The domed theory is heresy and here is why.
« on: February 25, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »
 ::)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:35:28 AM by Teleblaster »

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
Re: The domed theory is heresy and here is why.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 02:37:52 PM »
Where in the Holy Book does it mention Tubal Cain making a lance?  Or Julius Caesar or Julius Caesar fighting any war? Heresy is believing stuff not supported by scripture, I would offer.

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »
Oh and I forgot

Genesis 4:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.
 :P

I am familiar with Tubal Cain and how the bible says almost nothing about him.  My priest told me that this story is not accepted doctrine and is therefore heretical.  He asked to see where any of this is mentioned in accepted scripture as determined by the council of Trent (1546).  The Gospel of Thomas is easily found and can be read, but I do not believe that the Christ Child killed two bad kids and I do not believe that story because the Gospel of Thomas is not accepted doctrine.

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 03:43:14 PM »
It's not like I'm asking why adam's third child was the only one who looked like him or why the lord god inseminated abraham's wife sarah?

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/b0110cks/Genesis%2018King%20James%20Version1_zpsexf5exwx.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/b0110cks/Genesis%204-5_zpstduwezcb.jpg

Tubal Cain is clearly mentioned in the scripture though.

Some things are clearly recorded history and merely saying your priest said something without providing proof means nothing.
Again, just because Tubal Cain is briefly mentioned (I said it says almost nothing about him, not that it says nothing) does not then imply that a meteorite was given to him from Adam and that this was made into a spear that etc etc.  Other than the scripture, what historical record of the crucifixion is there?  To imply that my priest does not know what is heretical and what is not, is a little offensive here. It is his job to know what is doctrine and what is not. The Gospel of Thomas is a proven historical document but it is not doctrine.

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »
I guess I should not just stop at a request to prove that I am not just making it up.  My priest answered that just because the Nazi's believed in something that does not make it canon.  I asked about some backup and he said to look at the little bit about the Spear of Destiny in the book (and he said the title should be enough to know what it is about):
Invented Knowledge: False History, Fake Science and Pseudo-Religions. By historian Ronald Fritze.  He also noted that heresy pretty much covers everything that any one person believes (my belief might be your heresy) as illustrated in this joke he pointed me to:
I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it." "Why shouldn't I?" he asked.
"Well, there's so much to live for!" "Like what?" "Are you religious?"
He said: "Yes." I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
"Christian." "Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
"Protestant." "Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
"Baptist." "Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
"Baptist Church of God." "Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?" "Reformed Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"
He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."
I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off"

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 03:27:29 AM »
"My Priest" doesn't exist does he?  As you can't seem to provide proof of his existence. LOL
Try harder. 

Btw How did you like the quotes about Adams 3rd child and the lord god and sarah?
I changed nothing there either.

But I will bid you a good and pleasant evening.

I am not comfortable revealing his name or our church on a public website.

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 04:08:36 AM »
OP, you seem to be under the impression that there is one universally agreed upon orthodox doctrine and everything else is heresy. While this may have been an okay assumption 1,500 years ago, the Great Schism and Protestant Reformation put an end to that long ago. For example, in Presbyterianism anything that's not explicitly spelled out in the Bible can't be considered orthodox. Therefore: no meteorite at the foot of Adam and certainly no side adventures of the spear in the Gallic wars.

Also I'm surprised the Commentarii de Bello Gallico make no mention of Caesar's holy spear handed down through a line of ancient Eastern kings given that it was all war propaganda written by Caesar himself. This was the same period where the guy's contemporary and fellow triumvir, Pompeius Magnus often paraded around publicly in the cloak of Alexander the Great so bragging about owning such a thing would be a very Roman behavior.
"It's easier to fool people that to convince them that they have been fooled ;^)" — Marcus Aurelius, 180 A.D.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 06:30:24 AM »
I'm not sure what you're even talking about and I've been to catholic school my whole life. I'm not going as far to say that you were bluntly wrong, but what does any of this have to do with Flat Earthers? Like, don't get me wrong, I actually learned some stuff from your post. Stuff that I didn't know about Christ. But what does any of this have to do with the earth being flat or round or doomed, or anything. I mean, the question was: "Is the Earth round(yes)?" And you answered: doomed. Look I'm sure that your opinions are important to you, and I get that, but you turning this into a religious thing, when it's really more of a scientific thing. But at the end of the at least your not a Flat Earther.

