE would know about it. It isn't like that would be an easy thing to hide. These videos are very obviously fake. It seems like your desire to believe in really out there ideas is hindering your ability to apply a little rational thought to things. I can get the same effect by messing with the exposure levels on my phone's camera.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
As a professional videographer, I had a look at some of the 'Flashing' sun videos linked to in the earlier post. I can assure you that every one I looked at are flashing due to pointing the camera towards a bright light, the sun, and the auto settings on the camera fighting to compensate for the extreme variations across the scene and not being able to. Just the sort of thing that can cause imaging chips on cameras to be destroyed. The sort of people who post these videos haven't got a clue how to set their cameras manually and just leave them on automatic. Fine for everyday family shots but for high contrast footage like the sky on a bright day, you run into all sorts of problems.

Funny how in one of the videos there are hundreds of people walking about but not one of them seems to have noticed that the sun is flashing  ::) Every time I bother to look at conspiracy or 'unexplained events' videos, I see every day lens refractions, light reflections or blobs of dust close to the lens. Then you get the out of focus and pulsating autofocus shots and other general misuse signs that dumb people want to believe are ufos, ghosts, spirit orbs, flashing sun or other crap. then of course there are those that dissect every second of NASA and other footage to see cloud faces or aliens in a split second of footage when it is quite clearly something normal to anyone with any experience. lets not also forget those with some editing ability that submit videos to youtube that are obviously faked and those at the top of the tree that are more able and love putting together special effects to show how clever they are and get high viewing numbers. Unfortunately they are rarely good enough to get a proper job in professional CGI companies.

Roger

Hmmm

StinkyOne, Roger G,
Ahhh, i shouldn't have mentioned 'sun phenomena' in this thread! :-[ ...The 'blinking sun'  was just an example.
Roger G, you could be right about camera re-focusing (when i was reading your post, i don't know why, but i sensed a lie...maybe i'm wrong...), but something weird is definitely happening with either the sun or with the atmosphere of Earth. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much various anomaly videos!

However we should concentrate more on 'advance youtube searching'. ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:07:10 AM by Hmmm »

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
StinkyOne, Roger G,
Ahhh, i shouldn't have mentioned 'sun phenomena' in this thread! :-[ ...The 'blinking sun'  was just an example.
Roger G, you could be right about camera re-focusing (when i was reading your post, i don't know why, but i sensed a lie...maybe i'm wrong...), but something weird is definitely happening with either the sun or with the atmosphere of Earth. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much various anomaly videos!

However we should concentrate more on 'advance youtube searching'. ;D

Your advanced search tutorial is very useful and it does enable people to search more specifically for things that interest them.

Slightly off topic but relevant to your post, I am troubled by your posting that you 'Sensed a lie' in my post. I don't lie and don't like being accused of it on a public forum, so would appreciate you being specific about what you feel I was lying about so that I can respond!

The reason people keep posting loads of videos about the flashing sun is because there are a lot out there who don't know how to use cameras properly and get convinced by others doing the same that it must be an anomaly with the sun. Don't believe everything you see on a screen  ;)

Roger

Hmmm

Slightly off topic but relevant to your post, I am troubled by your posting that you 'Sensed a lie' in my post. I don't lie and don't like being accused of it on a public forum, so would appreciate you being specific about what you feel I was lying about so that I can respond!

It's because i have some doubts in your explanation about camera constantly re-focusing and compensating. It kinda contradicts with my personal observations and subconscious belief of how camera works.

Offline Roger G

• View Profile

It's because i have some doubts in your explanation about camera constantly re-focusing and compensating. It kinda contradicts with my personal observations and subconscious belief of how camera works.

So the fact that I use DSLRs and Video cameras most days of my life to earn a living you are prepared to call me a liar because your subconscious belief is that the information I give you is incorrect and that the sun is actually flashing! Instead of believing Bullshit why don't you get a video camera point it at the sun for a few minutes and see what results you get. let me now what ISO, shutter speed and aperture the auto settings use from the exif data when you have finished. I suspect you won't because you would rather believe all the idiotic moronic youtube videos that confirm your fantasy world rather than getting off your butt and getting involved in real life.

Roger

Hmmm

Have you ever witnessed the Sun doing this? (...)
No, i haven't seen anything like that myself (with my naked eyes). But i read a lot of youtube comments on those videos, and most of them say it wasn't only on camera, but they saw this phenomenon with their own bare eyes, without any glasses.
Just use the links and 'search queries' i gave, and read the comments on any of those videos: most people say they actually saw it.

