George

Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1700 on: November 07, 2016, 10:25:16 PM »
Most people don't know what the new investigation was even about. All they will know is that the "partisan witch-hunt" led by the FBI will have failed its plan to unfairly prosecute one of the greatest, most honorable women of our time.

I can't imagine anyone having such a rosy view of Hillary beyond the core group of (I can't believe I'm about to say this - the company I keep must be rubbing off on me) diehard feminists who have been with her for every step of the way.  Most people disapprove of how Hillary has handled the entire email situation, along with bafflingly viewing Trump as more honest than her, despite the fact that he's objectively lied far, far more than she has throughout the race.

That first exoneration didn't really stick, so they wanted to have another one right before the election to make the sheep feel safer about selecting their next executioner in chief

If that were the case, then why not just announce that after further review, they're sticking to their decision to not charge her?  Why first throw the race into chaos with the vague letter declaring the investigation back open?  That was hardly going to reassure anyone.

« Reply #1701 on: November 08, 2016, 07:38:46 PM »
That first exoneration didn't really stick, so they wanted to have another one right before the election to make the sheep feel safer about selecting their next executioner in chief

If that were the case, then why not just announce that after further review, they're sticking to their decision to not charge her?  Why first throw the race into chaos with the vague letter declaring the investigation back open?  That was hardly going to reassure anyone.

Because they're not that bright. Maybe the net positive outweighed the net negative in their focus groups, I don't know. But I've seen people triumphantly celebrating this second FBI "clearing" of Clinton, as some kind of assertion that they were right all along about the emails not mattering. The emails do matter. We will see some shit go down after she's elected,  I'll be shocked if she gets out of this without an Obama pardon

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 08, 2016, 07:48:10 PM »

Because they're not that bright. Maybe the net positive outweighed the net negative in their focus groups, I don't know. But I've seen people triumphantly celebrating this second FBI "clearing" of Clinton, as some kind of assertion that they were right all along about the emails not mattering. The emails do matter. We will see some shit go down after she's elected,  I'll be shocked if she gets out of this without an Obama pardon

Couple of things.
1. I have not heard people celebrating this.  But then again, I turned off my facebook feed.  But even so, the e-mails don't matter anymore.  If they haven't found whatever missing e-mails by now, they never will.
2. We will not see some shit go down after the election.  What would change?  Why would it suddenly cause someone to say "Oh hey, I've got these e-mails!"
3. Obama can't pardon someone who isn't convicted of a crime.  Even IF she suddenly got charged today, unless she pleaded guilty, Obama would be out of office long before the trial concluded.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1703 on: November 08, 2016, 09:50:46 PM »

Couple of things.
1. I have not heard people celebrating this.  But then again, I turned off my facebook feed.  But even so, the e-mails don't matter anymore.  If they haven't found whatever missing e-mails by now, they never will.
2. We will not see some shit go down after the election.  What would change?  Why would it suddenly cause someone to say "Oh hey, I've got these e-mails!"
3. Obama can't pardon someone who isn't convicted of a crime.  Even IF she suddenly got charged today, unless she pleaded guilty, Obama would be out of office long before the trial concluded.

I've seen it, then again I'm an American living in America. It's not emails missing that's the problem, we already got enough information from what HAS been released that she frequently engages in behavior that is devastating to true democracy. Collusion with media, voter intimidation, fraud, political favors to the highest bidder. I don't see how anyone could be comfortable knowing how their meaningful right to vote has long been usurped and not a single agency we pay to stop that from happening is going to do anything about it.

George

« Reply #1704 on: November 08, 2016, 09:58:58 PM »
People were indeed celebrating Hillary's second "clearing," although I'd argue it was no more enthusiastic or widespread than Trump and the Republicans' celebration when the FBI reopened the investigation.  Also, it's within the president's power to pardon someone before they've even been indicted for an offense.  One of the most famous examples is Ford's pardon of Nixon.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 09, 2016, 04:39:56 AM »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: November 09, 2016, 04:45:16 AM »
BEHOLD THE HOLY IMPERIAL CROWN
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: November 09, 2016, 05:53:14 AM »
Trump IS winning by a landslide.

Well fuck.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: November 09, 2016, 06:16:56 AM »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: November 09, 2016, 06:21:47 AM »
Romney is still winning by a landslide

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: November 09, 2016, 06:37:37 AM »
So... does this mean the Election isn't rigged and never was?
Or Trump rigged it?

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 09, 2016, 06:46:50 AM »
It's all ogre. Trump wins. Here's hoping he doesn't do something massively stupid.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 09, 2016, 06:57:44 AM »
It's all ogre. Trump wins. Here's hoping he doesn't do something massively stupid.

Well he doesn't want a no-fly zone over Syria like Hillary, risking war with Russia, so maybe there's that?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 09, 2016, 07:33:09 AM »
It's official: Trump won.

« Reply #1714 on: November 09, 2016, 07:50:17 AM »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 09, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »
http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/11/09/donald-trump-elected-45th-president-of-the-united-states/

Well he doesn't want a no-fly zone over Syria like Hillary, risking war with Russia, so maybe there's that?

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1805.msg106124#msg106124

sandokhan I love you but no one gives a shit about any of the retarded things you have to say at the moment

« Reply #1716 on: November 09, 2016, 08:04:53 AM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:07:57 AM by sandokhan »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: November 09, 2016, 08:14:21 AM »

Just an FYI, that cartoon doesn't predate the real events on which it was based.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 09, 2016, 08:17:17 AM »
Your enthusiasm is way out of proportion in comparison to the facts...

http://www.vox.com/2016/10/4/13170020/mike-pence-vice-presidential-debate-russia

And you non-ironically sourced Vox as a reliable source for anything ever.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 09, 2016, 08:17:58 AM »
Well, just got up to see the start of the last season of "The USA", the last nail in the coffin of the age of reason.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.