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 07:28:26 AM »
I'm not sure what you're even talking about and I've been to catholic school my whole life. I'm not going as far to say that you were bluntly wrong, but what does any of this have to do with Flat Earthers? Like, don't get me wrong, I actually learned some stuff from your post. Stuff that I didn't know about Christ. But what does any of this have to do with the earth being flat or round or doomed, or anything. I mean, the question was: "Is the Earth round(yes)?" And you answered: doomed. Look I'm sure that your opinions are important to you, and I get that, but you turning this into a religious thing, when it's really more of a scientific thing. But at the end of the at least your not a Flat Earther.

These aren't posts in your thread, friendo. This is a whole new topic. And it's relevant because many (but not all) flat Earth believers came to those beliefs through a literal reading of the Old Testament (which was written by and initially for Israelites who lived long before the Greeks discovered the Earth was round in the 6th century BC). If the Bible made mention of a meteorite it would be noteworthy, but it doesn't.
"It's easier to fool people that to convince them that they have been fooled ;^)" — Marcus Aurelius, 180 A.D.

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 10:17:28 AM »
By some of the counter points given.  I am just supposed to take the word of someone that because their priest that they cant prove even exist said somehing I am supposed to take it as viable.  The next thing is just because something is not written of directly in scripture does not meake it heretical because of all the FACTUAL historical records that support scripture and by your method of thinking they should all be thrown out also.  By that line of thinking you could also be condemed as a witch for using technology (Your computer) that would be imediately deemed as demonic magic.  ::)

Now that meteorite that fell at the foot of Adam is recorded by another abrahamic faith and you can actually go and see it.  I wonder if you knew that?
Here is the scriptural clue.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/b0110cks/Genesis%2016King%20James%20Version_zpslovwuqgw.jpg

No I don't think that there is one universally accepted doctrine at all and I am aware that the Bible was writen with the understanding of the time.

But it wasn't the greeks that were the first to figure out the Earth was round or the place that it occupied in the solar system.  It was the ancient sumerians
https://ancient-code.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/VA243.jpg

I'm a Presbyterian (hence the example above) so yeah, I do think all the apocrypha should be thrown out theologically. They are fascinating historical documents, but that's it. And yes, I'm very aware the Black Stone in Mecca is the same alleged meteor. I'd even entertain that a worldview that didn't allow meteors would be heretical to Islam on that basis. However until you find the verse in Genesis that mentions it, it's not a part of almost all Protestant canon.

Also lol at that Sumerian carving, that's obviously just the sun and some stars. There are only 5 planets visible to the naked eye so even with the benefit of the doubt including the Earth and Moon, that's too many orbs to represent the planets.

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 10:58:35 AM »
Also lol at that Sumerian carving, that's obviously just the sun and some stars. There are only 5 planets visible to the naked eye so even with the benefit of the doubt including the Earth and Moon, that's too many orbs to represent the planets.

It has nothing to do with what is visible to the naked eye in regards to the knowledge of the ancient world as the dogon (an african tribe) knew about Sirius B
http://www.unmuseum.org/siriusb.htm

BTW
What was solomon up to he seems to have been a very bad man as well as from the bloodline line that I posted earlier?
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/b0110cks/1%20Kings%2010King%20James%20Version_zpsqxu37swh.jpg

The Dogon thing is an obvious myth, asking members of the tribe today will get you a whole range of answers on what the "star" refers to. The Sirius B nonsense is a complete fabrication.

And I have no idea what you're trying to say about Solomon. Quick tip, in the future use imgur over photobucket, it's easier, more reliable, and doesn't take 5 minutes to load.

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 11:28:19 AM »
And I have no idea what you're trying to say about Solomon.