Roger G, you're right about me wanting to beLIEve in fantasy rather than in reality.
Since my early childhood, i have had this mindset of silently "having fantasy in my head" to deal with periodical depressions i would have back then
(i think it was probably due to 'awakening process' happening in me; some people 'awake' in a tough way: depressions, insomnia, suicide and existential thoughts, "mood rollercoaster", uncontrollable emotions, etc).
But, now when i know about things like 'simulation hypothesis' and spirituality-related practices (OBEs, lucid dreaming, psychokinesis, tulpamancy, etc), i would definitely argue whether this whole reality isn't literally a fantasy / a thought projection of some supreme being (God, Absolute) or a machine...
So i can't say for sure what could and couldn't occur, specifically, in this reality...This is why i'm totally open to ANY, crazy or not, possibility, including the 'sun blinking' or 'lunar wave' phenomena.
Just, how...how do i know what is real or not here...And if our reality is literally, most likely an illusion, a simulation of some sort, then what makes 'sun blinking' anomaly less possible in here?? What makes anything that we normally consider crazy  less possible here in this reality?!....

Although i didn't wanted to insult you  or to say stuff like 'you're not an expert in your area of research' - i didn't wanted to do so, no. I just, weirdly, have some doubts about your description of how imaging sensors react to sunlight, and that's all. Maybe i'm wrong, and you're right about this...i don't know...

And we also shouldn't fight each other in this thread. After all, it is about 'advanced search operators', not about 'sun blinking'.

i don't know why, but sometimes i might subconsciously use social-engineering or logical fallacies myself...I try not to do it...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:28:07 PM by Hmmm »

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
Re: Youtube advanced search operators - something that every FE should try out!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 09:18:18 PM »
Have you ever witnessed the Sun doing this? (...)
No, i haven't seen anything like that myself (with my naked eyes). But i read a lot of youtube comments on those videos, and most of them say it wasn't only on camera, but they saw this phenomenon with their own bare eyes, without any glasses.
Just use the links and 'search queries' i gave, and read the comments on any of those videos: most people say they actually saw it.

Roger G, you're right about me wanting to beLIEve in fantasy rather than in reality.
Since my early childhood, i have had this mindset of silently "having fantasy in my head" to deal with periodical depressions i would have back then
(i think it was probably due to 'awakening process' happening in me; some people 'awake' in a tough way: depressions, insomnia, suicide and existential thoughts, "mood rollercoaster", uncontrollable emotions, etc).
But, now when i know about things like 'simulation hypothesis' and spirituality-related practices (OBEs, lucid dreaming, psychokinesis, tulpamancy, etc), i would definitely argue whether this whole reality isn't literally a fantasy / a thought projection of some supreme being (God, Absolute) or a machine...
So i can't say for sure what could and couldn't occur, specifically, in this reality...This is why i'm totally open to ANY, crazy or not, possibility, including the 'sun blinking' or 'lunar wave' phenomena.
Just, how...how do i know what is real or not here...And if our reality is literally, most likely an illusion, a simulation of some sort, then what makes 'sun blinking' anomaly less possible in here?? What makes anything that we normally consider crazy  less possible here in this reality?!....

Although i didn't wanted to insult you  or to say stuff like 'you're not an expert in your area of research' - i didn't wanted to do so, no. I just, weirdly, have some doubts about your description of how imaging sensors react to sunlight, and that's all. Maybe i'm wrong, and you're right about this...i don't know...

And we also shouldn't fight each other in this thread. After all, it is about 'advanced search operators', not about 'sun blinking'.

i don't know why, but sometimes i might subconsciously use social-engineering or logical fallacies myself...I try not to do it...

I certainly don't want to fight you on this thread or any other, I came here for reasoned discussion, but will defend myself vigorously if my integrity is attacked.

All I am asking you to do is investigate these and other Youtube video claims with personal real life experimentation and research. Don't take what you see and read literally, but seek the real truth and if needs be, enlist the help of others who may be better informed or equipped to help you with your quest. Also use some rational thought. If you see people making claims on youtube comments that they saw the sun flashing as well, think about how many millions of people would have been awake at the same time and would certainly have noticed the sun flashing. It would have made all the live news channels and all the newspapers very quickly.

Roger