Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1380 on: October 07, 2016, 08:22:06 PM »
All politicians are actors, Trump just keeps changing his role.

isn't trump supposed to be the paragon of honesty and telling it like it is and not being an actor/politician?  idgi.

Trump is the God Emperor. He is the light, the glory, and his word is law.

« Reply #1381 on: October 07, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-muslim-ban.html

“Because that’s not Donald Trump’s position now.”

lol.

That is fucking hilarious.

When Hillary flip flops every election cycle everyone commends her for evolving, but if Trump changes on any issue he is chastised for being a hypocrite. Am I the only one who notices.

« Reply #1382 on: October 08, 2016, 12:02:26 AM »
When Hillary flip flops every election cycle everyone commends her for evolving, but if Trump changes on any issue he is chastised for being a hypocrite. Am I the only one who notices.

Trump "evolves" in as little as 12 hours. There's nothing wrong with changing your mind. There is something wrong if your campaign is apparently bipolar.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 08, 2016, 12:25:56 AM »
is something wrong if your campaign is apparently bipolar.

wow, such ableist

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 08, 2016, 02:16:27 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37592684

"Hey guys, all these leaked documents exposing our extremely corrupt primary and election processes are really annoying, what do we do about it?"

uhh, blame Russia?

"That's a great idea! Thanks, Obama!"

George

« Reply #1385 on: October 08, 2016, 03:01:18 AM »
That doesn't make any sense.  Accusing Russia of orchestrating the hacking only calls more attention to the revelations of those emails.  The best thing to do if they wanted to downplay the scandal would be to simply never bring it up and hope that people forget about it over time.  It's far more likely that Russia really is behind the hacking than that this is some weird, poorly thought-out political stunt.

In other news, what a class act:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 08, 2016, 03:46:35 AM »
http://presstv.ir/Detail/2016/10/07/487980/Clinton-US-president--war-Syria

Good article.
I have the book of articles by various authors that Stephen Lendman put together about American support of fascism in Ukraine.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 08, 2016, 04:13:18 AM »

i'm increasingly convinced that the entire campaign is performance art.  and if it is, then it's utterly brilliant.

On big things like determining who wields presidential power in the USA, the election process is a lie - a glove that hides an iron fist.

It seems to me that the major media's strategy is to portray Clinton as reasonable as opposed to Trump as a buffoon, but people who buy into either major candidate endorse the propaganda veneer of a progressively system Fascist system.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 08, 2016, 06:30:00 AM »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 08, 2016, 08:53:01 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-muslim-ban.html

“Because that’s not Donald Trump’s position now.”

lol.

That is fucking hilarious.

As Trekky pointed out, Trump changes his mind far too quickly.  Not only that but a ban on muslims was a major part of his campaign. It would be like if Hillary decided that, in order to help herself in the polls, she changed her position on gun control, saying that guns should now be more easily obtained by law abiding citizens with less restrictions.  It would be out of character and totally out of base for the people who voted for her in the primary.

That doesn't make any sense.  Accusing Russia of orchestrating the hacking only calls more attention to the revelations of those emails.  The best thing to do if they wanted to downplay the scandal would be to simply never bring it up and hope that people forget about it over time.  It's far more likely that Russia really is behind the hacking than that this is some weird, poorly thought-out political stunt.
Yeah but maybe it's a way to show that Trumps friend, Putin, is trying to help Trump win.  Or it has nothing to do with politics and wasn't thought of in any political way. 

Trump read a pre-prepared script as a response.  And man was it in stark contrast.  He looked like a presidential candidate.
Which should make his supporters lose their cool.  I mean, this is Trump!  He doesn't apologize!  He tells it like it is.  He's the every man (with billions of dollars).  He is literally doing things he said he would never do in the primaries.  He's apologizing, being politically correct, and reading from a teleprompter. 

However, I will say that this isn't something that should have gone up.  We all say shit like this (or similar) and frankly, it's not something we should throw around and say "See?  See?  Trump's an asshole".  Well of course he is.  But you don't need to bring up private conversations to show it nor should it be relevant.  I'm sure Obama has said the word Fuck more than once.  Should we show that on national TV with the words "Do you want a president who swears?"  Granted, that's not AS bad but my point is, digging up ancient history of a private chat that reveals Trump is crude shouldn't be anywhere near the national news.  Maybe in the tabloids but not mainstream.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 08, 2016, 01:36:46 PM »

They really want to go to war with Russia and have spent the last few years fear mongering and provoking them in Syria.