Was the scripture itself not clear enough for you?

1 Kings 10:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,

Revelation 13:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I like the way you claim you're not an F.E. but argue just like them calling anything fiction or nonsence.

I'm sorry, I guess I was looking for a cogent connection to anything else we've been talking about in this thread. I see now that was a mistake.

Ok the why do the sumerians also have Utnapishtim in place of Noah and the Adamu in place of Adam?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utnapishtim

And Romulus was of a holy virgin birth like Jesus, what's your point? The Sumerians still didn't have ancient telescopes with which to see Uranus and Neptune.

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »
Just to try and help these newer posters:
The thread is about domed not doomed.
The argument is that if you believe in a Flat Earth you are potentially engaging in heretical thought because part of the belief is that the Earth is under a dome.
Asteroids are not part of that dome.
If God gave Adam a meteorite, and it was made into a spear, and Noah took the spear on the Ark and then Julius Caesar had it, and it was used to stab Jesus so that they would not break his legs, the Earth must be round.  Asteroids do not exist under a dome.
What I say does not matter because I refuse to give proof that I went to church on a Sunday and talked to my priest about whether this is canon or not.  Other than revealing the phone number of my priest so he can be talked to directly, not sure what proof to give.  Although he said probably most priests would back him up so it might be possible to just call any priest and ask them. 
If I did not go to church on Sunday, then I guess that proves the Earth is ... uhm, flat?

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 02:30:21 PM »
Just to try and help these newer posters:
The thread is about domed not doomed.
The argument is that if you believe in a Flat Earth you are potentially engaging in heretical thought because part of the belief is that the Earth is under a dome.
Asteroids are not part of that dome.
If God gave Adam a meteorite, and it was made into a spear, and Noah took the spear on the Ark and then Julius Caesar had it, and it was used to stab Jesus so that they would not break his legs, the Earth must be round.  Asteroids do not exist under a dome.
What I say does not matter because I refuse to give proof that I went to church on a Sunday and talked to my priest about whether this is canon or not.  Other than revealing the phone number of my priest so he can be talked to directly, not sure what proof to give.  Although he said probably most priests would back him up so it might be possible to just call any priest and ask them. 
If I did not go to church on Sunday, then I guess that proves the Earth is ... uhm, flat?

This is a whole lot of nonsense regardless of the earth's shape.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 04:47:36 PM »
Therefore if there is a dome, no meteorite, no spear and more importantly no crucifiction.  :P
There is no dome because the Bible says so? That, my friend, is a dangerous road to walk upon.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 07:42:15 PM »
They didn't need telescopes as either the information came with those who fell or they were engaged in caertain practices that gave them abilities.

It's pretty funny that the aliens came down and then trolled them by telling them the wrong number of planets then. Also, weird choice to teach this primitive culture bad astronomy over almost anything else that would have been infinitely more useful: calculus, physics, chemistry, economics, material science, medicine, civil engineering, et cetera, et cetera.

Anyway this is a board for debating the flat Earth hypothesis in a grounded, evidence driven way. If you want to discuss all your favorite secret societies and ancient aliens, I'm sure there are tons of other forums elsewhere that would welcome that.

Offline Mr. Potatohead

• Create funny faces! Choose from over 20 parts! 2+
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 08:57:55 AM »
Teleblaster, how does any of the evidence you have given prove to us the shape of the Earth or the authenticity of the bible? You have given us a great many verses from the bible, but do any of them prove that a spear was made from an asteroid and passed through many generations, from iconic biblical figures to roman leaders? No, instead, all you are doing is drawing conclusions from evidence that isn't there.
Hey Vsauce, Michael here! In 2003, researchers did the measurements, and found that Kansas is in fact, literally flatter than a pancake. Of course, the Earth is not flat, the Earth is round, otherwise travellers would be falling off the edge all the time, right? Wrong. If the Earth were not a ball shape, but instead was a flat disk, like this plate, well with the right density and thickness, living in the middle could feel pretty normal, but...