Why was my thread in Angry Ranting locked?
« on: July 06, 2023, 06:11:36 AM »
My thread entitled "Why are there no scientists pushing the FE idea?" in Angry Ranting was locked.  I'd appreciate knowing why (it's hard to follow rules if not told what they are).  The title did not make clear that I was looking for how FEers answered that question but the post did so.  I thought it was a pretty ordinary question.
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: Why was my thread in Angry Ranting locked?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 12:41:09 PM »
The title did not make clear that I was looking for how FEers answered that question but the post did so.  I thought it was a pretty ordinary question.
Yet you posted it in Angry Ranting, a forum dedicated to not getting answers to questions, for which reason the rules are relaxed. Circumventing the rules by inappropriately posting in forums where there are fewer of them is not okay.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 04:33:28 PM »
OK, thanks.   Where would it be appropriate to ask that question?  In "flat earth community" perhaps?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 04:38:16 PM by ichoosereality »
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 06:34:11 AM »
You're asking where to post something that you immediately opened with "I know I'll get banned for this".

If you, personally, are entirely convinced that the post is not a good fit for the forum, perhaps consider posting something that would be a good fit instead?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 03:32:52 PM »
I was just expressing my previous experience in getting banned for what I thought was a completely reasonable post that was within the posted rules.    You tell me, is asking the FEers why there are no FE supporters within the thousands of professional scientists in the related fields, an allowed question?  If so, where may I post it?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 06:18:42 PM »
I was just expressing my previous experience in getting banned for what I thought was a completely reasonable post that was within the posted rules.
Indeed. So, knowing that this particular situation is so egregious that even you have no doubt you'd get banned, it should be easy to navigate.

You tell me, is asking the FEers why there are no FE supporters within the thousands of professional scientists in the related fields, an allowed question?
Dunno, it smacks of disingenuous trolling. After all, you're asking why something that's false is true - I think it would take some effort to convince anyone to participate.

That said, we don't strictly disallow questions - that would go against the free speech ethos of this website. It's only when you abuse our hospitality that we intervene.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 06:41:06 PM »
You tell me, is asking the FEers why there are no FE supporters within the thousands of professional scientists in the related fields, an allowed question?
Dunno, it smacks of disingenuous trolling. After all, you're asking why something that's false is true ...
Perhaps you would care to provide evidence that my assertion is false here
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 12:26:13 AM by ichoosereality »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2023, 11:11:36 AM »
Perhaps you would care to provide evidence that my assertion is false here
Thank you for confirming that this was just disingenuous trolling. I'll clean it up now, and you won't be doing it again.

Since the core questions of this thread have been answered and you are now just using it to advertise your trolling attempts, I'll be locking this too.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 11:14:16 AM by Pete Svarrior »