Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1760 on: November 12, 2016, 08:35:11 PM »
I wouldn't call the members of his cabinet short list of Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Rudy Giuliani, Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Stephen Bannon, and Myron Ebell "better." They're almost all part of the Republican establishment. It's not surprising, given that Trump is apparently letting Pence pick his cabinet members for him, but it's far from "draining the swamp."
Ah, right, so it seems that your idea of disempowering the establishment is to give it the boot altogether and hire a bunch of non-politicians. I can see how that would work, but I don't think it's a fair interpretation of Trump's promise, not even by a long shot.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 12, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »
Insurance premiums are spiking because companies have been given monopolies over the states they control. You don't get to choose between companies, so they get to charge you whatever they want. They don't have a price cap, they just have to give the government the prices in advance and say "we're doing this next fiscal year" and that doesn't invalidate their contract.
But they didn't spike like they are now.  Not like they suddenly got a monopoly.
And even so, it IS profit prohibitive to allow customers whose medical costs per lifetime exceed their lifetime contribution.

Apparently not very prohibitive, seeing as how every other first world nation seems to be doing it just fine.

« Reply #1762 on: November 12, 2016, 08:56:25 PM »
I wouldn't call the members of his cabinet short list of Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Rudy Giuliani, Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Stephen Bannon, and Myron Ebell "better." They're almost all part of the Republican establishment. It's not surprising, given that Trump is apparently letting Pence pick his cabinet members for him, but it's far from "draining the swamp."
Ah, right, so it seems that your idea of disempowering the establishment is to give it the boot altogether and hire a bunch of non-politicians. I can see how that would work, but I don't think it's a fair interpretation of Trump's promise, not even by a long shot.

He could start by just not hiring corrupt people. I mean, Chris Christie? Really? After the bridge-gate verdict? Sarah Palin is a moron, and Myron Ebell for the head of the EPA is a climate change denialist. So draining the swamp, for me, would entail competent people, not necessarily non-politicians.

Even you must admit that these cabinet picks are far from the most competent people he could have chosen. Rather, Trump sorry, Pence, seems to be filling up the cabinet with loyal insiders.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 12, 2016, 09:06:25 PM »
Insurance premiums are spiking because companies have been given monopolies over the states they control. You don't get to choose between companies, so they get to charge you whatever they want. They don't have a price cap, they just have to give the government the prices in advance and say "we're doing this next fiscal year" and that doesn't invalidate their contract.
But they didn't spike like they are now.  Not like they suddenly got a monopoly.
And even so, it IS profit prohibitive to allow customers whose medical costs per lifetime exceed their lifetime contribution.

Apparently not very prohibitive, seeing as how every other first world nation seems to be doing it just fine.
I think the key word in that is "profit".
Public health care systems don't earn a profit and since they're funded by taxes, they have the entire nation funding one pool by default.
Also, WAY more simplified.  But that's the result of the not-for profit model.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

George

« Reply #1764 on: November 12, 2016, 09:38:01 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 12, 2016, 11:37:44 PM »
Hillary will win the nomination and then lose to God Emperor Trump.

Oh yes.

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 13, 2016, 09:40:53 AM »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 14, 2016, 02:56:28 PM »
The Mastery.

« Reply #1772 on: November 14, 2016, 03:42:12 PM »
They have gifs with sound now:

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 14, 2016, 06:21:15 PM »
>cutting the punchline
The Mastery.

« Reply #1774 on: November 14, 2016, 06:51:51 PM »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 14, 2016, 07:49:33 PM »
T R U M P
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 15, 2016, 10:08:20 AM »
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/14/502018139/trump-advisors-mulling-whether-to-keep-fbi-director-james-comey

"I respect him alot." 
Well, at least now we know why James sent that memo: to help protect his job.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 15, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/14/502018139/trump-advisors-mulling-whether-to-keep-fbi-director-james-comey

"I respect him alot." 

Uhh, Dave, agency directors have terms. Comey will have his job until 2024 regardless of who was elected.

Rama Set

« Reply #1778 on: November 15, 2016, 04:27:46 PM »

"I respect him alot." 

Uhh, Dave, agency directors have terms. Comey will have his job until 2024 regardless of who was elected.

President's can and have removed FBI Director's with cause and congress can also impeach them.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 15, 2016, 04:55:28 PM »

"I respect him alot." 

As Rama said, there are ways to remove a director and, surprise surprise, there's gonna be a full Republican run house, senate, and white house. 
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2002/06/how_do_you_dump_the_fbi_director.html

Clinton did it.

And even if they couldn't get him forcefully removed, I'm sure they could make his life unpleasant.