Plus, the article doesn't mention the email scandal. It just says the Obama administration claims Russia is hacking election systems.

George

« Reply #1392 on: October 08, 2016, 03:22:35 PM »
Yeah but maybe it's a way to show that Trumps friend, Putin, is trying to help Trump win.

Nobody seriously thinks that Trump and Putin are friends.  If the accusation that Russia has been interfering in the election pans out, it would lend credence to the idea that Putin, far from respecting Trump as an equal or peer, has been manipulating him the whole time with his flattery.  Trump's childish psychology and predictable behavior would be a disaster for foreign policy if he were elected.

Plus, the article doesn't mention the email scandal. It just says the Obama administration claims Russia is hacking election systems.

Sure it does:

The leaked emails appeared to show that Democratic Party officials were biased against Bernie Sanders in his primary race against Mrs Clinton.

« Reply #1393 on: October 08, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »
i've said plenty of shit in my life that i wish i could unsay, but this notion that 'well you know whatever this is how all dudes talk to each other in private' is not accurate.  there's a world of difference between "omg that chick is hot af i wanna do dirty things with her" and "lol yeah bro i just force myself on women whenever i want it's p awesome just kiss her and grab that pussy."  if this was just a video of trump talking about how smoking hot his costar was, then no one would give a shit.

plus i just don't think that this is the same as a private conversation among friends.  he was on a bus on the set of a tv show, wearing a microphone, having a conversation with someone he barely knows, and among a bunch of other people he barely knows, like the bus driver.

holy shit this is brilliant:
"All of this behavior occurred when he [Trump] was a Democrat," said Hutchison. "I'm saying that the man was Democrat at the time and that Bill Clinton defined this behavior."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:11:16 PM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 08, 2016, 07:37:06 PM »
i've said plenty of shit in my life that i wish i could unsay, but this notion that 'well you know whatever this is how all dudes talk to each other in private' is not accurate.  there's a world of difference between "omg that chick is hot af i wanna do dirty things with her" and "lol yeah bro i just force myself on women whenever i want it's p awesome just kiss her and grab that pussy."  if this was just a video of trump talking about how smoking hot his costar was, then no one would give a shit.

plus i just don't think that this is the same as a private conversation among friends.  he was on a bus on the set of a tv show, wearing a microphone, having a conversation with someone he barely knows, and among a bunch of other people he barely knows, like the bus driver.

holy shit this is brilliant:
"All of this behavior occurred when he [Trump] was a Democrat," said Hutchison. "I'm saying that the man was Democrat at the time and that Bill Clinton defined this behavior."

Wow...
Just...
Is that really how she justifies it?  She's really grasping at straws...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #1395 on: October 08, 2016, 08:19:35 PM »
Wow...
Just...
Is that really how she justifies it?  She's really grasping at straws...

Obvious desperation move to try and salvage a crumbling (for now) campaign.

Sure it does:

The leaked emails appeared to show that Democratic Party officials were biased against Bernie Sanders in his primary race against Mrs Clinton.

I think Rushy is referring to the private email server and the mishandling of classified documents vs the hacked DNC emails that revealed that the conspiracy against Bernie Sanders was actually true.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 08, 2016, 11:07:40 PM »
There are so many email scandals now, I have to specify which one. This is just amazing.

Rama Set

« Reply #1397 on: October 09, 2016, 12:39:24 AM »
There are so many email scandals now, I have to specify which one. This is just amazing.

You've never even mentioned the Dubya private email server... Maybe start there?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 09, 2016, 05:23:33 AM »
Aren't there really only 2?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 09, 2016, 01:21:32 PM »

You've never even mentioned the Dubya private email server... Maybe start there?

I am fully aware that Hillary is just as incompetent as Bush.

Aren't there really only 2?

Don't forget the Clinton Foundation hacks which show banks donating parts of their TARP funds to the Clintons.